Torpedo - Compact Schwarzkopf Looping Coaster (Now Released!)

• 6 replies

Offline MultiWilPill

• Explain this
    • View Profile
Hey everyone! Most of you probably don't recognize me, and that's because I've been inactive on this forum for years. But today I decided to get back to the forums and post something new. With that being said, I introduce to you my newest roller coaster: Torpedo!

This roller coaster is a Schwarzkopf Looping Coaster. The coaster runs with 2 trains, each containing 4 cars with 4 seats for every car (giving a maximum capacity of 16 riders per train). It reaches a maximum height of 20 meters, a maximum speed of 65 km/h and a maximum G-force of 3.6 G's. The track length is 549 meters, and the ride's duration is 1 min 17 seconds (including the lift hill and the break run). The biggest drop is 17 meters tall, and the signature loop reaches a maximum height of 17 meters. The ride partially features custom supports (I got lazy and decided to only add custom supports to certain parts of the ride, I may fully support the ride in the future), and scenery lights hugging the loop's crest. Anyways, let's view some pictures!

This is what the coaster looks like from one side.

And this is from the other side.

Here's a top-down view of the layout.

Here's an overview with the coaster's first drop at the center of attention.

The break run, with the remaing layout in the background.

After the loop, the coasters ascends a turning hill and goes through a small dip before descending into a tight, curved drop.

The trains as they wait in the station and break run, respectively.

The coaster is extremely small and compact, which results in lots of near-miss elements as well as strange-looking supports.

Torpedo's train rushing over an airtime hill. It's faster and more intense than you'd think!

A train entering the little break run.

Whoosh!

Nyoom!

The anticipation for the drop slowly builds as the train slowly climbs the lift hill...

"Oh $#&@! Watch your head!"

The train slowly ascending the lift hill, as seen from the station.

*Robb Alvey voice* LOOP-DEE-LOOP!

*lift hill noises*

Out...

and back!

Gotta go fast!

Faster, faster-FASTERFASTERFASTER.

I've thouroughly checked all near-miss elements, don't worry; the guests are never actually in danger of getting injured.

I chose to go with the flag of Latvia because 1) it's very pretty and 2) it matches the train's color scheme!

That's all for now! I intend to upload this to Steam Workshop as soon as I'm 100% finished and satisfied with the ride. So until then, what you think?  ;)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 07:10 AM by MultiWilPill »
Hejsan honey! <3

Re: Torpedo - Compact Schwarzkopf Looping Coaster
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 05:50 AM »
welcome back - hope to see more of this great work

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 03:25 PM »
Nice to meet you, MWP!  I'm relatively new here, only been around about 1.5 years.  And I'm not a coaster geek so am unfamiliar with the nuances of the various Schwarzkopf coasters and thus can't comment on the realism.  But as a life-long adrenaline junkie, I think this coaster's got sexy legs :).
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline MultiWilPill

• Explain this
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 05:30 AM »
Now it's finished! I changed the cars' color scheme to red-white-black and added some more decorations! Enjoy these two pictures! :)

And of course, the link to the ride at the Steam Workshop:
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1612956297

:mad:up:
Hejsan honey! <3

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Torpedo - Compact Schwarzkopf Looping Coaster (Now Released!)
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 05:47 PM »
Looks great! :)
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline The Grey

• Professional Roller Coasterer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 07:56 AM »
That is a great rendition of a Schwarzkopf!  :o :drool:  :love:

Scorpion at Busch Gardens Tampa was pretty decent, however your coaster looks to really put classic roller coaster techniques to great use! Tighter and tighter to create that illusion of constant speed or even speeding up, the out and back and out and back, dipping and diving, climbing over other track segments :scared:! Very tight and compact, original yet feels like a real life Planet Coaster remake.

Not overdone, not under-performing, this ride is just right! 10/10 from me! :up:
If it doesn't include either Roller coasters, Music or Hockey... count me out....

Offline MultiWilPill

• Explain this
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 07:08 AM »
wowmanrct
Thank you! It's good to be back. ;)

Bullethead
Thanks, I was quite pleased with the supports as well! :)

shyguy
Omg I can't believe the owner of this website actually commented on my post, notice me Senpai! :love: Ok but seriously, thanks! :)

The Grey
Wow, that's amazing to hear! Thank you so much for the kinds words, it means a lot! :P And in case you're curious, I took quite a bit of inspiration from Lisebergsloopen that once existed at Liseberg. B)
Hejsan honey! <3