Pharqueson Farms Episode 4: Down on Mainstreet

• 68 replies

Offline HardPunkKore

• Suspect5.bandcamp.com
    • View Profile
Re: Pharqueson Farms Episode 4: Down on Mainstreet
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2019, 06:47 AM »
Love the look of this park so far. Very photogenic! Great back story! Can't wait for more.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2019, 02:20 PM »
I love how your parks always have such rich histories and storylines. Nearly every single ride and building has a story. (And usually quite humorous). Nearly every single element placed in the park, from rides, shops, and eateries, down to each tree or shrub, has a reason for being there. (Or so you'd have us believe.) Your threads are always entertaining, as well as your comments on other's threads. Your contributions to the forum are truly a boon to SGW.

Btw, no fair confusing me by posting the first shot from another game.  :P
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2019, 06:11 PM »
Love the look of this park so far. Very photogenic! Great back story! Can't wait for more.

Thank you very much!  Glad you like.

But looks, I don't tell "stories" here.  That is, there is no evolving historical narrative, there are no protagonists, and there is definitely no plot.  All I do is make excuses for how crappy my stuff is whle cleverly shifting the blame to my imaginary minions who are left unsupervised during my binges  :euro:

I love how your parks always have such rich histories and storylines. Nearly every single ride and building has a story. (And usually quite humorous). Nearly every single element placed in the park, from rides, shops, and eateries, down to each tree or shrub, has a reason for being there. (Or so you'd have us believe.) Your threads are always entertaining, as well as your comments on other's threads. Your contributions to the forum are truly a boon to SGW.

Honestly, I don't know what to say to this, Sir.  I am deeply humbled and also very glad you don't think I'm a waste of space in your forums.  Thanks for letting me pitch my tent in SGW and I hope to keep up with the rent ;).

Btw, no fair confusing me by posting the first shot from another game.  :P

Hehehe, if you have any latent redneck or gearhead genes at all, you should definitely check out MSC.  This game is so much what my own life at that age was, even 15 years earlier and in the States instead of Finland.  You might even be a source of PC inspiration.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2019, 03:35 PM »
I know I haven't been around much lately, but HOW THE FRIG HAVE I MISSED THIS!!!!?

Of course, while reading all the excellent backstory, some chortling may have occurred, but again, let's not let the humour take away from another excellent park by BHI. There's some great design and fabulous structures  here. The churn is inspired and it complements the other (contrasting) buildings. They all sit so well together.
And all the backstage and infrastructure stuff is super-duper too. I will raise a glass (or 5) to this great park next time I don't have to be up for work in the morning and we are both up late  talking bollocks on Steam ;)

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2019, 05:35 AM »
I know I haven't been around much lately, but HOW THE FRIG HAVE I MISSED THIS!!!!?

Probably because my attempt to be rather low-profile has succeeded ;).

Thanks for all the compliments and yes, we definitely need to have another drunken evening ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2019, 11:53 PM »
Such a great park!!! And I love the story (as always)... And the Gas station is such a brilliant build!!! :o
But what almost most catched my eyes is that genuine green lantern (street lamp)!!! :love: (I so much like all kinds of street lamps...)
And the Anaconda is pure perfection!!!
Can't wait to see more!!!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 11:57 PM by corkscrewloop »
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2019, 05:08 AM »
That thing where you see a thread is getting new comments so you anxiously click because you assume a new update was posted...   :'(

[sigh.]  I'll go back to my corner and wait patiently.   :P

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2019, 07:54 AM »
Such a great park!!! And I love the story (as always)... And the Gas station is such a brilliant build!!! :o
But what almost most catched my eyes is that genuine green lantern (street lamp)!!! :love: (I so much like all kinds of street lamps...)
And the Anaconda is pure perfection!!!
Can't wait to see more!!!

Thanks :).  The streetlights are from Bbordewyk's various huge sets.  Highly recommended.  The Anaconda is one of my own life-size coaster replicas.  Pretty soon, there will be bleachers made of your wonderful beams ;).

That thing where you see a thread is getting new comments so you anxiously click because you assume a new update was posted...   :'(

Hehehe, thanks for your interest.  To save you further disappointment, you'll notice the thread title change to "Episode 5" when I publish an update :)

Here's why this is taking a while...   My intent was simply to build the next area, which is directly behind the mainstreet thing and beside the warehouses.  This in itself is fairly straightforward.  The problem came when I decided to put a chairlift in this area to go the area in the back left corner.  Due to space constraint in that area, this required first building the main coasters in that area and running the access roads so I knew where I could put the other chairlift station.  This area also has a train that goes to the area in the area in the front left corner (across the highway from the electrical substation) where the space is even more limited.  And of course the train had to negotiate the coasters in the area where it started.

So long story short, I've pretty much had to lay out all the rest of the park just to be able to build the one area I actually wanted to build :).  And doing that has kept me so far from doing much on this next area itself ;).
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2019, 08:05 AM »
Haha, I know exactly what you're talking about, where you want to build a thing but can't build it until you build other things.  But happy to hear you're still problem-solving your way through this, which means more story is imminent.  :P