Riviera Winds

• 41 replies

Offline bmdavis4

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Riviera Winds
« on: March 03, 2019, 01:49 PM »
Whats up peeps. I know a brand new park already well this will be my most realistic that I can do.  Riviera Downs was a test park for how I could design a realist park. 

Riviera Winds is the final production of this.  My most realistic park includes town and hotels and just a complete fine detail that I can do.  Enjoy the beginning of the newest park.

Gas station

Parking Entrance

Parking with Season Pass Special Parking

Dog Sitting Center

Main Entrance with Ticket Booth

Wow look at that fence so awesome
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 09:44 PM by shyguy »

Re: Riviera Winds
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 05:14 AM »
I definitely see the realism that you're going for.

One suggestion (and it's something I've been needing to do myself and never get around to) -- is to try and get your parking lines sunk as close to the ground as you can to try and minimize that 3d effect.  I know, it's a very annoying process depending on how you built your lines.  Making them a separate object group from anything else lets you use the advanced move for a bit more precision.

Offline bmdavis4

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 05:36 PM »
I definitely see the realism that you're going for.

One suggestion (and it's something I've been needing to do myself and never get around to) -- is to try and get your parking lines sunk as close to the ground as you can to try and minimize that 3d effect.  I know, it's a very annoying process depending on how you built your lines.  Making them a separate object group from anything else lets you use the advanced move for a bit more precision.

Thanks I am going to go back and redo the parking lot but thanks I didn't even think about the 3d effect

New update just a small update to the front entrance gate and the drop off area( I may redo this but what everyones thoughts, also its not fully done)
1. Should I make the bridge wider?
2.Move the drop are closer to the ticket area?

Cyclone a custom arrow from the 1980s and Kaleidoscope beginning construction

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 05:57 PM »
Digging the old school realism.........it's refreshing. Really nice start!
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

Offline bmdavis4

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 05:14 AM »
Thanks everyone
I had more time for a bigger update

The Arrow coaster has been named ARROW

Kaliedoscope getting themed

Eagle (Flying Eagles)

Ride Height Requirement Station

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 07:10 AM »
Looks like a great start to this park.

Offline bmdavis4

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 06:30 PM »
New Update

First hotel - Just a basic hotel includes a pool

Front gate - Updated some more in the background is the bus/rv parking

County Fair - 4 Rides currently (Arrow- Arrow Custom Looper, Eagle , Kaliedscope, Jump Jump, Unnamed Log Flume)

Look at that awesome loop

Offline bmdavis4

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2019, 01:44 PM »
New update

Still working on the county fair area.  Finishing up the rides I want there and will add the food and drinks buildings next.  Also added a new log flume to that area.

Small updates to the entrance

New Log Flume

New bus parking area

Dont you just love trees

Offline bmdavis4

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2019, 05:26 PM »
New update

Kids area is beginning to start work I think i want to go Nickelodeon theme we will see

Old south area has begin also

Vertex a floorless B&M

Outside of the park shopping area

What is RAGE
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/964242094207261784/17056F3037D780458673F789E0FA707CB0C32D91/

Offline bmdavis4

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2019, 03:37 PM »
New update today

Restaurant for old timer section

Watch that drop

Whats happening in here?

What is this area turning into.

Offline bmdavis4

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2019, 03:27 PM »
I guess my park isnt good as the other parks but I will keep plugging away.

I made Golf top (based off of Top Golf)

Thoughts on what I could put in this area

Venom Full Layout a Dual Launch Coaster

Overview of the whole park

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2019, 05:04 PM »
I guess my park isnt good as the other parks but I will keep plugging away.

By all means, keep plugging away as long as you're having fun.

You may not be getting a lot of comments so far, but I think that's because most of what you're showing is very unfinished. My advice would be to spend more time on each area and add all the details. You'd be surprised at how good things look once you've done that. So keep going and have fun.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2019, 08:09 PM »
Another project I've had to catch up on....

The individual bits and pieces (so of which are huge, like the parking lot) are very nicely done and show great realism.  Also, the coaster layouts and general landscaping of the areas around the rides looks great.  I think you're doing fantastic work here.

As Shyguy says, though, everything sits in an unfinished landscape.  It's like butterflies pinned to white cardboard, beautiful objects on a sterile background which robs your excellent work of life.  So I recommend, before building something else, go back and flesh out the surroundings of what you've already done.  Airbrush the ground in a mottled pattern so it's not all monochrome green.  Add some underbrush, flowers, fences, lights, bins, and benches.  Smooth off that big cliff in the background where the level of the park is below the default terrain height in that corner of the map, then put trees on the resulting slope to make it blend with the background.  That sort of thing.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline bmdavis4

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2019, 02:37 PM »
Sorry guys I don't know why I acted the way I did.  I took some more time on the park.

I had this update at the time.  I have started to add tables and chairs and lights into the main entrance area and I am going to work my way around that area.

I moved the kids area around and removed the dinosaur

Here is a nice photo-op area for Rage

Rage entrance has added the photo op area and a little sit down spot

Vertrex is starting to get filled in with theming and scenery

Tidal Wave is pretty much done in the beach themed area

« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 02:39 PM by bmdavis4 »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2019, 05:28 AM »
There you go!  Suddenly the park is coming to life.  A little landscaping goes a long way and REALLY enhances the look of the rides ;).

And I still think those triangular roof things out in front of Rage are a brilliant idea ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline bmdavis4

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2019, 03:01 PM »
Thanks Bullethead

New update of the area I am sticking with.  I feel its turning to Airplane Theme but its a kids area so not sure how I am going to figure that out.

