(RCT3)(WIP)(Park) Vault of Fear

• 7 replies

Offline Imagine

• Career mode was so much better!
    • View Profile
(RCT3)(WIP)(Park) Vault of Fear
« on: February 11, 2019, 03:55 AM »
Hey everyone! I recently booted RCT3 back up and (because I don't have Planet Coaster, soon though hopefully) I started working on an old park concept I had a long time ago. Currently all the rides I'll mention soon have a full track, just need custom supports and theming.

Somewhere hidden away is a collection of the most terrifying stories ever told. Each more shocking and creepy than the last, they were kept secure to prevent these tales from ever seeing the light of day. Now, this facilty has been opened to the public so they too can experience these horrible tales. Welcome to:

Our first story is one that should elicit groans and sighs from those familiar with Roller Coaster Tycoon. It features an incredibly and agonizingly long roller coaster, and, like Ouroboros in an eternal quest to eat its own tail, exiting the ride puts your right into the entrance again. Now boarding and remember: The ride never ends.

The next chamber contains nothing but an unassuming black arcade game. It started appearing around 1981 and playing the game would cause hallucinations, insomnia, and amnesia and then about a month later every single cabinet disappeared without a trace.

Have you ever stared at yourself in the mirror for an uncomfortably long amount of time? Have you ever noticed something off about the person staring back at you? Or seen something evil in the eyes of your reflection? Wait, did they just wink at you?

July 18 2016
New Orleans, Louisiana
Three teenagers entered St. Louis Cemetery 1 last night around 8:17pm. Sources say their purpose was to visit the tomb of Marie Laveau. Cemetery rules state visitors must be accompanied by a tour guide or have family buried on property and that vandalizing the tomb warrants a heavy fine. The teenagers snuck in well after closing and it's reported they were there all night. However, all three perpetrators failed to return home the next morning. Strangely a three-tier tomb has also suddenly appeeared in the cemetary without the knowledge of the archdiocese.

Mission briefing: Omega Sector 2236
RCT K6827-2066 black hole as subject for attempted wormhole travel
Ericksson volunteered as captain of ship Odysseus 22.
Reporting to base on November 27 2236 for takeoff, EAD 2 years, 10 months, 6 days EED 74 years 4 months 22 days

Sometimes, late at night,
you can hear the whistle wail
with a spooky, screechy sound
like a wheel gone off the rail;

and up in the smoky clouds,
you can almost recognize
the ghost of a crazy engineer
with fiery cinder eyes.

-
The park concept and theming should be somewhat recognizable. Here have a teaser. I'm probably gonna highten the ceiling for at least the entrance area.

Offline hhnman234

• RCT3 Forever and Always.
    • View Profile
Re: (RCT3)(WIP)(Park) Vault of Fear
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 07:17 AM »
Awesome concept. Can't wait to see more!

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 02:30 PM »
I agree with hhnman234, this will be interesting. I am excited for more about the storyline!

Offline Imagine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 05:41 AM »
A few things got done today so far! I placed a few flat rides to even out how coaster-centric this park is. Eventually I'm gonna do some dark rides/hybrid dark rides too once I can figure out a good story for them.

I spent a whole lot of time supporting Mr. Bones' Wild Ride and the giant bowl of metal spaghetti it is. Supporting doesn't feel as awful as it used to but it's still time consuming and it gets hella messy with a ride like this.

A break room also started taking shape. I really don't want the whole facility to be lit blue but these lamps are the only ones I have that actually work right now. Also not a HUGE fan of the brick stalls but it's the most on-theme stall I could find.

I'd also LOVE to change out the entrances/exits on a few of these rides if there are cso ones anywhere?

Offline hhnman234

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 09:24 AM »
Very interesting concepts! I like what you are doing.

Offline Imagine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 07:03 AM »
Today's coaster of the day is Shatter! I got inspired suddenly yesterday for a really unique story for Shatter in addition to the whole mirror motif. So I'm givin you a sneak peak at what she looks like!

I'm super happy with how it's turning out! So basically it's a haunted mall story where you go into the fitting room to try on a really neat outfit and suddenly stuff starts going haywire, starting with your reflection destroying all the mirrors from the inside. The biggest feature is the huge mall building as a set and the giant "mirrors" bisecting the whole thing.

Naturally I have no idea how to support a splitting coaster since they don't actually exist, but I'mma try some intamin lookin supports maybe, or just go with my gut. I also remember there being a bunch of spotlights as cso somewhere and I can't remember where those were. Gonna have to go on a search.

Offline Imagine

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2019, 07:06 AM »
(In the background is Omega Sector. She's gonna be like a horror-themed Space Mountain of sorts, but with inversions)

Offline hhnman234

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2019, 09:03 AM »
Looking very good. Awesome work!