• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
Dream Gardens Dublin: Paris
« on: March 27, 2019, 01:16 AM »
Latest highlight:

Paris

Original opening post:

Dublin, Ireland, January 2002

Dear journalists, especially dear theme park fan clubs and theme park forums around the world...

We made it. The transformation of Merrion Square in central Dublin is completed.

Here is a reminder of what Merrion Square used to look like, until the day before we began to change it forever.

Merrion Square, Dublin, on 25 May 1999

More information coming soon.

Best regards,
Timothy Parker,
Trimo Parks Ireland
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 01:41 PM by Elch »

Re: Dublin: What happened to Merrion Square?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 05:09 AM »
This is exciting, been looking forward to your building and presentation styles to come aboard on PC.    I'm already anxious for the next update.

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Dublin: What happened to Merrion Square?
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 11:21 AM »
ok, I'm thrilled to see where this is going!
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
Greetings from Merrion Square, Dublin
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 02:13 PM »
Dublin, 27 February 2002

Dear friends from the press and theme park fan websites...

We'd kindly like to ask you to NOT post any photos of the park on the internet before the day of the press event, which takes place just before the opening of our first park in Ireland.

Photos from the closed park like the ones below, through the fence and so on, are not approved by us. We are sharing these now as bad examples.

We know you can't wait to finally see what happened to Merrion Square. Please wait a little bit more, and refrain from posting unapproved footage from the park, until further notice. Thank you.

You will see a lot more very soon. Don't miss our next email. Seriously, don't :-)

Best regards,

Timothy Parker
Trimo Parks Ireland

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from Merrion Square, Dublin
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 03:22 PM »
I love how you tease us with these through-the-fence; through-the-gate photos. :mad:up:

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
Invitation to: Dream Gardens Dublin on Merrion Square
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 02:02 PM »
Dublin, 20 March 2002

I N V I T A T I O N

Ladies and gentlemen,

dear friends from press and media outlets, dear representatives from theme park related fan clubs, fan websites and internet forums,

we would like to invite you to our press event ahead of the grand opening of our first theme park in Ireland:

Welcome to
Dream Gardens Dublin

The event takes place on Sunday, 31 March 2002 and begins at 8am in our presentation room in the administration building, near the park's West Entrance.
You can park your car on our neighbouring parking lot.
From Pearse train station, it's only a five minutes walk to the park.
The bus stop "Merrion Square West" is just in front of the administration building.

The address of the location is 704 Merrion Square W.

SCHEDULE

7:45 Reception

8:00 Presentation in Presentation Room

8:45 Break

9:00 Entry to the park; guided tour in two groups throughout the day

11:00 Coffee break in Paris

13:00 Lunch break in Beijing

16:00 Coffee break in Washington

17:00 Exclusive Ride Time on our signature coaster "Métro Fou"

18:00 End of the event

Dinner is not included. There is a nice restaurant near the parking lot.

Directions:

As you are a representative from shyguysworld, you have been allocated to Group B (blue; theme park fans, websites and fan forums).

We are happy to response to your questions - in case you have any - and look forward to meet you soon in Dream Gardens Dublin!

Please let us know by 30 March if you plan to attend the event.

Your park ticket is attached to this email. You must bring it as your personal invitation, and it's not transferrable. Please also bring a printed version of this invitation.

Best regards,

Timothy Parker
Dream Gardens Dublin

Your personal ticket:

Spoiler (hover to show)

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Invitation to: Dream Gardens Dublin on Merrion Square
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 03:54 PM »
I'll be there! Got my ticket printed out and... wait, what? "Rides not included"!? "Dinner is not included"?! This 'Timothy Parker' guy seems like a cheapskate to me. >:(

Very realistic press event notice, Elch. I like how you mentioned that it's only a five minute walk from the train station, etc. :)

Re: Invitation to: Dream Gardens Dublin on Merrion Square
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2019, 05:59 PM »
Fantastic presentation as always.  And I do feel special, whatwith being in the blue group and all.   :D

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
Dream Gardens Dublin: Welcome to the press event!
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2019, 11:43 AM »
Author's notes:

Spoiler (hover to show)

31 March 2002 - The day of the Press Event

7:38 am

8:49 am

Timothy Parker: "Christine? Now the crowd from shyguysworld is arriving too. Now you should really come down into the Presentation Room. We should begin soon!"

Timothy: "Hello everyone..."

Christine Metzger: "Hello from me too! Hi guys! JPAlmighT! JB! Nice to see you all!"

Timothy: "We are glad to see you made it, and you will be glad to see we made it.
You made it to the press event, and we just made a theme park out of Merrion Square."

Christine: "So on this beautiful day, dear attending press and fans, we are proud to be able to say:

Welcome to Dream Gardens Dublin!

My name is Christine Metzger from Trimo Parks, some of you guys might know me already..."

Timothy: "...and I am Timothy Parker, the park director of Dream Gardens. First, we will tell you a bit about our park, here in the presentation room... and later, you will be the first guests ever to enter Dream Gardens Dublin. We will have the park all for ourselves, as it opens to the public tomorrow."

Spoiler (hover to show)

So, let’s start our presentation with a…. pic? What about a pic?

Next, here are some basic facts and figures about the park:

• it's the first Trimo Park outside of mainland Europe
  • construction took three years
  • the park opens with 9 rides. Actually 11, but 2 remain closed for now, due to various reasons
  • two show venues and five restaurants await the visitor
  • the area of the park measures 11.7 acres / 47348.22 square metres

The park is divided into six „cities“, of which four are themed around actually existing cities and their neighbouring landscape. These are: Paris, Washington, Kathmandu and Beijing. A smaller themed area remotely reflects an Irish village, and finally the island in the middle of the park is themed around the fictional „Secret City“.

I said „island“, which means we should probably show you what the park looks like from above:

You see, we are holding back with the fancy pics, as we want you to see the park with your own eyes first.

Oh, but there is one thing that we can share already now. It's a pic from the other entrance, the East Entrance, a sight that you might have discovered by yourselves already:

So, ladies and gentlemen, now is the best time to ask your questions, while we are still here in the presentation room.
Once the last question is answered, we will have a small break and await you at the West Entrance no later than 9am. You can enter the park with the ticket we recently sent you.
Once you’re through the turnstiles, the red group meets on the left-hand side, the blue group on the right-hand side. You will see us standing next to balloons in your group's colour, so it should be quite easy.

Right: Any questions from the attending press and fan forum representatives?

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Dream Gardens Dublin: Welcome to the press event!
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2019, 03:30 PM »
Yes Mr. Parker, JB here; with the blue group. I have a question: I'm fascinated by that large building next to the East Entrance, in the Beijing area. It seems to have a rollercoaster built into it. Can you show us, or tell us, more about it? It looks fantastic!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 03:33 PM by JB »

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2019, 11:45 PM »
The layout looks amazing on that pic that you showed at the beginning of the press presentation. Fantastic path works. Curious where that coaster heads to after it disappeared in that tunnel. Can't wait to see more pics!
A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop :)

Offline matejakezman

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2019, 09:54 AM »
This is a great concept and great presentation you've got there! It kinda reminds me of Phantasialand, being so space limited and having the asian area

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
Dream Gardens Dublin: The map!
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2019, 10:14 AM »
Spoiler (hover to show)

Yes Mr. Parker, JB here; with the blue group. I have a question: I'm fascinated by that large building next to the East Entrance, in the Beijing area. It seems to have a rollercoaster built into it. Can you show us, or tell us, more about it? It looks fantastic!

Thank you, JB! This structure is actually a part of the Kathmandu area, just next to Beijing. It reflects a Krishna temple in Lalitpur, a city in the Kathmandu valley in Nepal. We got the size a little wrong and it's much bigger than the real thing, but we wanted both, the Runaway Train and Tamur River Ride go through it.

So, this was the last question for now, but of course, more can be asked while you are on your guided tour with your respective guide.

We are now having a break of exactly 15 minutes, and meet you behind the West Entrance at 9 o clock. Once you are through the gates, please go directly to the balloons with your colour, your tour guide awaits you there.

As a reminder, press and media are in the red group, members and representatives from theme park clubs, fan websites and internet forums are in the blue group.

When you walk out of the door, turn left, and you'll already see the entrance gate. Time to get your ticket out!