Vertrex is on the side of the area and I started the station and scenery

Carousel

Hype Spin and Green Flyer

Catwalk for Rage mid course brake run (I was happy on how I made it)

Overall view of the area

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2019, 04:18 PM »
The look is quite nice now and there's no problem with airplanes and kids, given we have several kid-capable, airplane-themed rides (mostly flat but also a coaster)

As far as I know, however, all those coasters are flagged "no kids allowed", despite many users shoving countless real-world pics of kids riding such things in the faces of Frontier.  It's all part and parcel of the cracks in the game's facade that are clearly visible today, due to the game having had a start-and-stop, back-burner development over a very long time.  There's no need for a "no kids" flag as the fear rating alone will kill kids away if it's too high, but still this flag exists.  Instead of removing it, Frontier has recently (as of the last update) upped the max family fear factor to 5.0 (used to be 4.0), stopped putting the "no kids" flag on new coasters, but has not yet removed it from old coasters.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline bmdavis4

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2019, 01:15 PM »
Have not been on just been trying some new things.

Rage has a new giga style lift hill support.  (I am going to custom support the whole structure I think)

Canyon GCI Coaster Starting the theming for the country theme area.

Oil Drill and customer beer area
Let me know which one you like more these are just overall designs

Mamba overall layout

Overall area

Offline bmdavis4

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2019, 06:39 PM »
I present Rage a Giga Coaster ( I can say I am officially done with it)

In other news Kids Restaurant Area has started

The view the kids get to see

Started finishing up Vertrex scenery and Landscape

Lockers near Rage

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2019, 06:55 AM »
Those are some monumental coasters there :).

And naturally, I like the beer area the best :D
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline bmdavis4

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2019, 06:13 PM »
New update

Completed the look for the Kids restaurant area. ( I haven't really been good with designing buildings and such)

I started more of Canyon Theming

Overall view of the park

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2019, 07:17 PM »
I see nothing wrong with your buildings.  In fact, that home-made metal roof on the restaurant if very realistic and incorporated some ideas I'll be stealing shortly :D.  The whole park looks excellent, in fact.

I just have 1 nit to pick.  While the overall theming of the Canyon ride looks great, it's also kinda obvious you didn't rotate the desert rocks you used because they all have the same lumps in the same places.  You might want to go back and rotate each of the same types of rocks arbitrarily.  It's a pain do to, whether to begin with or later, but it really is worth the trouble.

-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2019, 06:09 AM »
I see nothing wrong with your buildings.  In fact, that home-made metal roof on the restaurant if very realistic and incorporated some ideas I'll be stealing shortly :D.  The whole park looks excellent, in fact.

I just have 1 nit to pick.  While the overall theming of the Canyon ride looks great, it's also kinda obvious you didn't rotate the desert rocks you used because they all have the same lumps in the same places.  You might want to go back and rotate each of the same types of rocks arbitrarily.  It's a pain do to, whether to begin with or later, but it really is worth the trouble.
and to really add some bang to this area, add some trees and bushes in between the rocks and it will look even more realistic.

Offline Walle_Epcot

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2019, 12:21 PM »
Shy gave some great advice to keep plugging away. There is lots of room to build and the park is gradually being revealed so keep on going! Once the trees, shops, queue areas, etc get filled in this will look great!

Best advice I can give you for designing buildings is Google Earth. Enter the street mode and look around some parks from small to large and get a feel of how the buildings look. One change from RCT to PlanetCO that's great, yet scary, is the freedom to go in any direction you feel. The possibilities are huge! But, try to copy a building's basic shape and then add your own personal touches with materials and decorations.

Offline Cinestri0

• Livin' Like Larry
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2019, 07:14 AM »
Best advice I can give you for designing buildings is Google Earth. Enter the street mode and look around some parks from small to large and get a feel of how the buildings look.

This is great advice! I actually started to do this recently and I can tell you my building has gotten a lot better!

Anyway keep up the nice work and I'm sure you'll have a great final outcome, some more shrubs/trees, and a couple fences and you'll have a great looking park in no time :)

Offline bmdavis4

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2019, 02:52 PM »
Thanks for the tips everybody they are always appreciated.  I have a new update for this week. 

I updated the station for Canyon

The new restaurant for the Western area (Will be a indoor and Outdoor Restaurant with alcohol available)

Uhm what just happened

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2019, 09:49 AM »
Thanks for the tips everybody they are always appreciated.  I have a new update for this week.

It's really starting to look beautiful where you're adding the trees and bushes.  And I really like that use of poles on the station roof :).

As with rocks, you really should rotate your trees and bushes individually, though, so they don't all have the same branches sticking out in the same directions.  This is pretty easy to do, actually.  Each time you place one, another appears on the cursor ready to place.  Hit the Z key to rotate it 90^ before sticking it down, and repeat.  Even though you only have the bushes in the same 4 directions, it really makes things look more natural if you have multiple units of the same tree/bush next to each other.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline bmdavis4

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2019, 04:56 PM »
Thanks bullet

New Update for the weekend

Old Town Restaurant

Night Shot (Working on the lighting so its not whited out)

Interior Shot

Vertrex Lighting Package

Random Picture

What is Iron Cobra?

Offline bmdavis4

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2019, 05:28 PM »
Just a short small update

Iron Cobra has something new to the adventure area

Some Fence Enhancements for the ride

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2019, 08:10 PM »
I like the cobra enclosure. But the cobra looks a little like he's levitating above the bush. :P
It might look better if you sink him down into the bushes a little or put him over on the flat ground. ;)
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot