Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
just WOW!
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

K'aros Roast House Pt. 2
Today, we continue our tour in and around K'aros roast house. You get to see the rear of the building, the big waterfall K'aros rushes over with full speed right after the second launch, and the observation deck right next to the roast house which allows beatiful views down into Grindlheim. Go to my blog and you will find a little video of the waterfall in action!

>>  Check out the blog post here  <<

Again, for now I also put this post in a quotation block below. But please don't let that stop you to check out the blog.

K'aros Roast House Pt. 2
Update #6  -  10/14/2019
Last time I showed you the first section of the circular footpath surrounding Grindlheim and we also visited the K'aros coffee roast house this path leads right through. In today's blog post we continue the tour in and around the roast house and we also visit the observation deck right next to it.

We start with some pictures of the rear of the building which I did not show last time. We also have a closer look at the big waterfall that K'aros rushes over directly after the second launch when the train reaches its maximum speed. This is also the place where the water for the waterweel that powers the roast house is taken from. The water is then guided to the wheel with elaborate wooden channels stretching over and around the roast house. Check out this little video to see the big waterfall and K'aros in action.

Until its completion the roast house was the most complicated building I had created in Planet Coaster. This is due to the multiple crossings of paths and coasters on different levels. This house is not just an outer shell, every place that visitors can see is themed to the same level of detail. No compromises made, no flickering textures, no objects sticking out of walls! This was all topped when I started on the Ri'kh queue building which is still not finished and much more complex. But that's a story for a future blog post.

Now, please check out the gallery below and finish the tour through the K'aros roast house.

Today, we start with a view of the rear of the K'aros roast house, which I did not show in the last blog post. Here, we are still on the circular footpath that surrounds Grindlheim.

This is inside the roast house, when entering through the gate from the last picture. The opening on the right allows some immersive views down on Ri'kh and K'aros.

The roast house is powered by a waterwheel. These gears translate the movement from the wheel to the roast machines inside.

The second mid-course launch of K'aros catapults the riders through the basement of the roast house...

...and right up to the highest peak of Grindlheim. The train rushing over this big waterfall and springkling its riders in the process is the most spectacular part of the ride.

This is also where the water for the waterwheel is taken from.

But the water needs to be redirected to the wheel with these wooden channels.

The people of Grindlheim seem to prefer complicated solutions and are known for their elaborate contraptions.

There's one more duct here and a little reservoir before the water flows down and powers the wheel.

This is the complete K'aros roast house as seen from above.

You may have seen the stairs on the left in the last post. They lead up to the observation deck and coffee shop. This is where we will go next.

A mountain massif surrounds the observation deck from one side.

The other side is open to allow spectatular views on the two coasters. This is the perfect place to have some fresh coffee, relax and fully take in the theme world and the power of K'aros rushing by.

As mentioned in previous posts, the first launch of K'aros is located directly underneath the observation deck.

If Planet Coaster had a first person virtual reality mode, this would be the place to go!

K'aros comes very close to the railing of the observation deck as it rushes by.

You can also see the track of Ri'kh flowing through the depths of Grindlheim down below.

Thank you for joining me on this update. Let's finish with a another overview of the K'aros roast house. Please join me again next time and keep an eye out for exclusive Grindlheim content on the Planet Coaster Subreddit!

« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 10:36 AM by Zarroc91 »

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
I loved the update! You put a lot of work in the presentation, info and story. Looks like a fun ride as well. Keep it up!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
An amazing amount of detail! And everything serves a purpose, or at least seems to. I like how K'aros comes so close to the observation deck. An unaware person sitting at those tables, sipping their coffee, would be in for quite a surprise when the coaster comes whooshing by!

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
As always, this is phenomenal. You're a Planco wizard.

Following the path to Ri'kh
In today's small update we once more continue our trip on the circular footpath surrounding Grindlheim and check out the theming elements, shops and facilities on the way which will lead us to Ri'kh eventually, the second coaster in the Grindlheim theme world.

Again, for now I also put this post in a quotation block below. But please don't let that stop you to check out the blog.

Following the path to Ri'kh
Update #7  -  11/25/2019
 Welcome back to the blog to today's update which is a just a small one. We contiue to focus once more on the circular footpath surrounding Grindlheim. This will eventually lead us to the entrance to Ri'kh, the second and family focused coaster in Grindlheim. We start following this path were we left off last time, at the K'aros roast house.

Though there is no big theming element waiting for us to explore on this next section of the path, the general 360° theming that is present everywhere in Grindlheim is still worth to look at. We also come by the area where the exit of K'aros connects back to the main footpath.

Next time I will start to show the first images of the queue building for Ri'kh which I am very proud of. So don't forget to come back for those. Also, I made very good progress and started to theme the most complicated part of track of K'aros. More and more elements of Grindlheim are coming together nicely at the moment.

Now, please check out the gallery below and follow along the path through Grindlheim.

We start by exiting the K'aros roast house and follow the path that will lead us to the entrance to Ri'kh on the other side of Grindlheim.

Here, the path clinges closely to the near-vertical mountain cliff on the right.

The stone pillar structures were built to support the mountain and the caves that lie beneath.

