Disneyland - Carnation Cafe

• 2 replies

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Disneyland - Carnation Cafe
« on: March 28, 2019, 02:42 PM »
Carnation Cafe

The Carnation Cafe is situated on the corner of West Center Street. It is the only table service restaurant on Main Street and offers an extensive menu.

The restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner and reservations are recommended due to its popularity.

You can get a Mickey-shaped waffle for breakfast, along with assorted other dishes. Lunch and dinner include meatloaf, pasta, soups, salads, sandwiches, desserts, and more.

Roasted Turkey Sandwich and Lemonade topped with citrus foam shaped like Mickey.

The Carnation Cafe opened in 1997, replacing the old Flower Market, and originally only offered outdoor patio seating.

Restrooms

In 2012, the cafe expanded to add indoor seating, replacing the old Blue Ribbon Bakery.

You're greeted by a friendly host or hostess at the front desk.

The indoor dining room is elegantly decorated with wood paneling and burgundy wallpaper.

A variety of styles of chandeliers and lamps decorate the room.

A photo of Walt hangs in the foyer.

Stained glass and vintage park renderings decorate the walls.

At night time, the exterior is lit up with the usual Disney flare.

Link to the Carnation Cafe Menu.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 02:45 PM by shyguy »
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Disneyland - Carnation Cafe
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 10:04 PM »
Beautiful blue sky above that beautiful red & white restaurant. Things look like it might've rained recently? I can't tell if these are morning or afternoon pictures; seems like morning. My sense of direction gets screwed up on these side streets. Sounds like the Cafe is at a different location than the original Carnation Ice Cream Parlor they had back-in-the-day.

I really like the 'drippy' decor on the eaves of the restrooms. And those Tiffany-style hanging lamps add a lot of elegant charm and warmth to the dining room.

About the menu: Looks like a nice variety of tasty things; kinda spendy, too.  I think I'll pass on the Fried Pickles. The first couple of bites would probably be pretty good but after that... they would likely get a little intense. Wouldn't wanna go on the Teacups with a belly full of fried pickles.

Looks like the difference between a Milk Shake and a Gourmet Milk Shake is... 50 cents.  I do wonder what the actual difference is? Not sure how a shake can be seasonal. Maybe they use some of Knott's boysenberry syrup.

Re: Disneyland - Carnation Cafe
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 09:10 AM »
I love looking at the exterior photo on the homepage... it's like an homage to all your RCT3 sets!