The Weekly Ambassador 3/10/19

• 6 replies

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
The Weekly Ambassador 3/10/19
« on: March 10, 2019, 05:44 PM »
Happy Sunday everyone. I did say this was going to be a "jumbo" size, but I broke things up into smaller chunks so it was not 30 pages of stuff. I rather be short, sweet, and to the point.  :D

Offline Forgath

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: The Weekly Ambassador 3/10/19
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 05:48 AM »
Hello Cody,

A very nice weekly ambassador edition this week!
Concerning the weekly contest with flowers: Is this trial test already live? Or has it yet to start? Or am i to late? I might see time tomorrow to create something with flowers.

1) What is your favorite water ride?
I dont have a favorite water ride. In all those years ive only been in 2 water rides as far as i can remember. The wild water ride was the most exciting one since it doesnt let you face forward all the time.

2) If you were the manager for the day, which theme park would you manage and why? What would you do?
Hmm, a difficult question. Ive been in very few. But i would like to manage a park which has a maze. Or build one! Sure love them; never can have enough mazes!

3) What is one theme park you would like to visit and why?
Walt Disney. Never been to one. Its quite the trip from here and its not a day-trip i take easily.

4) Have you ever spent extra money in a theme park (upcharge events)? If so, what was it and how did you feel about it? (review)
This question I dont understand. What is an upcharge event? Is this a concept that is pretty common these days in theme parks?

5) What is an example of good guest service you have had/witnessed in a theme park?
Funny example: a just bought ice-cream was bumped out of my hands. Received a free ice-cream after. :)

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 07:14 AM »
Hello Cody,

A very nice weekly ambassador edition this week!
Concerning the weekly contest with flowers: Is this trial test already live? Or has it yet to start? Or am i to late? I might see time tomorrow to create something with flowers.

I dont have a favorite water ride. In all those years ive only been in 2 water rides as far as i can remember. The wild water ride was the most exciting one since it doesnt let you face forward all the time.

2) If you were the manager for the day, which theme park would you manage and why? What would you do?
Hmm, a difficult question. Ive been in very few. But i would like to manage a park which has a maze. Or build one! Sure love them; never can have enough mazes!

Walt Disney. Never been to one. Its quite the trip from here and its not a day-trip i take easily.

4) Have you ever spent extra money in a theme park (upcharge events)? If so, what was it and how did you feel about it? (review)
This question I dont understand. What is an upcharge event? Is this a concept that is pretty common these days in theme parks?

5) What is an example of good guest service you have had/witnessed in a theme park?
Funny example: a just bought ice-cream was bumped out of my hands. Received a free ice-cream after. :)
I'm always intrigued by folks that have never experienced Disney and would love to be the one that takes them through the parks for the first time.

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 07:21 AM »
Tough one as I don't go to water parks that often, but I really like slow peaceful lazy rivers. I could float around in them all day. I especially like the one at Typhoon Lagoon.

Probably any Disney park. I would love to go out and be with the guests and do something to make their day more enjoyable, like handing out Fastpasses or something fun like that.

I am always interested in the older European parks to see and be part of the historical aspect of them.

Only one I have done is the Very Merry at Disney. While it was fun being in that atmosphere, the price is steep, but it was always with family, which made the event even more enjoyable.

I love how Disney cast members always compliment guests when they have a special button on. I find it infectious and always start doping it myself. I also once saw a cast member dive into the water at the Jungle Boat ride to grab a small child that walked off the pier and disappeared under the water. It was scary for a moment, but all ended up ok.

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 11:15 AM »
My apologies for the delayed response. I was out of town from Tuesday until yesterday, then was not at my house much when I got back. The "trial" will be these contests. I am going to say the submission deadline is March 22nd and voting will begin immediately after. The winner will be announced the weekend of March 29th.

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 12:25 AM »
I like reading the weekly ambassador! This is a fantastic addition to SGW, thanks for doing this!

Water rides are always tricky, as I don't like to get too much wet and then walking around the park with wet clothes for hours, so there is none... But I assume it would be Splash Mountain - if one day I get the chance to go on it.

As a park visitor I'm always thrilled when entering a park and feel the atmosphere and enchantment. But park management is an amazing tough job. The fun for us is paid by hard work of those managing all that tasks. But to be honest, can't decide which one.

There is not one, but so many... Definitely all the disney parks all over the world.

4) Have you ever spent extra money in a theme park (upcharge events)? If so, what was it and how did you feel about it?
In advance... Booked first a low priced park hotel, but then upgraded to the best they had. ;) Since then I'm hooked to that hotel.

There are many!
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 02:45 PM »
Cody, thank you so much for this edition of the W.A. :)

I'm a bit late with my reply, but better late than never:

About weekly contests, I have to say, that I am spending all the time that I can get for theme park games - on building my projects. I am running out of time for the one project that I want to bring to SGW in 9 days, and am spending all my energy and free time to get it to a satisfying state for SGW presentation. This is why atm I won't take part in any additional contests etc, but I like such a kind of idea for the future.
Polls are good, and maybe we can have a weekly poll about our favourite current projects on SGW? Since the likes are gone, we're missing something that helps finding amazing projects. Just a thought.

I only know European water rides, and then the one I loved the most were redesigned to worse. Those were Teufelsfässer in Holiday-Park (log flume), and Die Unendliche Geschichte at the park formerly known as Movie World Germany. I don't know Chiapas (Phantasialand) yet. Let me name Kållerado (rapid river) at Liseberg, Sweden, as my favourite at the moment.

2) If you were the manager for the day, which theme park would you manage and why?

Not my favourite park, that would be way too much work  ;D I'd take something smaller and yet nice: Tripsdrill, Germany, because the air is so good there and it's embedded in such a beautiful landscape.

Islands of Adventure. Generally, I hope to get to Orlando at one point, but Islands of Adventure is the one park I long the most to, because of the incredible look of various rides and areas.

4) Have you ever spent extra money in a theme park (upcharge events)? If so, what was it and how did you feel about it?

Not sure what this question is about.

One of the hotels of Europa-Park fulfilled my request for a hard matrass. :)