Patrik PARK - Planet Coaster

• 28 replies

Offline PatrikV

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« on: February 25, 2019, 08:25 AM »
Hi I’m new here and I would like to present you my Park. Rct3 was one of my favorite games, I played it for years and made countless Parks and Coasters. But sometime I knew every content, built everything, the communities getting smaller and some famous sites like rct-World.com were closed. The official new Rollercoastertycoon-Game can’t convince me. But then I found some videos from Planet Coaster and was again in a fever. Planet Coaster looks great and have so many kind of creative possibilities. First I had to learn all about the new controls and first you must capture all this diversity. It would take some time before my park look like the parks from the videos. But anyway I want to present you some teaser pics from my new park.

I plan a big theme park with environment, parking lots, administration, hotels and for sure themed areas with coasters, attractions and shows. I try to built it “semi-realistic”. That means it should look like real, but creativity and fun at first. So not every building is hundred percent static correct, not every norm will be followed and there is maybe a jungle in a park that is placed in the middle of Europe.

Overview:
8 Themed Areas (planned)
„Hauptstraße“/Mainstreet (almost finished)
Land von Morgen/Land of Tommorrow (almost finished)
Land von Damals/Land of Yesterday (under construction)
Mittelamerika/Middle America (under construction)
……

3 Hotels (planned)
Hotel Kurhaus (almost finished)
Burg Hotel/ Castle Hotel (under construction)
…….

10 Coasters(planned)
7 (under construction)

Pictures:

I hope you like the pictures. It’s my first park, so please not shoot me on mars. More coming soon. Oh and I hope you understand my english.

Re: Patrik PARK - Planet Coaster
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 09:07 AM »
Looks like a great start. I like what you are doing, especially for limited time experience.

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 11:18 AM »
Incredible! This looks absolutely awesome, welcome to shyguy's World :)

Offline cap396

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 02:32 PM »
Great attention to detail!  Nice work.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 05:39 PM »
In the first screenshot, I really like the elevated railway with its rustic supports, skimming over the treetops.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 08:59 PM »
Welcome to SGW, PatrikV. :)

Your park looks beautiful! And you say this is only your first park. I'm really impressed and glad you joined the forums to share your work with us.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 11:14 AM »
Welcome to these wonderful forums.

What a fantastic start. There's loads of eye candy in these shots. Can't wait for next update :)

Offline PatrikV

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2019, 02:41 PM »
It's going on! Today i show you some pictures of the first finished area of the park. The "Hauptstraße" (in english mainstreet) is the entrance area of the park. There is a lot of shops, restaurants and service-stations, but also some attractions. Mainly some classical fair-rides like carousels. The most attention gets the big ferris wheel on the central plaza of the park. There is also the first coaster of the park, a small family coaster called "Marienkäfer-Express" (Ladybug Express). Then comes the stations of the park express, the monorail and river boats and of course the big "Hotel Kurhaus". A five stars hotel especially for families.

Pictures:

At last i have a little overview for you in form of a park map. Hope you like it.

Thank you for all your posts! ;)

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2019, 05:10 PM »
This is a really good looking park, Patrik. I especially like the partial cover on the teacups ride (Teezeit). And it's nice to see an old-time car ride as well; they're always fun to build.

Offline cap396

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2019, 08:02 PM »
Glad to see this nice park is attracting big crowds!  I like the park map a lot too.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2019, 08:23 PM »
There are some beautiful screenshots in this update. It's a lovely and truly well-designed park.

Offline PatrikV

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2019, 08:36 PM »
I'm back and it's going on again. The next area is called "Land von Damals / Land of Yesterday" and bring you in the world of medival. Also there are some vikings and maybe some other references. You get a complete description when i finished the whole area. So i let the pictures speak. Hope you like it. 

Pictures:

Thank you all for your comments, nice that you like it. I keep work on!
By the way the longboat is from Pinewood123. Looks really nice, thanks for this! You can find it in the Planet Coaster Workshop.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 08:43 PM by PatrikV »

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2019, 11:39 PM »
Wow, what a project! Love the medieval architecture! The duelling dragon coaster looks amazing! And the lovely buildings from your previous updates look great too! And its so lively! Fantastic work!
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2019, 03:18 AM »
Patrik, that's spectacular! The medieval village shot (3rd from last) made my jaw drop. Great work, keep it up! :)  :up:

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2019, 06:18 AM »
This is why I, even if I quit playing PC for a while, I should keep reading SGW.  I totally missed the 1st few episodes of this wonderful park.  But now I'm all caught up.

So Partrik, a belated welcome to both PC and SGW!  And second, WOW!  Everything is so detailed and beautiful.  I am simply blown away by Patrik Park.  I'm really looking forward to seeing more of it!
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline hhnman234

• RCT3 Forever and Always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2019, 07:47 AM »
I love it. Definitely gives off a Six Flags vibe. Very cool!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2019, 02:44 PM »
That screenshot of the huge wooden coaster (5th screenshot) is truly magnificent. It's a beautiful and very impressive new area. Just love it.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2019, 09:01 PM »
The third screenshot with the misty sunlight filtering through the foliage that is framing the picture- Love it! And I really like that Viking longhouse(?) in the second to last pic. :)

Offline Cinestri0

• Livin' Like Larry
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2019, 08:23 AM »
Wow! This park looks gorgeous! I'm loving it all, especially the theming. I don't believe you when you say that you're new to this game, because this is just stunning. Keep it up  :up:

Offline PatrikV

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2019, 02:23 PM »
Ok next little update. Before i finish the medieval area i built my park a trainstation. From near and far every guests can now use the train directly to the park. Perfect for this i have use this beatiful german trainmodels made by EUMEL. Even with my favorite loco BR103. As extra there is another pic of my big woodencoaster.

Pictures:

I love it. Definitely gives off a Six Flags vibe. Very cool!
Well i've never been in a Six Flags Park, ok Walibi World aka Six Flags Holland, but not in the American Parks. But this coaster above the parking lot yeah that's quite a little bit of Goliath or Titan.
.... I don't believe you when you say that you're new to this game, because this is just stunning...
Yeah i have played a lot Rollercoaster Tycoon, that was the perfect training for Planet Coaster ;)

Wow thank you all for all these positive comments  :up:
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 03:30 PM by PatrikV »

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2019, 02:28 PM »
very nice - those trains are awesome

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2019, 03:03 PM »
Holy crap, that whole rail yard and station are incredible!  And that big wooden coaster continues to impress ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Think Creative

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2019, 09:47 AM »
You have beautiful German trains driving past the park. It reminds me a bit of a model train table.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2019, 02:31 PM »
Great update.
I really like the duelling dragon coaster. The first shot of it is great. I also really like seeing the park from outside with the roads and railway lines. This is shaping up to be a great project.

Offline PatrikV

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2019, 02:46 PM »
Ok i already finished this area and now here is the promised description: The Land von Damals/Land of Yesterday bring you in the time of medieval. When you enter the area first you get in a big medieval siege. The castle where the battle is about is not only scenery, it's the big Burghotel/Castle Hotel. You can spend the night in one of 400 rooms direct in the castle. Of course you not renounce of all the comfort of the modern world, you visit one of the best equipped familyhotels. The hotel have a seperate parkentrance and next to the hotel is the trainstation, where you can get comfortable to the park. For sure there are also many parking lot. At the foot of the castle there is a medieval town called "Hermannsbrüg". On the market of the town you get every kind of food, also you can find the shows "Ritterspiele/Knight Games " and "Hängt ihn/Hang Him", you can look at blacksmith work and a station of Parkexpress and River Boats connect you with the other park areas. Over the river you get in the rear part of the area. Here you will be in the far north in the world of vikings and here dominate the big atractions. There was the duelcoaster "Dov Vukein" witch is about a fight of two dragons. Next there is the entrace of "Wilde Jagd/Wild Hunt". At this atraction you must escape from the wild hunt on one of the biggest wooden coaster in the world. Between the wooden coaster there is a small atraction called "Hexen" and in the farthest corner there is the dark area of the "Zwei Türme/Two Towers" - two different freefalltower with different rideprograms. So this was the textpart, now here come some pics and a parkmap of this area.

Pictures:

So hope you like it and thanks for your comments. Now its going on with the next area.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 02:50 PM by PatrikV »

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2019, 06:25 PM »
I like the siege tower near the park entrance, and the pointed spikes in front of the hotel. For a second I thought the red streak in the water was blood, then I realized it's a reflection of the banner. :whistling:  The Two Towers with the wooden coaster wrapping around it looks impressive.

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2019, 03:55 AM »
I always love the realism it adds when people add some surrounding infrastructure around the park, in this case the trains and the road network; it really puts an in-game creation into the real world.  And the architecture along the medieval street in pics 4 and 5 of this update really had me drooling.  Great work!

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Park Eureka
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2019, 05:51 AM »
Oh, how I love park maps! :)
I especially like the medieval-themed queue area. Very smart usage of scenery pieces. I can just smell the wood!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2019, 07:05 AM »
Incredibly cool park!  It all fits together so well, both the modern and the medieval.

And yeah, that siege tower is a great touch, including the tracks it made through the crops :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page