The Weekly Ambassador 1/13/19

• 8 replies

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
The Weekly Ambassador 1/13/19
« on: January 13, 2019, 12:59 PM »
My apologies for the delay, but this edition will be a little different. As we progress the editions will evolve so here is the first "different" version. Please let me know what you think. I was tempted to make it even longer, but this is only the second edition.

Offline Fonki

• Fonki Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Weekly Ambassador 1/13/19
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 05:43 AM »
nice work on the weekly ambassador :up: its like reading a newspaper

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 11:49 AM »
This is looking really nice. I have just a few suggestions.
Make the photos a little larger so we can see the details more clearly.
Maybe adding links to the topics that are being showcased.
Make the font larger so old-timers like myself can read them more easily. ;)
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 04:30 PM »
Ha. I was going to mention something about the font size, but I thought it was just me. I could read it (the text under "How things will change"), but it was a strain. I honestly don't remember anything about The Weekly Ambassador in it's original form. I had a dial-up connection back then so it took a long time to look at anything. I had to choose which things to look at, and I guess this wasn't one of 'em. :-\  That's why I haven't commented in this thread; I can't compare this new version to the old version. I don't really know what to expect. But rest assured, I will be reading the new version. (Yay high-speed cable connection!) :)

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 04:50 PM »
Perfect feedback from both of you. I will definitely be experimenting with some different strategies for the next couple of editions. Again thank you for the feedback and I will see what all I can do. I think for the showcased topics, I could do a half-page/full-page entry for different projects to ensure more analysis on what is going on with those projects. If anything else feel free to message me using any of the communication methods.  :D

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 07:50 PM »
Trust me you guys all motivate me to go all out with these "articles". I have been approached about moving these to a sub-board and I just want to start the "fire" first before exploding into something even bigger. I have to see what works and what does not. I looked at the responses from the #1 and I was about to make a poll, but most of the entries were suggested. I think I am going to experiment a little bit with this, but will definitely be looking at feedback real closely because that is what will be the key to the success of these posts.

If anyone wants to help let me know, I am open to having members do some pieces or some "project wandering." If you are interested just message me on any of our communication methods (Discord, SGW personal message, etc.). This is SGW news not one member ranting. The goal is to showcase more works and have some fun with this to keep things going for a long time!

I know double post...I'm a rebel

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 06:37 AM »
How about a 'meet the community member' where members can submit little bios about themselves to you and you can write them up and feature some work. Kind of like what Frontier was doing for the experts, but this would cover more of us normal folks that participate in these forums? Like maybe 1 per month or so?

Offline The Grey

• Professional Roller Coasterer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 07:19 AM »
I remember quite a lot from the formats and input from the original WA as I served as a writer in 2014 for quite some time. I have sent you a personal message Cody
If it doesn't include either Roller coasters, Music or Hockey... count me out....

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 11:30 AM »
More great ideas! I want to see you both in these frequently so lets get to work!