Chalet Rouge Theme Park and Resort

• 18 replies
Chalet Rouge Theme Park and Resort
« on: March 05, 2019, 03:54 PM »
Greetings and Salutations!

After the hoopla over Palisade Park died down (I'll admit I would have liked more feedback on that....but I digress), I am back with a smaller park that will hopefully be more playable, as well as better set up economically. Chalet Rouge is smaller in size but more detailed in scope than any of my other parks here. Still using the same process.....paths, shops, ride stations, then rides and theming. Anywho.....the overview so far......this is only 3 hours of work, but given my current work situation, it might be months before an update....or it could be hours.....anyway......a teaser of things to come!

I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

Re: Chalet Rouge Theme Park and Resort
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 02:42 PM »
That's actually a surprising amount of accomplishment for only 3 hours of work.  So far I think I'm most anxious to see what you do with the areas around the water, especially the footbridge.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 03:01 PM »
I must apologize for the lack of feedback on my part.   :-\  I admit I have been preoccupied with my own project and with ranting about the problems with the game.  But don't feel like I was ignoring just you...I haven't been commenting much on anyone's stuff.   :-[

I do admire how you always lay out your parks first and then add more and more details.  Like a good painter painting a masterpiece.   :D

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 03:25 PM »
That's actually a surprising amount of accomplishment for only 3 hours of work.  So far I think I'm most anxious to see what you do with the areas around the water, especially the footbridge.
I was drawn in by the bridge as well....hummmm?

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 02:58 PM »
Very nice comments, guys.....thanks........so....all the rides and coasters have been placed... this park will have 8 coasters, 4 dark rides and 21 flat rides.....not a big park......but should be fun when done.
Cheers!
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 02:13 PM »
It's great to see a new park from you.
Do you already have an idea in mind for this park or are you going to see where it takes you?

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 04:13 PM »
Thx Nemmie. Gonna see where it takes me. Did you get to explore Palisade Park? It's in the workshop.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 02:53 PM »
I'm totally rubbish as I haven't yet. I'd love to take a trip there. I'll definitely be visiting your workshop and getting myself a ticket 😀

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 12:50 PM »
LuxDreaming, I'm always astounded on the unbelievable size of your parks... So I'm so curious to see what you do this time! :)
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2019, 12:44 PM »
Howdy. So.....a tiny bit of progress.......and this will be the last update until July as I am back on location in Atlanta for 3 months doing.....wait for it......Season 10 of The Walking Dead! YAY! Anywho.....here's a progress shot, and I'll see you crazy kids in July! Cheers!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2019, 02:30 PM »
It's actually interesting to see the park this way (empty), knowing that it will eventually be filled with stuff!, stuff!, and more stuff! -  Beautiful, colorful, clever, creative, stuff. :)

Now I'm going to be scrutinizing every detail that you add to Chalet Rouge, looking for Season 10 TWD Easter egg spoilers. :P  (What is your connection to TWD, if I may ask?)

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2019, 02:58 PM »
I'm the Costume Supervisor. Also, anyone who has Netflix can see my latest work....The Highwaymen.......Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson play the two rangers who hunted down Bonnie and Clyde.

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2019, 04:00 PM »
I'm the Costume Supervisor. Also, anyone who has Netflix can see my latest work....The Highwaymen.......Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson play the two rangers who hunted down Bonnie and Clyde.
Sounds like a cool job

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2019, 04:15 PM »
OH wow...that rapids ride looks so fun so far!

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2019, 04:59 PM »
So brave to put all the paths down first like that...  anxious to see what the large plazas turn into.

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2019, 10:02 AM »
Thx...me too. Though I won't be able to work on this again til July..... :(

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2019, 01:19 PM »
So I went straight from Walking Dead in Atlanta, to a new Russell Crowe thriller that we shot in New Orleans...and just returned last Tuesday.......I took a look at this park again...and I ain't feelin' it. Would anyone like to take a crack at turning this into something? I won't have time to play PC until after my insane Halloween party at the end of October. If not, I can put it in the park dump post. Thinking I will get back into playing the game in November when I have a solid 2 months of free time. Thoughts?

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2019, 02:47 PM »
Welcome back! :)  Maybe take another look at the park in November and if you're still not 'feelin' it', then perhaps putting it up for adoption in the park dump would be best. We've seen what you're capable of when you are feelin' it; so I think we'll just sit back and wait for the Muses to smile upon you again and produce another clever, witty, beautiful park. Now tell us who gets killed on the next season of TWD. :P

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2019, 09:26 AM »
So here we are in November, and I thought I would have time to work on this park, but I am going back on location...to Chicago this time for a new HBO show. So I am putting the VERY unfinished version up in the Workshop for anyone who wants to try and tinker around with it.
Cheers!