The Weekly Ambassador 1/27/19

• 6 replies

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
The Weekly Ambassador 1/27/19
« on: January 27, 2019, 07:46 PM »
Hey everyone! This edition is using Imgur, tinypic is not being so kind. I am going to try to get more content in these posts. Feedback is always appreciated and messages are always welcome, especially if you want your words/works/etc published.

The following links are to projects discussed:

The Wonderful World Of Oz by Citytrader https://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,21166.0.html

Netflix Studios by Redhair
https://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,20920.0.html

Re: The Weekly Ambassador 1/27/19
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 06:00 AM »
Nice edition. its clear you put some time into this for all of us. THX

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 06:04 AM »
Funny story on the Maleficent news. My brother works in MK and is a big part of crowd control for the parades each day. I saw this news story and texted him. "hey, lets hope she doesn't burn again today". His response was "What, who?". I say "Maleficent"...he says "What are you talking about". I guess he missed the memo or they never informed the staff management that it was happening. Not a big deal except you would think they should know something like this was going to change. He did say they had been testing it at night, but he had no idea they were actually putting it back in the parade so soon.

Offline Redhair

• Can't... Stop... Playing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 06:51 AM »
What a nice Weekly Ambassador, and thank you very much for the 'spotlight'  :blush:
The heavily inspiration is indeed correct (as I intend my Netflix park to be a copycat of Universal).

To answer your question, Planet Coaster should (imo) support walk-through attractions. Miniature Golf, Mazes, be able to create haunted houses. A 1x1 path would be necessary for this :)

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 07:33 AM »
Funny story on the Maleficent news. My brother works in MK and is a big part of crowd control for the parades each day. I saw this news story and texted him. "hey, lets hope she doesn't burn again today". His response was "What, who?". I say "Maleficent"...he says "What are you talking about". I guess he missed the memo or they never informed the staff management that it was happening. Not a big deal except you would think they should know something like this was going to change. He did say they had been testing it at night, but he had no idea they were actually putting it back in the parade so soon.

I am still shocked that I was at WDW when it happened. Your story is funny and I knew it seemed rather urgent, so they must have been doing quite a bit of checks and tests quickly.

What a nice Weekly Ambassador, and thank you very much for the 'spotlight'  :blush:
The heavily inspiration is indeed correct (as I intend my Netflix park to be a copycat of Universal).

To answer your question, Planet Coaster should (imo) support walk-through attractions. Miniature Golf, Mazes, be able to create haunted houses. A 1x1 path would be necessary for this :)
I have always liked your project and I saw the mini-golf course and really thought that would be interesting in Planet Coaster. There is nothing wrong with having a “copycat” sometimes the best ideas come from real world inspirations. My World Of Discovery project is nicknamed “identity crisis park” because like you I am heavily inspired by a real world park.

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 08:47 AM »
Nice job on this! I think this is a really good idea to showcase projects being worked on and I like the addition of real world theme park news. Something I would love to be added to Planet Coaster would be accurate wait time signs that sync up with the in game estimated wait time.

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 11:21 AM »
Nice job on this! I think this is a really good idea to showcase projects being worked on and I like the addition of real world theme park news. Something I would love to be added to Planet Coaster would be accurate wait time signs that sync up with the in game estimated wait time.
YES! That is a wonderful one! I always multiply my RCT3 wait times by 10 for a “realism factor.”