Some Grindlheimers have built their home in this more secluded area...

...right on the cliff side.

The Grindlheim theme world features 360° theming, which means guests are fully immersed in it, whatever direction they look.

The roofed bridge on the bottom is connected to the exit of K'aros. This is the area where guests exit back on to the path after riding K'aros.

Here, brave guests can rest on the benches on the left after they rode K'aros...

...or they can refresh themselves with some fruity juice from this store on the right.

There are also restrooms hidden inside the cliffs on the left.

This image shows the section of path we just followed. Next time we continue to follow the path on the right.

great looking area, especially like the rock work in the 6th photo

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
More stellar work from yourself. I have to say that this is also some of the best rockwork I've seen in game.

More stellar work from yourself. I have to say that this is also some of the best rockwork I've seen in game.
great looking area, especially like the rock work in the 6th photo

Thank you! Indeed, I'm spending quite a lot of time into creating convincing rock facades. I'm glad it pays off.

Arriving at Ri'kh
Welcome to the first Grindlheim update of the new year 2020. This time we contiue were we left off and finally arrive at the entrance to the queue line of Ri'kh, the family coaster of Grindlheim. On the way we cross a beautiful bridge before we have a look at one of the very detailed sides of Ri'kh's massive queue building.

Arriving at Ri'kh
Update #8  -  01/08/2020

For the last three updates we followed the circular footpath that surrounds Grindlheim and checked out all the details along the path. For the first update in the new year of 2020 - happy new year to you all - we continue this trend once more. Today we will finally arrive at the other side of Grindlheim at the entrance to the queue line of Ri'kh, the family coaster of Grindlheim.

We start were we left off last time by crossing a bridge that leads to the entrance plaza of Ri'kh. It crosses over another path that connects the exit of Ri'kh back to the main path at ground level. Then we enter the entrance plaza of Ri'kh and check out the datailed facade of Ri'kh's queue building.

Once finished, the entrance plaza will be completely surrounded by facades and buildings and will represent an immersive town square. But till now, only one side is finished. In the next update we will be entering the detailed queue line of Ri'kh.

Now, please check out the gallery below and follow along the path through Grindlheim.

Last time we left off at the left side of this bridge.

It crosses over the path that leads from the exit of Ri'kh back up to main path on ground level.

The path also leads right through this building before it connects back to the main path.

This is the view from this path.

On the left of this picture you can see the continuation of the rocky cliff sides you saw in the last update.

Because Ri'kh's station on the top left of this image lies below normal ground level, guests need to climb a set of stairs back to the main path.

And this is the view of the bridge they have while doing so.

K'aros crosses over the station of Ri'kh several times. On the left you can get a first look of the queue building of Ri'kh.

This is on the other side of the bridge. On the left, the path from Ri'kh's exit connects back to the main path.

We turn to the right and see the facades of the queue building on the entrance plaza. The lattice door serves as an emergency exit of the queue line of Ri'kh.

And here it is, the entrance to the queue line. Can you spot the piece of Ri'kh's track in this image?

That's it for today. Please come back next time for a complete tour of the long and detailed queue line.

The Queue Line of Ri'kh
In the previous posts we followed the circular footpath from the entrance of K’aros to the opposite side of the area where the entrance to Ri’kh, the smaller, family friendly coaster of the two is situated. This time we continue and check out its complete, fully themed queue line."

The Queue Line of Ri'kh
Update #9  -  02/27/2020

It is time for an update again and this time, and probably in the next updates as well, we focus our attention on Ri’kh, the smaller, family friendlier one of the two roller coasters in Grindlheim. In the previous updates we took the long way along the footpath surrounding Grindlheim from K’aros entrance all the way to the entrance of Ri’kh, where we left off last time. Today, we continue and walk along the complete, fully themed queue line of Ri’kh.

Like the queue of K’aros which I have already shown in a previous blog post (The Queue Line of K'aros), Ri’kh’s queue is themed from the inside and out. Every point that can be reached and viewed from a guest's perspective is supposed to be fully themed and to not break the immersion.

Most of the queue is located inside the largest contiguous building of Grindlheim. Though it is quite a long queue, it occupies a relatively small amount of space without using the typical but boring “cattle-pen” style layout. This is only possible because it stretches over multiple stories and makes good use of the available space. For example, most of the queue building is not just an empty shell. Even Ri’kh itself and K’aros cross the building several times. Though this made constructing the building more difficult than ususal, I am very happy with the result and I think that Ri'kh's queue turned out better than K'aros'.

Now, please check out the gallery below for no less than 22 images of the queue line. Also have a look at the last image in particular for an overview shot with the course of the queue highlighted.

We ended the last update right here, at the entrance to the queue line of Ri'kh. Today we take a walk along the complete queue line and descend down to Ri'kh's station.

Like K'aro's queue, the queue line of Ri'kh is fully themed inside and out. First, guests pass through this small corridor before entering a small inner courtyard.

The courtyard can not be accessed or seen from outside the queue. Only the guests waiting in line can experience the theming here.

Ri'kh's first section of track after the lift hill runs right across and over the courtyard.

