Legoland - Washington DC

• 2 replies

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Legoland - Washington DC
« on: January 04, 2019, 06:42 PM »
Washington DC

The U.S State capitol of Washtington DC is is methodically created with Lego blocks in Miniland USA.

Downtown Washington DC.

One of the many statues and monuments found throughout the city. I haven't figured out which one this is though. (Thanks to JB, this is the General William Tecumseh Sherman Memorial Statue.)

The Marine Corps War Memorial.

The Jefferson Memorial.

The Lincoln Memorial is built out of nearly 70,000 Lego bricks.

The White House, where every president has lived since 1800 got its name after being painted white following fire damage by the British in 1814. There seems to be a big to do on the White House lawn.

The Presidential Motorcade.

The tallest structure in the Washington DC replica is the Washington Monument, which raises 555 feet in real life.

380,792 Lego bricks make up the nation's Capital building.

Arlington Memorial Bridge. (I know one of the devoted Turnstile Tribune viewers will be overjoyed to see the giant waterfowl resting in the background.)

The Smithsonian Institute is one of the more impressive structures.

The neighboring Georgetown is also depicted in this exhibit.

Georgetown Lock and Canal.

Georgetown University.

Rowers glide along the Potamic River. (Another oversized avian sneaks its way into the photo :P)

« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 10:08 PM by shyguy »

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Legoland - Washington DC
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 09:46 PM »
Yay for giant waterfowl! Yay for giant crows! (Not sure about the scale, but I think it's a crow, not a blackbird.)... I'm still holding out for giant squirrels. :mad:up:

That unknown equestrian statue is of General William Tecumseh Sherman (I googled it).

Hmm, the guy behind the podium in front of the White House looks suspiciously like the Current Occupant (the fakey orange hair is a dead giveaway).

The marching band in front of the Capital building looks like they actually march around on those oval-shaped grooves/tracks.

The Smithsonian is my favorite structure here; lots of architectural variety, lots of color.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Legoland - Washington DC
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 10:06 PM »
Yay for giant waterfowl! Yay for giant crows! (Not sure about the scale, but I think it's a crow, not a blackbird.)... I'm still holding out for giant squirrels. :mad:up:
This is it for Miniland, so don't expect any giant squirrels any time soon. ;)

That unknown equestrian statue is of General William Tecumseh Sherman (I googled it).
Thanks much for the info. My Googling efforts came up empty.

Hmm, the guy behind the podium in front of the White House looks suspiciously like the Current Occupant (the fakey orange hair is a dead giveaway).
I didn't think it was poofy enough.

The marching band in front of the Capital building looks like they actually march around on those oval-shaped grooves/tracks.
Well, they're supposed to, although I haven't seen them move in quite some time now.

The Smithsonian is my favorite structure here; lots of architectural variety, lots of color.
My favorite too.