Spectre: The Phantom Factory

• 18 replies

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
Spectre: The Phantom Factory
« on: January 05, 2019, 10:07 AM »
20 years ago reported paranormal activity forced the closure of the Adams Automobile Factory. Now, the Spectre Paranormal Research Team have begun to investigate the abandoned site.

Phantom Factory 2019
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 02:07 PM by Hethetheth »

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: Phantom Factory
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 12:33 PM »
OOoooOOOooooooo...   :o

that sounds cool!

Offline The Grey

• Professional Roller Coasterer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 08:41 AM »
Bah! It's just some kids playin down at the factory, with some kind of drone and lights! That and I'm sure their videos are edited with ghosts! I'll believe it when I see it for myself! :yes:
If it doesn't include either Roller coasters, Music or Hockey... count me out....

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 11:41 AM »

A little effects test of the 'Spectre' in action.

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 12:30 PM »
The factory has a troubled history, and using the latest in electro-magnetic technology we aim to try and make contact with the 'other side'.

Offline BBordewyk

• Just another armchair imagineer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 02:17 PM »
Very atmospheric!  8|

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 09:03 PM »
The factory has a troubled history, and using the latest in electro-magnetic technology we aim to try and make contact with the 'other side'.

Somehow the idea of driving a car to the "other side" reminds me of my 2nd favorite movie of all time (after the Holy Grail), the 1984 The Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai:  Across the 8th Dimension.  In case you're not one of the 24 people who ever saw that movie, nor amongst the 7 who still remember it, it revolved around cars driving through solid matter by means of an "oscillation overthruster" taking them through the 8th dimension.  Problem was, the 8th dimension was being used as a prison for the most extreme criminals from a highly advanced alien planet, and some of these criminals hitched a ride back into our universe and set about doing bad things on Earth.  Then in 1985, Back to the Future stole the whole concept and somehow went on to several sequels and even a PC DLC.  Where's the justice in that?!?!?!?   :n00b:
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline The Grey

• Professional Roller Coasterer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 09:03 AM »
Quote from: Bullethead
Somehow the idea of driving a car to the "other side" reminds me of my 2nd favorite movie of all time (after the Holy Grail), the 1984 The Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai:  Across the 8th Dimension.  In case you're not one of the 24 people who ever saw that movie, nor amongst the 7 who still remember it, it revolved around cars driving through solid matter by means of an "oscillation overthruster" taking them through the 8th dimension.

Ar... are you sure you're not talking about Harry Potter???

Quote from: Bullethead
Problem was, the 8th dimension was being used as a prison for the most extreme criminals from a highly advanced alien planet, and some of these criminals hitched a ride back into our universe and set about doing bad things on Earth.  Then in 1985, Back to the Future stole the whole concept and somehow went on to several sequels and even a PC DLC.  Where's the justice in that?!?!?!?   :n00b:

So Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, gotchya...  :whistling:
If it doesn't include either Roller coasters, Music or Hockey... count me out....

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2019, 08:51 AM »
Hidden in the wall of the Factory lies a dark secret. Behind deep walls, a dark chamber contains something truly macabre...

...Perhaps this may contain an answer to the whereabouts of the Factory's long lost owner?

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2019, 12:18 PM »
Oh great, the undead :).

But if he's still kicking, why isn't he still in the board room?  Was he buried down here by his heirs so it could finally be their turn? :D
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2019, 02:08 PM »
Teaser video for Spectre: The Phantom Factory

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Spectre: The Phantom Factory
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2019, 02:54 PM »
That's a tease alright ;)  Looks great!
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2019, 02:27 PM »
Obviously there's inspiration from Derren Brown's Ghost Train, but I'm hoping Spectre: The Phantom Factory might turn out slightly better ;)

Offline BBordewyk

• Just another armchair imagineer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2019, 04:35 PM »
I like! Yeah that ride didn't go well, but I did like that scene from the concept art!

Online cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2019, 08:03 AM »
This looks epic! Amazing attention to detail and incredible storyline as always! Good work!

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2019, 01:54 PM »
Do you know what is missing from most ghost trains? Giant robots piloted by the undead, of course.

Being undead gives you a lot of time on your hands. I feel it is natural that the Spectre would begin to engage in robotic engineering and mad science.

So work has continued hard on Phantom Factory, and I'm stoked to be able to finish the last few scenes in the new few weeks / months.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2019, 02:12 PM »
Quote: "Do you know what is missing from most ghost trains? Giant robots piloted by the undead, of course."

Ha. Of course! Clearly an overlooked/underused meme. I can't imagine why we haven't seen more zombie-infested giant robots attacking trains. (you need to hashtag it) :P

Crazy image, crazy concept. I love it. :)

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2019, 05:53 PM »
Do you know what is missing from most ghost trains? Giant robots piloted by the undead, of course.

Damn!  I never would have thought of that.  Thanks solving this long-standing mystery.  Your paranormal research,  ça c'est sans pareil, ça! :D

Anyway, the scenes look quite disturbing.  I eagerly await more :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2019, 06:53 AM »
This looks so amazing.  I love your imagination!!