• 8 replies

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
The SGW interview thread
« on: February 05, 2019, 02:24 PM »
Let's interview each other!

The rules for this thread are simple:

- reply to the questions in the most recent post (make use of quotes).
- In the same post, "interview" the (unknown) person who replies next, by asking 3 questions.
- And so on.

The topic is about our creativity and creations, in and around RCT, PC and other park games.
A previously asked question can be asked again, but try to contribute to some variety.
Oh, and don't answer your own questions, someone else must post in between.

I think we should try this?  :) I'll begin then:

What project(s) are you currently working on?

How long do you usually work on a project before it hits SGW?

What is your favourite theme (Main Street, Egypt, Space, Medieval...) to build within your parks or rides?

Re: The SGW interview thread
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 02:36 PM »

What is your favourite theme (Main Street, Egypt, Space, Medieval...) to build within your parks or rides?
Main project is Renee Feu Adventure park. This one should take a really long time to complete, but I'm really liking the direction it is going right now. I also have a project I started for a friend called Enchanted Lake, but I haven't touched that one in a while. Just finished up Star Wars Land...and it was fun.

I like to share what I can as soon as I can, but I do delay the results for a little while. Two reasons.
1. in case I decide to change something right after working on it.
2. I like to be a little a head of posts so that I can keep the posts coming at a regular schedule. This is getting more difficult as my building has slowed drastically since the last update because of delays and hangups while playing.

I have no real favorite. Right now Adventure, but I have a whole list of parks I want to build one day and they all have quite different overall themes.

Here are my questions for the next player:
1. What is your favorite part/feature of PC (or whatever game you are currently playing)?
2. If you could add one feature to the game...what would it be...ONLY ONE!!!?!?!?
3. How many different sites/pages/social media links for Coaster gaming do you regularly participate in?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 02:38 PM by wowmanrct »

Offline Forgath

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 12:37 AM »
"1. What is your favorite part/feature of PC (or whatever game you are currently playing)?"

So far it's the advanced x,y,z gizmo that lets me place objects as I see fit.  It plays havoc with my ideas and what I can do

"2. If you could add one feature to the game...what would it be...ONLY ONE!!!?!?!?"

I don't really have a preference. There are so many things I have yet to use or make use of in PC. Though thinking of it: I wouldn't mind a feature that lets you add randomly created foliage. That would so increase the diversity.

3. How many different sites/pages/social media links for Coaster gaming do you regularly participate in?

Just this site. I used to be active on the rct:w forum but since that game stopped working for me I'm no longer active there. 
This community is active, let's me learn and participate.

Questions from my side:
1. Are you using the steam PC workshop?
2. Have you ever regretted throwing away an object you created / were building?
3. Do you find feedback on your ceeations important ?

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 06:15 AM »
1. Are you using the steam PC workshop?

Only for visiting other parks, or for a few basic items. I prefer to create and build all by myself.

2. Have you ever regretted throwing away an object you created / were building?

Not yet in PC as I am still new to it. In RCT, very often!

3. Do you find feedback on your ceeations important ?

Of course, I like my creations to get noticed. My dream was always to build a theme park. But since this is quite impossible in real life, feedback by fellow creators is the best reward I can get for my work. I don't really care how that feedback looks like, but prefer it if people actually show with their feedback that they took a closer look. That is the only way I can be sure that my creation has "reached" someone else. I find not getting any feedback quite frustrating, especially now that the likes have gone... and I hope we on SGW can get better with commenting and showing respect and constructive criticism to each other. :)

New questions:

1. Do you plan your park (or parts of it) before you open your game of choice?

2. How far into the future do your plans go?

3. Where do you find inspiration?

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 10:39 AM »

New questions:

1. Do you plan your park (or parts of it) before you open your game of choice?
Yes, well in advance. I have general ideas and then think about details before each play session. I have a list of like 20 parks I might one day build.

2. How far into the future do your plans go?
Like I said...I have general park ideas years in advance...mostly because it takes me so long for a single park. The details don't get done until I play as there are always new updates and stuff being built that I can use in each new section I work on.

3. Where do you find inspiration?
Everywhere. Real parks, internet searches, concept art photos I find and a lot from what other players are doing and putting on the workshop.

New questions:
1. What is the craziest coaster you have built? Was it realistic or total fantasy?
2. Do you prefer building dark rides (tracked rides) or coasters?
3. Who is your favorite PlanCo character and why?

Online cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 02:42 PM »
1. What is the craziest coaster you have built? Was it realistic or total fantasy?

Probably the early versions of Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit. The guests were launched out of the station into the vertical portion, which was back then just a massive tophat.

2. Do you prefer building dark rides (tracked rides) or coasters?

I prefer coasters because dark rides are not my expertise.

3. Who is your favorite PlanCo character and why?

Chief Beef because he has the meats!  :n00b: :n00b: :n00b:

New Questions:
1) What is the hardest thing about RCT/PC?
2) What is one attraction/experience you wish would be put in the theme park games?
3) If one of your creations could become real, which one would you choose and why?

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2019, 04:22 AM »
1) What is the hardest thing about RCT/PC?

Planning ahead. I prefer to plan on paper before building, but during the building process, I always find that I don't have enough space for what I had on my mind, or that some things turn out to require much more - or much less - space than expected.

2) What is one attraction/experience you wish would be put in the theme park games?

Great question. I have lots on my mind, but the one that sticks out is real-time speed as the slowest speed option.

3) If one of your creations could become real, which one would you choose and why?

The massive project that I am planning for the next years.
Of my existing creations, I'd pick Tauber-Park. It's not the biggest or best designed of my works, but I feel a very special love for it. Maybe I should recreate it with Planet Coaster!

New questions:

1. Which project from SGW's heyday times do you remember the most until this day?

2. Can you describe your next (not current) project that you will bring to SGW?

3. Are you drawing sketches in advance, or just do stuff in-game?

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2019, 07:21 AM »
1. Which project from SGW's heyday times do you remember the most until this day?

This is an obscure one so I'm not sure folks will remember it.  It was by JMAinAZ and it was called INERTIA.  At the time, it was the coolest thing ever.  It had phenomenal camera tricks and music and was way ahead of its time.  edit:  OMG!  He still has it on his Youtube page!

2. Can you describe your next (not current) project that you will bring to SGW?

I plan to remake my last RCT3 project I was making right before Planet Coaster came out.  It's called Rose Lake Park and drew its inspiration from Kennywood and Knoebels.

3. Are you drawing sketches in advance, or just do stuff in-game?

A little of both.  I tend to print screenshots and add stuff to them in Photoshop so I can move things around to see where things look right before I do the work in the game.  In the old RCT3 days, I would draw up elaborate plans on graph paper and work out the details down to the tile.

My questions:

1.  Who in the community, past or present, has inspired you the most?

2.  What is your biggest pet peeve while building in PC?

3.  Describe your most elaborate project idea (that you made or have in the works).
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 07:41 AM by Fisherman »

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 02:37 PM »
1.  Who in the community, past or present, has inspired you the most?

Shyguy. Especially his real-life Wonder World model. His dedication to realise a full, elaborated park, was probably the most inspiring energy I experienced in the community.

2.  What is your biggest pet peeve while building in PC?

I don't play PC for long yet, but it must be that things are sometimes way too bright/blue, especially indoor scenes and billboards. In RCT3 it's the lack of undo!

3.  Describe your most elaborate project idea (that you made or have in the works).

Not the biggest project I'm planning, but the most elaborate one at this point: I'm going for a highly themed small park in the middle of a European capital, inspired by Tivoli Copenhagen. I actually plan to start working on it tomorrow, and hope to bring it to SGW by the end of March.

New questions:

1. What step or element requires the most planning ahead, when you build a park in your preferred theme park game?

2. How many places on the internet, besides SGW, do you use to present your works, social media included?

3. Which is your most elaborate park (RCT3 or PC) on SGW so far?