The big tower houses the upper half of the lift hill of Ri'kh and is probably the biggest building in Grindlheim.

Another view down into the courtyard. The footpath surrounding Grindlheim is located on the right.

Now, guests pass the corridor again and follow the queue deeper into the building.

Only the Grindlheimers know what exactly all these pulleys, ropes and counter weights control.

Next, guests enter a large room with a big stair leading down and out of the building. In case of an emergency, guests can leave the queue through the rounded stairs on the left. We saw this door from the other side in the last update.

This room was the most complicated build of the queue and is the most detailed one, too.

After this room, the queue leaves the building for a few meters and allows guests to get some great views of the coasters before it continues back into the building.

And this is how the queue building looks from the outside. Not only does the big tower house Ri'kh's lift hill, K'aros crosses through it two times as well.

After entering the building, the queue makes a turn to the left and down some stairs again. The big window on the left of the queue allows more great views of K'aros rushing by.

What follows is the basement of the building where the queue makes a 180 degree turn around another set of these mysterious counter weights.

Next, the queue leaves the basement through this tight corridor.

Here, guests can catch some sun light here before they finally enter the station building of Ri'kh.

Just one more corridor...

...and we finally arrive at the entrance to the station of Ri'kh.

Last but not least, I marked of the course of the complete queue line on this overview. Though it is quite long, the overall space it occupies is relatively small.

Sweet - awesome look and detail

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
I love twisty, turny, heavily themed queue lines. If the queue for Ri'kh was a real-life thing, I would spend all day exploring it. Having the guests venture outside the building from time to time, and back in again adds a lot of interest and excitement to the queue. Oh, and- M.C.Escher called; he wants his fanciful, highly detailed architecture back. :P

Impressions from Ri'kh
In today's update we continue our tour around the family coaster Ri'kh and not only peak inside its station but also check out the first section of track. I also got some very good news to share: Work on Grindlheim has been completed and I released some sets on the Workshop!"

As I said above, I already released some useful decorative objects from Grindlheim on my Workshop page. Please check out this collection:

>>  Grindlheim Collection - Steam Workshop  <<

I will release more in the future, some blueprints for buildings in particular.

Impressions from Ri'kh
Update #10  -  03/26/2020
 Welcome back for another update on Grindlheim. Let's start off with some good news first:

Work on Grindlheim has been completed! It is done!

I had a very productive phase over the last weeks and was able to finish the remaining unthemed parts of Grindlheim much quicker than I anticipated. In particular, I created the main restaurant of Grindlheim next to the entrance to K'aros and I finished theming the entrance area of Grindlheim itself. This does not mean that I am done with the project though. I still want to create music for the coasters and the theme world and I also want to make a video of course. This will take some more time and I will release Grindlheim to the workshop when the project as a whole is done. Till then you can expect some more updates to be released on my blog here.

Nevertheless I already released a collection of useful objects and sets from Grindlheim on the workshop. Please check them out via the link below, they might be useful for your creations as well.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2027849088

But let's get back to the topic of today which is Ri'kh, the family coaster. In the last update I showed you the complete queue line and today we continue with the station and the first section of track. The station of Ri'kh is situated in the middle of Grindlheim and is surrounded by the tracks of K'aros. Due to the space limitians it is only a single sided station, but throughput is not mitigated by that.

When the coaster car leaves the station it immediatly encounters the lift hill which is partly enclosed by a big tower which itself is part of the Ri'kh queue building. Right under the lift hill K'aros passes through the same tower two times as well. I built complicated skewed wooden corridors out of individual boards to separate the tracks of K'ars and Ri'kh from each other while they pass through the building. You can see the result on pictures 3 to 6.

Now, please check out the gallery below to contiue following the first track-section of Ri'kh.

This shot was taken inside the station of Ri'kh. Guests are waiting for the gates to open so they can finally enter the car. I can assure you that hard hats are not required for this ride, the clearance profile was adhered to.

Due to the limited space inside K'aros' track layout where the station is located, it is only single sided with both the exit and entrance situated on the right side.

The first part of Ri'kh is the lift hill. It goes straight through and up this tower.

K'aros crosses this tower two times as well right underneath Ri'kh's lift hill. The angled wooden boards on the top left border of this picture indicate the direction of the lift hill.

There was not much room to separate K'aros and Ri'kh inside the tower, hence the weird angles and compliacted wooden structures that I  built out of individual boards.

Ri'kh leaves the tower at the top of the lift hill.

A 180 degree downward curve follows.

This is the view at the top of the lift hill. The queue line is located right beneath this section as shown in the previous blog update.

On this bird's eye view you can see the circular footpath that surrounds Grindlheim on the right.

Next, the track leads through another part of the building before it goes down the big drop.

Clearance is tight but whenever a coaster crosses a building I make sure that the car itself and guests are safe and collisions are not possible.

At this point the car has alraeady built up some speed and whizzes through this tight corridor.

And down it goes the drop. Here you can also see the little herb and flower garden of Grindlheim.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
I'm astounded by all the detail I see everywhere! I love all the odd angles. You've created a complete, immersive world here, Zarroc. :up: