NEW ROLLERCOASTER TYCOON GAME OUT

• 8 replies

Offline MASSREBEL

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
NEW ROLLERCOASTER TYCOON GAME OUT
« on: March 21, 2019, 01:01 PM »
check this out.... Atari has released another rollercoaster tycoon game titled Rollercoaster tycoon adventures.   the link for more information is: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/rollercoaster-tycoon-adventures/home
Hopefully we can find a way to add our CFRs/CSOs.   let me know what you think
massrebel

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: NEW ROLLERCOASTER TYCOON GAME OUT
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 08:37 PM »
Quote: "Hopefully we can find a way to add our CFRs/CSOs."

Hmm, I doubt that will be possible MASSREBELL. The Jonwil/Belgabor importer and Markus Lomberg's CTR Creator are specific to RCT3. Plus the two games are made by different companies: Nvizzio and Frontier, so there almost certainly won't be any compatibility between the two. And, while it's always nice to have another park sim to play with, I doubt that "Adventures" will be anywhere near as engaging or varied as RCT3, Planet Coaster, or Parkitect. Still, there's always hope... just don't get yer hopes up. :P
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 08:40 PM by JB »

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 10:24 AM »
well the game looks nice
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 10:25 AM by paterdave2 »

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 01:00 PM »
Someone sent me an email about this and I am kind of meh about it. It does feel like a RCT2 version of RCT3, which is a good thing. I will have to do further research. I do like the Roller Coaster Tycoon Franchise, but RCTW has kind of made me tread carefully in terms of jumping the gun to a new RCT game. Overall, this is a good thing and I hope we see an updated RCT3 because it is a great game still.

Offline wabigbear

• Gringo en Brasil
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 04:10 PM »
In typical Atari fashion, they have a page on their site's Atari store for RCT Adventures...  Here's the game's description:

Relive the Golden Age of Gaming with 100 of the most popular iconic games from the 70’s and 80’s. Now with online multiplayer capability, this extensive catalog includes classic Atari® titles like Asteroids®, Centipede®, Missile Command®, and many more, paired with intuitive new controls designed to mimic what Atari fans remember from the glory days!

The brand new additions of online and local multiplayer, along with Steam Leaderboards, allows you to challenge friends and compete with players from around the world like never before.

And now with Steam Controller support, you’ll have unprecedented levels of precision control. Atari® Vault is the ultimate collection of classic Atari titles, and is guaranteed to provide hours of fun!

Genre: Arcade/Atari Play, Casual
- https://www.atari.com/games/rollercoaster-tycoon-adventures-pc/

Somehow I don't recall RCT ever having 100 of the most popular iconic games from the 70’s and 80’s in it, nevermind multi-player abilities!   It's amazing!  (And classic Atari...they don't even proof-read their own web pages...)   :whistling:

Offline Redhair

• Can't... Stop... Playing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 10:07 PM »
"multi-player abilities!" I've seen this promise before...

Offline wabigbear

• Gringo en Brasil
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2019, 04:26 AM »
LOL!  Also hard to be an 'iconic game from the 70's and 80's" when RCT didn't come out until 1999...  :mad:up:

Offline FlyingDutchman7

• FD7 Amusement
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2019, 08:44 AM »
This just looks like a (admittedly better looking) gridded version of RCT World. I hope everything works...

Offline JCat

• 3D Studio Maxing Out
    • View Profile
    • Trackworx
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2019, 02:42 PM »
The PC version graphics are definitely sparklier than its mobile counterparts. That's about it. Found one video with a person that actually used the coaster editor.  No surprise, it's the same super crap as the portable version. This is the worst coaster editor imaginable - like Charles Manson had a say in this. If you just scribble down track randomly, without even lifting it anywhere, the coaster still travels around it.