[WIP Park] Wyldwood

• 15 replies
[WIP Park] Wyldwood
« on: February 24, 2019, 09:14 PM »

Hello friends! It is time for me to show off the conception of Zephyrwoods sister park, Wyldwood! My creative juices will be employed in a different fashion from before. I do not believe I will be utilizing Path Covers thus the park will not have the fluid look that Zephyrwood had, this will pose an interesting challenge as the park develops. The next item is Wyldwood will not be as themed it's sister park and will retain a more classic Amusement Park aesthetic. Lastly all coasters will be 100% custom supported and is something I am really excited to integrate on all the coasters. Now for the fun bits!

The entry area is a simple one lined with seating, an Informational pavilion, a gift shop, and then followed by the entry bridges to the park. These bridges cross the parks signature Wyld River.

Next up is the Weenie of the park. An Intamin Strata Coaster named: HyperSonic. As I mentioned before this coaster is 100% custom supported and while the primary towers supports aren't perfect, it's as accurate as I could get them and I'm very happy with the results. The primary park layout will surround this massive attraction.

Last preview for this first post will be a B&M Floorless named...uhh...something eventually. xD These supports were a ton of fun to work on and I am insanely proud of the results for the Vertical Loop and Cobra Roll. I didn't think I would be able to get the Cobra Roll to look as close to a real one as I did. I am kind of really disliking the 2nd half of the ride so feel free to ignore anything beyond the Mid Course.  :whistling:

Thanks for reading! Till next time.

Quote from: Drowning|Star
The peeps look... terrifying. Like tortured souls forced to live in RCTW.

Offline Forgath

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP Park] Wyldwood
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 03:21 AM »
Wonderful intro to your park!
I never played parkitect but I really like the colourful look, it makes it bright.
Keep up the great work :)

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 04:15 PM »
Thank you so much! I will probably have another update by tonight or tomorrow with the finished layout to my Floorless B&M.

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 08:37 PM »
Tonights progress involved rebuilding the 2nd half of the Floorless Coaster, installing custom supports, and adding Catwalks/evac lights, staircases. I don't like how naked the area is...so here are some nighttime perspective shots during a storm! I've got to say, the game looks incredibly moody and atmospheric!

Offline Germs

• Respectable Punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 03:36 PM »
That's some gorgeous supporting on the strata. I can't wait to see how these rides get contextualized with more scenery.

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2019, 09:56 AM »
Thank you so much! I will be working on it more hopefully soon. Getting sidetracked by working on some scenery pieces for the game to import. Also I might be modifying the entrance which will most likely be a messy but worthwhile process. :D

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 08:53 PM »
For being a sequel/sister park Wyldwoods entry just...I dunno...it just feels lackluster compared to Zephyrwoods. Using the amazing (No seriously this is why I LOVE THIS game so much!) tools I managed to take one half of the WIP park and turn it into a blueprint and push it back. This allowed me space to...well...you'll see. :D First pic is the old entry and the rest is the new one. Also yes, it will be a testing ground for the new foliage you can see.

Old:

New:

Annnnnd just a little teaser as I get my green thumb working. (Still a WIP)

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 09:19 PM »
Good idea, adding the hub/central plaza. It looks nice and serves a purpose- it gives the guests a chance to get their bearings after crossing the bridge. The spiral of flowers looks great. With my tendency to be obsessive/compulsive about things, I'm sure I would've arranged them in concentric circles. :P

And wow! The foliage in that last shot- the many shades of greens and blues with those bursts of pink- fantastic! (Oh, and the coaster looks nice, too.) :D

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2019, 01:20 PM »
Impressive! The coasters look thrilling and realistic!

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 08:26 PM »
Thank you so much for the kind comments everyone! JB I fixed the floral spiral surrounding the Wyldwood sign. It was janky looking at the top and now looks much more circular and proportionate. Work continues on adding additional attractions and scenery. Things seem to be going well thus far and I am definitely getting into the groove of how I want to design this park. The end result ought to be interesting! It's very exciting to get that spark where you build and build and realize, "Holy crap I haven't gotten distracted or taken a break in a while".

Fixed Spiral:

New area:

Offline Germs

• Respectable Punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2019, 12:10 PM »
The new plaza looks so nice! I love the bright foliage next to the red brick.

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2019, 05:48 PM »
Very beautiful! The guests seem to be loving the landscaping and attractions.  :D

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2019, 08:01 PM »
Thank you everyone! Here is a full view of the latest coaster at Wyldwood! It's named Ol Yeller and is a family GCI.

Offline Forgath

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2019, 05:56 AM »
Wonderful wooden coaster!
I sure would like to ride that one. Even reach out to touch the trees while riding the coaster! Though i doubt my fingers / hands will enjoy that  :D

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2019, 05:23 PM »
You sure know how to make Parkitect look gorgeous.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2019, 10:22 PM »
Thank you Forgath and shyguy! Here is a mini teaser to some work I'm doing. I am so thankful for the Track Edit mod being fixed/updated! Having a blast working on B&M Airtime hills. They aren't perfect for obvious reasons but I'm pleased with the results so far.