And oh! Before I forget it: There's a map for each of you, you can take one when you walk out of the room. See you in 15 minutes!

Re: Dream Gardens Dublin: The map!
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2019, 10:44 AM »
nice looking map. I love maps

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2019, 03:30 PM »
The map has a well thought-out design; colorful, concise, and easy to read. I'm looking forward to Hotel Noir and Runaway Train. :)

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2019, 04:14 PM »
I love the presentation of this park. It makes it so much more entertaining than simply posting a string of screenshots with no captions. And the park looks great too!
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline cap396

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2019, 04:51 PM »
Wow, wow, wow!  That park map is awesome!

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2019, 06:24 AM »
This looks so great. Hope you release the file soon as I would love to visit this park.
How you have but this whole park in that small amount of space is really really a great feat on itself. You have outdone yourself.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 06:44 AM by paterdave2 »

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2019, 04:34 AM »
Always love your maps.  I think this is your best yet.

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2019, 04:52 AM »
I love the layout of your park and the map shows how genuine it is! Fantastic work! :)

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2019, 12:39 PM »
That map makes me want to dive in there and explore right now.
I demand more piccies/videos.......NOW!!!!!!!! 😁

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2019, 03:15 PM »
I just noticed how the numbered boxes on your map (and the large boxes at the top and bottom) are the same color as the paths in that area. A nice touch, having each area defined by its own path color. :)  I think it registered on a subconscious level but I didn't put 2 and 2 together. :n00b:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 03:21 PM by JB »

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
Dream Gardens Dublin: The guided tour begins!
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2019, 11:44 AM »
Wow, thanks a lot for the incredible feedback, guys!  :w00t:

Spoiler (hover to show)

31 March 2002
8:58 am

9:05

Hello, dear theme park fans!

Welcome to your long awaited guided tour around Dream Gardens Dublin, and I'd like to say especially a warm welcome to representatives from shyguysworld! I'm glad to see that many joining us on our walk.

My name is Christine Metzger, some of you might already know me from Tauber-Park in Germany. No, I didn't move to Dublin, I am still working at Tauber-Park, but Timothy asked me whether I want to guide a group of theme park enthusiasts through a fresh new park, and this is definitely something I always wanted to do!

Like we said, welcome to Dream Gardens Dublin.

We are now standing in front of the River Cruise boat house in West Village. The boats are doing a round course, with a second stop in Beijing. No risk of getting wet, this is a gentle ride for young and old.

9:07

I know, of course, your eyes are all on the track of Métro Fou, but we will get to our signature coaster later, when we get to Paris.

If you turn around, you can see what the west entrance looks like from our side of it:

Pretty much the same, but now I can say more about our opening times. The park usually remains open until 6 pm, on busy summer days we will stay open until 9 pm. On just a few days per year, we may remain open until midnight.

9:10

Here in West Village, on the western edge of the park, actually on the backside of the ticket booths, we have a lot of small stands selling all kinds of sweet stuff. Not healthy, but de-li-cious! Except the balloons. I wouldn't try these.

And this is where we are heading to next:

Washington. Yes, D.C., but for artistic reasons, we just call it Washington.

Now's the time for a little break, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate. You're always welcome to ask, and I hope I can provide satisfying answers!

We proceed to Washington at exactly 9:15.

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Park Eureka
    • View Profile
Re: Dream Gardens Dublin: The guided tour begins!
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2019, 12:23 AM »
This is one of those parks that I would LOVE to visit. Truly a unique project, and well done you on the presentation

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2019, 11:51 PM »
I love it. The perfect integration of the roof pieces as path's, that first pic in your last post with the entrance - man what an atmosphere! And those beautiful tiny buildings, keeping the park at a realistic size. Every picture is great and pure pleasure to look at! Take your time in building this beauty of a park!!! :)

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2019, 07:30 PM »
Quote: "...all kinds of sweet stuff. Not healthy, but de-li-cious! Except the balloons. I wouldn't try these. "

If you don't want us to eat the balloons then you shouldn't place them in such tempting, easily accessible locations. Why buy a candied apple when a nice, delicious red balloon is there for the taking. :mad:up:

(I like how you insert humor into your stories.)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 07:34 PM by JB »

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
Dream Gardens Dublin: Washington
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2019, 02:22 PM »
Spoiler (hover to show)

31 March 2002
9:15 am

Time to show you Washington!

From here, you already see two of the many landmarks of this part of the park: the States Swinger, a wave singer, someone found it funny to use that wordplay with "swing states". And of course, the Capitol, name giver of Capitol Road, the oldtimers ride on the right side.

The original idea behind Dream Gardens was to theme it around various capitals of the world. When we brainstormed names for our project, "Capital Park" was actually the working title for quite a long while. Paris, Beijing and Washington D.C. were the cities we immediately agreed on, and so we started working with these three, but knew more should be added. With Kathmandu, we found another interesting theme for the park, but eventually, we also needed to find a theme for the street we just walked through, and a theme for the island in the middle. This is when we gave up the "capital city" master theme, and shortly after, we dropped the name "Capital Park". Still, we are here in the area themed around the capital of the United States of America.

The oldtimers will take our visitors on a ride through a wonderful garden landscape. Of course, your eyes are still set on Métro Fou, but that's for later.
Now we're walking towards the central square in the Washington area, a hub in amid countless flowers and carefully maintained topiaries.

From left to right: Capitol Cinema, Capitol Road, States Swinger, our small souvenir shop, and finally, the stairs leading to Secret City - we're getting there later. First, let's walk to the Capitol!

Usually this gate is closed, you see, we are busy with last preparations before tomorrow's grand opening.
Let's walk inside the cinema. Unfortunately we can't show you the show now. The viewer will experience a programme called "Space Voyage", a combination of video, sound, light and special effects. Feel free to take some photos anyway, and meet you again outside in a few minutes!

9:30

Straight ahead, it's the stair to Secret City, but we're first turning right, around the corner of the best restaurant in the park, Presidents Inn... the one with the little tower. Then it's just a few metres until one of the largest structures in the park.

Welcome to the DGD Amphitheatre! We don't have a lot of show locations in the park, but we have the Capitol Cinema, and this open air venue. In the usual daytime hours of Dream Gardens, we're seeing the show with the Four Funny Gardeners. But the venue will also be used for bigger concerts of all musical styles, and other events. We can even separate this bit of the park from the rest, so the park can remain open while special events are happening in the venue.

The Four Funny Gardeners are happy to perform exclusively for you. If you want to, you can grab a burger from The Burger Institute straight ahead, take a seat in the amphitheatre, and enjoy a little break. Our tour continues in 10 minutes.

9:45

We are now standing on the bridge connecting Washington and the central island. From here, you can see all areas of the park, starting with Paris with its Grand Carousel, all the way in the back it's Beijing, obviously Secret City in the middle, and Kathmandu on the right.

But please, before we get to Secret City, turn around for the best view on Washington:

Short photo break, we continue our walk in two / three minutes.  :)

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Dream Gardens Dublin: Washington
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2019, 02:58 PM »
Ooh, you're right. That last shot is the best view. I like the formal gardens and topiaries of the oldtimers car ride. And the interior of Capitol Cinema looks spot-on with its stadium-style seating and railings. (Love the seat cushions.)

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Dream Gardens Dublin: Washington
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2019, 06:37 PM »
The presentation here is quite original!  And the park looks quite nice, too!  Keep on!
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
Dream Gardens Dublin: Secret City
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2019, 02:16 PM »
Responses:
Spoiler (hover to show)

Editor's notes about this update:

Spoiler (hover to show)

31 March 2002
9:50 am

So, let's all go into Secret City... oh, hi Gardisaurus! Say hi to our theme park enthusiasts!

Before we properly get into Secret City, turn around to see one of the most exciting parts of Métro Fou:

Right, let's go...

well, here we are at the heart of Secret City already, where the Balloon Expedition is located.

You wonder what this themed area is about? I don't know either, it's a secret.

Toilet building to the left, and the picnic area is beyond the wooden gate:

We can have a small break here, feel free to sit down, make notes, take photos...

10:20 am

Not much to see, right? Maybe I should tell you that there is a hint somewhere here on this island. You might have passed by already. Or you might pass by on our way out of Secret City. Who knows!

Before we cross the bridge over the river, you might want to turn around and make photos of Secret City's entrance gate:

...and this is where we are heading to next: Paris!