[WIP] Frontier Farms

• 4 replies

Offline The Grey

• Professional Roller Coasterer
    • View Profile
[WIP] Frontier Farms
« on: January 13, 2019, 09:35 PM »
I started a park in RCT3 just a little while back when there was a competition here on Shyguy's where I ended up naming my entry Frontier Farms due to my computers lack to read any custom made signs and used the base of the in game signage lol. Everyone loved Barnstormer and Venom and since I've made the switch to PC from RCT3 I thought what better way to expand on my ideas, this time with a proper pc and a more versatile game. I will be discontinuing Timber Wolf's thread and bringing that ride into this park as well, as I did not know what I was doing for most of the build, and just yesterday hit some kind of learning kick and exploded with new ideas from tinkering on and on, and I am not going back through and deleting this this this that and this, just to start over fresh!

Right, so, onto what I have thus far, well, it isn't much, but we all have to start from somewhere I suppose. This park is based on Cedar Fair style parks and will have mostly generic styling throughout.

Venom. Classic Arrow Looper with a chip on its shoulder. This ride will bring back that old school feel with a slight touch of new school deals.

And YES I will be doing the custom lift supports for Venom. [ :sweat: ]

The coasters planned out thus far are:

Venom - Arrow Looper
Barn Stormer - B&M Stand-up [look up in RCT 3 frontier farms if you want a look at what was done]
Timber Wolf - B&M Floorless
Thrasher - Philadelphia Toboggan Coasters

Let's get this show on the road, within the next few days I will have Barn Storm added in and train housing placed. I will not finish one ride to the next, rather place most rides now and create the park around them for the best path interaction.

Thanks for tuning in! Hoping for a great turn out!
If it doesn't include either Roller coasters, Music or Hockey... count me out....

Offline Salad Fries

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Frontier Farms
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 05:41 AM »
Very nice! Excited to see it with the custom supports.

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 09:20 AM »
Good luck with the new park!  It's a good omen that you're starting with an Arrow :).  I really like that transfer track and can't wait to see the custom supports.  Will they be the later style, more like the generic stock supports, or the old tangle of girders?
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline The Grey

• Professional Roller Coasterer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 10:57 AM »
Very nice! Excited to see it with the custom supports.

Me too! Been downloading a lot of pics and watching a lot of vids to decide how to go about construction

Good luck with the new park!  It's a good omen that you're starting with an Arrow :).  I really like that transfer track and can't wait to see the custom supports.  Will they be the later style, more like the generic stock supports, or the old tangle of girders?

Thanks! And like I said above, I'm still going through pics and vids. Right now I am leaning towards Viper's supports, however that was a mega looper, whereas this has more of The Ninja's footprint.

Decisions.... decisions....  :confused:

I Guess I could go with Vipers since the park is based on mid to late 90's, and the presence of Barnstormer being similar to The Georgia Scorcher seems to be the way to go. That way with the woodie being based off of Screaming Eagle, everything from that point on can be more and more modern and I can explore with basically rebranding and expanding the park as in real life.
If it doesn't include either Roller coasters, Music or Hockey... count me out....

Online shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Today at 03:59 PM »
Glad to see you taking the plunge into Planet Coaster. Looks like a great start so far.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot