Silverwood Park (Not a Recreation)

• 33 replies

Offline SHADOW

• I have gone by many names.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Silverwood Park (Not a Recreation)
« on: February 04, 2019, 03:59 PM »
Hello Everyone.. thought I would post some photos taken from my newest park I just started on for the year.. Silverwood. Yes I know theres a Silverwood park already. But I still like the name as its modeled after Silver Dollar City. and Dollywood.. with a Rustic mountain theme.  So far I've only been working around the entrance area but I got lots of ideas to put into it so this is just a start. those who enjoyed my Crystal Gardens park (available on my workshop now, but you gotta be on my steam friends list to see my workshop stuff) I think will enjoy this one even more.

Lets start with the ticket booth area.. the first thing you get to out of the parking lot

Moving on forward you will go under the highway through a tunnel

And then into another little plaza area with the entrance to the park

You can also get a nice view of the parks river rapids before entering the park going under the bridge

Upon entering the park you are greeted by a nice little rustic Gazebo that I feel really sets off the theme. and surrounded by other shops and buildings that capture the spirit of its theme.

THis building will serve as the guest services building and themed to an old bank. with guest lockers and other services. (I don't care for the color so it will get a paint job later_

Here's the Chair lift station right up front set into a barn. Visitors can take the chairlift up to the top of the mountain where even more thrills await them

More Entry plaza shops..

Here's our large indoor theater. For shows and whatnot. Air conditioned of course. (Still working on a name)

One of the parks Railway stations

So far the biggest attraction built for guests is our River rapids..

The stations still a bit of work in progress

But I might be going overboard with realistic details

That's it for now as far as pictures. to see some small tours and video here's the first two episodes of the youtube series

Watch me Live on Twitch.tv or check out my videos on YouTube!  - Also can follow me on Twiter

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Silverwood Park (Not a Recreation)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 07:29 PM »
Those are some nice buildings, some of them a bit technical.  But what I really like is the water mill, not just the nicely done mill race but also how you incorporated the raft ride into the spillway for the dam.  Cool idea I might have to steal someday.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 01:52 AM »
Yay, a new rustic mountain park! I love these (in real life and on SGW), especially if one can feel the fresh air and the special atmosphere already just by watching the pics. You made a good job there!
Can't wait for more. :)

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 03:10 AM »
Oh, Shadow, this is wonderful! I love the architecture.  Your roofs are really, really nice.

Offline Forgath

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 05:32 AM »
Wonderful atmosphere Shadow! My compliments for sharing these pictures and park with us :)

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 06:07 AM »
love this park. clean lines and a very structured manicured look.

Offline SHADOW

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 10:24 AM »
Thanks for the awesome comments so far guys. I really appreciate it.  More to come soon. Going to build on my twitch channel later this afternoon. Also Fisherman.. if you are interested in maybe taking the park for a bit later on when I start getting it built up a bit. I'd welcome that.
Watch me Live on Twitch.tv or check out my videos on YouTube!  - Also can follow me on Twiter

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 01:08 PM »
This is stunning! Loving the rustic archi and the ambiance. Also....how in the world did you do that trick with the river ride rafts? That's a great innovation.
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

Offline SHADOW

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 02:16 PM »
Thank you Lux. In order to do it you must first have a piece of river rapids ride track that was bent downwards before Frontier removed the option (Freedom of creativity.. right?) Then put the station underground.  I learned the trick from Rubletrillions on his recent Brocoaster episode. Luckily.. I already had track like that for waterfall creation.

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 03:22 PM »
great look so far. love the raft ride layout

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2019, 03:52 PM »
I'd be honored to add some Fisherman flair in the park someplace!  OH and I also have a bend in my flume track from when we could bend it.  I have a double dip drop that would no longer be possible now.  Glad I saved it!

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2019, 02:37 PM »
Very beautiful! I like how the river rapids appears to be an actual river. This effect is really emphasized by the bridge which looks awesome! Well done!

Offline hhnman234

• RCT3 Forever and Always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2019, 08:37 AM »
This is beautiful. Very nice work! I am excited to see more!

Offline SHADOW

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2019, 05:11 PM »
Ok everyone.. got some awesome new photos to share with you.. a few changes. and some new stuff.

Back at the entrance with a couple of new angles

Finally decided on a color for the Guest Services building..

My plan is to add little details everywhere I can.. like this. Just to give the park a bit of flair and atmosphere.

one new building added to the entrance plaza...

Heading to the right side of the park.. a better look at the Ice Cream parlor and Sugary sweet shop.

Didn't show this building in the first update. Must have missed it.. Going to be a small dine in restaurant.

As we head towards the parks first coaster.. heres a glimpse of a whole new section of the park coming..

Taking the path around... looks like construction fences on the other side here..

And here she is.. The first coaster to be added to the park.. Mustang. A Mack Multi Launch family thrill coaster.

yes I built the whole barn piece by piece...

After the first launch.. it makes a small helix dive down the hillside towards the river. Here the parks Paddle Steamer Showboat happens to be passing by.

A good overview

And before we go... another glance at the next update.

ALso.. if you haven't subscribed to my youtube channel yet.. heres the next two videos from the park including a POV of Mustang.

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2019, 05:42 PM »
Just wow. This park is one of the reasons why SGW rocks. I love how you pay attention to the details, it all feels so real as if the park was actually existing. I especially love your buildings and planters.
I'm a fan!

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2019, 05:10 PM »
wow Shadow, some of the buildings in this park...  on top of everything else i think i just saw some custom fish-scale siding   :w00t:

Online shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2019, 08:57 PM »
Mustang looks like a great coaster. But I must say the overall look of this park, the landscaping, attention to detail, and most of all, the beautiful architecture, make this some of your best work yet. Really, really outstanding job!
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline SHADOW

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2019, 05:56 PM »
Thanks. and to think I'm actually just getting started on the park this is just the entrance area and a little bit of another. There's still so much more to come. Also @Fisherman Yes.. of course I would love for you to create a little something in the park. I''ve got JLWgames  taking a crack at something first. But I've not even gotten to the point where he takes the park yet. Once I get to the point its ready. I'll get in touch with you.

To everyone else I really appreciate the comments. I'll have more to show next week.

Offline SHADOW

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2019, 10:33 AM »
Tomorrow.... Next Episode!

Offline SHADOW

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2019, 06:58 PM »
Welcome back to Silverwood everyone... more updates of construction.

First up!.. A couple of slight changes to the skyline. I'll let you see if you can spot them.

Moving on from there.. let's go check out the new area for the Park. The County Fair.

I'm still loving this Carousel Cover.

Entering into the area you get a nice overview of a few rides.

On the right as you enter.. Blue Ribbon Midway,

Followed by the parks Kiddie/Family coaster Barnstormer

Making our way around.. there's Granny's Tea Cup Twirl

In the very back of the area is it's biggest attraction. A dueling Log Flume, Timber Racers

Right in front of Timber Racers... is our Flying Eagles flat ride, a staple of the park for many years

From the back of the area, looking to the front. We see here the Flying Swings which is the centerpiece for County Fair, as well as a QSR on the right. Looks pretty busy.. wonder what they are serving?

Finishing up the are.. another games building.. with Skeeball, a classic fortune teller Machine, Vintage Iron Claws, and a coin pusher game

And finally... here's episode 4 of the build

I worked on the park a bit more on Monday, and then handed it over to JLW games who's going to work on a little something for the park over the next few weeks.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2019, 09:14 PM »
I love the idea of the dueling log flumes. I don't think I would've ever thought of that. The entrance gate to the chair swing looks great as well. In fact, this whole area looks great. :up:

Offline Forgath

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2019, 06:12 AM »
Wonderful progress on the park Shadow! I hope you dont mind im grasping some inspiration from your park for my own. :)

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2019, 07:12 AM »
Love it, especially the little farm looking area. I have always had my list to do a farm themed area of some sort.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2019, 07:27 AM »
I'm loving all the details you've added.  I see lots of new foliage.  Really looking like a real park.   :yes:

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2019, 01:47 PM »
My God! This is stellar.
The architecture, foliage, landscaping are amazing. I love the colours you've used too.
But it's the attention to detail that really knocks my sock off. There's so much to see.
You've captured the theme park vibe perfectly.
And talking of small things, it's the things that many overlook like the path details that set this park apart. I think that the way you've used the planters is the best I've seen in Planco.

Keep up the good work.

Offline SHADOW

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2019, 07:08 PM »
Thank you everyone for the kind words really makes me enjoy the work I put into my parks even more knowing its appreciated, even if only by a few. 

Also I know there are some spots in the photos that can still use more work. Keep in mind I'm still building none of this is finished product. Theres always more to add as I go. More foliage, more curbing.. more little things like that.

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2019, 02:47 PM »
I so much like your building style! Its classic, very beautiful and so full of life! The architecture of the buildings is very much outstanding! Mustang is an awesome coaster, I liked the video very much! Hope to see more soon! :)
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline SHADOW

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2019, 10:03 PM »
Alright Everyone! Welcome Back! I just got the park back from JLWGames the other evening and we sat down and recorded the newest episode. Since I know you guys love photos. Here's a look at what he was able to do with the few weeks he had with the park.

And the POV of the Ride... on His Channel

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2019, 02:22 PM »
This turned out sooooooo good, guys. Really nicely done.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2019, 02:59 PM »
Love the falling-apart, rustic look of Dyna-Mine. And I like where the track makes that half-loop/twist thingy and doubles back under itself.