Universal's Islands of Adventure: A Spider-Man Update and a question

• 8 replies
Hey everyone! It's been a while, but everything I'm seeing with Planet Coaster has been too exciting to keep me away. I'm pretty busy so in-game work is infrequent for me but I've gotten a good amount done of my first major project in a while:

ioa7" border="0
ioa8" border="0
ioa9" border="0
ioa10" border="0
ioa11" border="0
I still consider myself a relative newcomer to planet coaster, so any feedback on tips I'm missing or things I could've done easier (especially relating to paths :no:) is greatly appreciated!

« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 07:15 AM by RocknGuitar »
visit my professional website at http://www.shaynebock.com

Re: Universal's Islands of Adventure
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 04:55 PM »
looking good. There is a great Confisco Grill on the workshop. Almost perfect recreation.

Offline Darknight

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 05:24 PM »
I am very excited for this as Islands of Adventure is one of my favorite parks! Port of Entry is looking good so far and I am looking forward to seeing this park develop! Not sure if you have seen it but I am currently working on a Universal Studios Florida Recreation in Rct3. It is in the Rct3 section on SGW if you want to check it out.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 08:31 PM »
It's a great to see you back. And so far, your Isles of Adventure looks great. I've been to this park once and loved it, and you're doing an excellent job recreating it. (And this is not an easy park to recreate) Good luck with this and I really look forward to seeing this progress.

Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Redhair

• Can't... Stop... Playing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 01:17 PM »
Very good looking! Nothing more to say, just perfect!

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 07:14 AM »
Another update!

Work on Spider-Man is also coming along. I'm really happy with how it's turned out so far, but I have a question for the forum at large:

I want to make this rideable for a workshop release, but I'm having trouble with soundtrack/music syncing. I've tried onboard-audio, using external triggered speakers, and display events. What is the best way to sync audio up with a dark ride that you all have found?

In the meantime, here are some queue progress pics: (no on-ride yet, I'm waiting until the pov for that)

visit my professional website at http://www.shaynebock.com

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
My favorite Theme Park in the world! You really captures almost everything from theme to the atmosphere to re-create the UIOA.
The MARVEL SUPERHERO ISLAND area is just fantastic. How many times I tried to generate exact that look from the UIOA park into my own MARVEL projects and I always failed.
You´ve done an excellent job on that area. Great lightning and 100% recognizable in all details. Great!
I am looking forward to Toon Lagoon and The Wizarding World of HP...but in the end I am excited for all areas from the real park. If they turn out like the stuff until now it´s gonna be mind-blowing.

greetz
zeroG
FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW YOU

Offline Darknight

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
This is truly incredible! You have really captured the vibe of Marvel Super Hero Island and I love the nighttime lighting. The Spiderman Queue looks spot on and you really captured all the details. Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing more!

Offline Montu.

• View Profile
Ah, I saw your post on reddit. Absolutely love the interior of the queue. Looks just like the real thing.

Loving how super hero island is shaping up. That has always been my favorite area of a theme park ever.