The Wonderful World of OZ!

• 69 replies
Re: The Wonderful World of OZ!
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2019, 11:44 AM »
Charm is abundant here. Such a great homage to the movie. Can't wait to see how this shapes up.
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2019, 03:27 PM »
Victor Fleming, one of the four directors on the film, was famous for his ubiquitous cigars. He left the film early to start Gone With the Wind, and George Cukor finished up Wizard.

Damn, I thought I was going to be breaking a new taboo by selling tobacco at Pharqueson Farms ;).
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2019, 05:45 AM »
You're crafting a Main Street that's perfectly suited to your source material.  Really like the billboard inserts you're using for the shop windows, I've had a horrible time finding good ones that fit the theme and scale.

Damn, I thought I was going to be breaking a new taboo by selling tobacco at Pharqueson Farms ;).

I had a cigar shop in Expo City.  But then, you could also buy weed and sex in that park so take it for what it's worth :P

« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2019, 06:17 AM »

Ha ha! Actually, the original RCT3 version of the park had a tobacco shop with a wooden Indian and everything!

You're crafting a Main Street that's perfectly suited to your source material.  Really like the billboard inserts you're using for the shop windows, I've had a horrible time finding good ones that fit the theme and scale.

Thank you. I don't think about how much time I waste looking for images!

Here's a few more;

Dentist;

Hardware;

The Cafe actually has a mocked up interior;

The Bakery. I took a picture of Wagi's beautiful 3D window insert from the RCT3 park, and used it here!

Same with the Millinery Shoppe;

Finally, the barber shop;

I had a cigar shop in Expo City.  But then, you could also buy weed and sex in that park so take it for what it's worth :P

I'll see what I can do about the weed and the sex.

« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2019, 10:10 AM »
Haha, maybe you shouldn't :P

Commenting again to add that Wagi's inserts are just beautiful.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2019, 07:03 PM »
But then, you could also buy weed and sex in that park so take it for what it's worth :P

Well, now that I think about it, Quarantine Island had ayahuasca on tap and was a key port for human trafficking, but those seem to be more socially acceptable than good ol' tobacco these days.  QI also made its own brand of cigars but they weren't anywhere near as popular as the other things.

Ha ha! Actually, the original RCT3 version of the park had a tobacco shop with a wooden Indian and everything!

That's brilliant!  Thanks for showing this ancient history ;).

I'll see what I can do about the weed and the sex.

Dorothy was more into the poppy than the herb.  And then the flying monkeys showed up..................

Anyway, that's an awesome main street collection there!  Can't believe nobody's yet made a TMT barber pole, though.  Hopefully one will come out before the end of this project, so you can stick it in there.  Or maybe use one of the spiral candy things in the interim.

-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2019, 07:37 AM »
Thanks guys! Let's head back to the carnival area;

A beautiful dining experience awaits at the  Country Fair Cookout;

Don't feel like waiting for Professor Marvel to read your fortune? Let Zoltan!

The crane game is quite popular also;

89James89 made a wonderful cover for the Monte Leone that fits in beautifully here;

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2019, 09:13 AM »
That better view of the Monte Leone really makes me appreciate that skin more.  It not being level, nor even on the same plane, really jacked up the level of difficulty in making it.  Kudos to 89James89.

I also see a neat trick I'll have to steal.  That shop roof in the right background of the crane game pic.  At first, I thought that was all built up, but now I think it's one of the square Vintage Pack spires rotated multiple times.  Brilliant idea :).

The restaurant looks pretty classy.  They probably wouldn't let me in :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2019, 10:40 AM »
The restaurant looks pretty classy.  They probably wouldn't let me in :)

You could always sit the porch while you wait for the rest of us!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2019, 02:47 PM »
I'm not sure what theme that ride cover is, but you're right, it fits right in with the Oz universe. I like the crane game ("The Claw!") and Zoltan the fortune teller. Don't give him any compliments though, looks like his head is already too big. :P