The Weekly Ambassador Off Weeks

• 2 replies

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
The Weekly Ambassador Off Weeks
« on: February 25, 2019, 04:16 PM »
Hey everyone I am sorry that I did not post a Weekly Ambassador edition. I was away from my laptop and busy busy busy. This week will also be an off week because I have a "research trip" to Walt Disney World. Expect a "jumbo" edition next week. That is about when I begin spring break which is perfect timing. Again I apologize for the inconsistency, it was just one of those weekends. For a discussion, here are some (or a lot) of questions.   :D

Weekly Question(s):
1) How do you feel about the changes being made at Walt Disney World, especially Epcot?
2) What kinds of experiences do you think Disney will be going for in the near future?
3) With the official name of the new Harry Potter attraction at Universal Studios Orlando, there is construction taking place for the rumored Jurassic Park roller coaster. What will be next? (New theme park does not count  ::))
4) In your creations, how do you know an area will be refurbished/re-themed?
5) With Epcot having multiple festivals, what would your park celebrate and in what season? What experiences will be present?
6) How much theming do you like to see used on roller coasters?
7) What is your worst theme park experience?
8) What area/attraction/etc has the worst theming?

I can go on and on, but this is the jumbo question week.  :n00b:

Re: The Weekly Ambassador Off Weeks
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 07:32 PM »
Hey everyone I am sorry that I did not post a Weekly Ambassador edition. I was away from my laptop and busy busy busy. This week will also be an off week because I have a "research trip" to Walt Disney World. Expect a "jumbo" edition next week. That is about when I begin spring break which is perfect timing. Again I apologize for the inconsistency, it was just one of those weekends. For a discussion, here are some (or a lot) of questions.   :D

Weekly Question(s):
1) How do you feel about the changes being made at Walt Disney World, especially Epcot?
2) What kinds of experiences do you think Disney will be going for in the near future?
3) With the official name of the new Harry Potter attraction at Universal Studios Orlando, there is construction taking place for the rumored
5) With Epcot having multiple festivals, what would your park celebrate and in what season? What experiences will be present?

I can go on and on, but this is the jumbo question week.  :n00b:
Actually looking forward to them. While this park had its day with the old formula, it is aged and out of date. Already like some of the changes they made. Future World needs to be warmed up and made more exciting.

Its clear that immersion is the wave of the future. Most all new changes and additions will have a more heightened reality of this going forward.

3) With the official name of the new Harry Potter attraction at Universal Studios Orlando, there is construction taking place for the rumored Jurassic Park roller coaster. What will be next? (New theme park does not count  ::))
Jurassic Park roller coaster. What will be next? (New theme park does not count  ::))
Universal has always been good and not giving us to much insight as to what it next. Hard to say, but I would guess that even more HP growth into the land to the east of the current area. Again its all old/original and I would guess doesn't get much traffic anymore because it has no branded experiences which is what most people want now-a-days. I also wonder how much longer they will be riding the pay-Disney-for Marvel-wave.

I really don't think about this much. When I'm done with an area I move on. I really don't want to be stuck in a single park for a life-time continually updating it. I like new challenges of new parks once I create an area. But, who knows that may change in the future.

Never really thought about this in my parks (except I did do some minor Christmas decor this last season. Might have to think about this more.

Short answer - a lot. Reality is thats not real, both in real life and in game, but in game money isn't an issue (in sand box), so you can do what you want.

Getting stuck on a coaster last at night, after park closing, in the cold, hanging from straps on a flight coaster (Superman at Six Flags Great America) for like 30 mins. Everything went numb.

Sticking with Disney Parks which I know best...I would have to say Tomorrowland. Its sporadic themes and tight quarters always turn me off lately. Not a cohesive look and feel anymore.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 07:46 PM by wowmanrct »

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
Re: The Weekly Ambassador Off Weeks
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 03:06 AM »
I can't answer the Disney / Orlando park questions, but let me try the others :)

I hardly do that, time and energy is mostly used on building new areas. I did rebuild a large area in Alpen-Park a few months ago, but that re-theming was planned from the start. But if there are a few dated or badly done parts close to each other on the map, and if I don't have an emotional connection to them, they have to go and make place for new.

I planned Oktoberfest for Alpen-Park, but it's probably never going to happen, as this project is put on ice. My future planco parks are supposed to have multiple festivals, but nothing speficic is known yet... only that I want to do something with long opening hours, light effects and fireworks.

This is a great question! I love mountain or mine theming for family coasters the most, because that's the safest option for theming a coaster. On larger steel coasters though, I'm ok with just the station and a few scenes on the ground being themed. Black Mamba in Phantasialand, for example, while I'd never ride it, looks like a perfectly themed roller coaster. But theming a roller coaster is easily overdone in park games, when you don't know what you're doing. If the coaster is really tall, you're better off with just the station being themed.

Not counting me feeling sick after my first ride on Eurosat in Europa-Park... my worst experience was a visit to a small park in Northern Germany, Serengetipark, in which the water in the log flume was brown, and the Rainbow was switched to turbo mode and we felt like we're about to get tossed out of it. The ride lasted a few minutes longer than expected. On top of it, many rides looked like they're in a rather sad state.

Simple: Temple of the Nighthawk in Phantasialand. It's a shame that they let this ride down for so long, while being top notch in all the other parts of the park.