Grindlheim - an immersive theme world inspired by Klugheim [Update #6, 10/14/19]

• 34 replies

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
just WOW!
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

K'aros Roast House Pt. 2
Today, we continue our tour in and around K'aros roast house. You get to see the rear of the building, the big waterfall K'aros rushes over with full speed right after the second launch, and the observation deck right next to the roast house which allows beatiful views down into Grindlheim. Go to my blog and you will find a little video of the waterfall in action!

>>  Check out the blog post here  <<

Again, for now I also put this post in a quotation block below. But please don't let that stop you to check out the blog.

K'aros Roast House Pt. 2
Update #6  -  10/14/2019
Last time I showed you the first section of the circular footpath surrounding Grindlheim and we also visited the K'aros coffee roast house this path leads right through. In today's blog post we continue the tour in and around the roast house and we also visit the observation deck right next to it.

We start with some pictures of the rear of the building which I did not show last time. We also have a closer look at the big waterfall that K'aros rushes over directly after the second launch when the train reaches its maximum speed. This is also the place where the water for the waterweel that powers the roast house is taken from. The water is then guided to the wheel with elaborate wooden channels stretching over and around the roast house. Check out this little video to see the big waterfall and K'aros in action.

Until its completion the roast house was the most complicated building I had created in Planet Coaster. This is due to the multiple crossings of paths and coasters on different levels. This house is not just an outer shell, every place that visitors can see is themed to the same level of detail. No compromises made, no flickering textures, no objects sticking out of walls! This was all topped when I started on the Ri'kh queue building which is still not finished and much more complex. But that's a story for a future blog post.

Now, please check out the gallery below and finish the tour through the K'aros roast house.

Today, we start with a view of the rear of the K'aros roast house, which I did not show in the last blog post. Here, we are still on the circular footpath that surrounds Grindlheim.

This is inside the roast house, when entering through the gate from the last picture. The opening on the right allows some immersive views down on Ri'kh and K'aros.

The roast house is powered by a waterwheel. These gears translate the movement from the wheel to the roast machines inside.

The second mid-course launch of K'aros catapults the riders through the basement of the roast house...

...and right up to the highest peak of Grindlheim. The train rushing over this big waterfall and springkling its riders in the process is the most spectacular part of the ride.

This is also where the water for the waterwheel is taken from.

But the water needs to be redirected to the wheel with these wooden channels.

The people of Grindlheim seem to prefer complicated solutions and are known for their elaborate contraptions.

There's one more duct here and a little reservoir before the water flows down and powers the wheel.

This is the complete K'aros roast house as seen from above.

You may have seen the stairs on the left in the last post. They lead up to the observation deck and coffee shop. This is where we will go next.

A mountain massif surrounds the observation deck from one side.

The other side is open to allow spectatular views on the two coasters. This is the perfect place to have some fresh coffee, relax and fully take in the theme world and the power of K'aros rushing by.

As mentioned in previous posts, the first launch of K'aros is located directly underneath the observation deck.

If Planet Coaster had a first person virtual reality mode, this would be the place to go!

K'aros comes very close to the railing of the observation deck as it rushes by.

You can also see the track of Ri'kh flowing through the depths of Grindlheim down below.

Thank you for joining me on this update. Let's finish with a another overview of the K'aros roast house. Please join me again next time and keep an eye out for exclusive Grindlheim content on the Planet Coaster Subreddit!

« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 10:36 AM by Zarroc91 »

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
I loved the update! You put a lot of work in the presentation, info and story. Looks like a fun ride as well. Keep it up!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
An amazing amount of detail! And everything serves a purpose, or at least seems to. I like how K'aros comes so close to the observation deck. An unaware person sitting at those tables, sipping their coffee, would be in for quite a surprise when the coaster comes whooshing by!

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
As always, this is phenomenal. You're a Planco wizard.