[WIP] Qadira - Dual Launch Coaster [Update 7]

• 11 replies
[WIP] Qadira - Dual Launch Coaster [Update 7]
« on: March 29, 2019, 03:02 AM »
Hello fellow Planet Coaster Lovers!

Time for a new project!

For a long time I wanted to try to make an as dense as possible environment and theme all around that. Well I've been able to make a coaster which is very dense so now comes the challenge of theming it.

Meet Qadira in it's first episode where we'll start theming the brakes, transfer and storage area of the dual launch coaster;

« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 02:09 AM by DwarrenIce »

Re: [WIP] Qadira - Dual Launch Coaster [Update 1]
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 02:00 AM »
Hello Fellow Planet Coaster Lovers!

Welcome back to another update of Qadira.

In this episode we'll be building the grand station which is connected to the building that we build last time. It took me the whole episode to build but I think it's worth it:

Re: [WIP] Qadira - Dual Launch Coaster [Update 2]
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 05:40 AM »
wow - very interesting how you got all that structure around the track.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 11:23 AM »
Wow, that's some excellent (and very dense :D) building and coaster.  Such a tangle of track in an awesome cathedral!  Also, great job on the transfer tracks!

I'm a bit worried about the dangling columns in the station, though.  I think it would look more structurally sound if you beefed up the arches holding them up to be bigger than the rest of the arch structure in the building.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 04:19 AM »
wow - very interesting how you got all that structure around the track.

Thanks, it's quite a challenge to fit everything together. Will probably encounter that a lot more during this build.

Wow, that's some excellent (and very dense :D) building and coaster.  Such a tangle of track in an awesome cathedral!  Also, great job on the transfer tracks!

I'm a bit worried about the dangling columns in the station, though.  I think it would look more structurally sound if you beefed up the arches holding them up to be bigger than the rest of the arch structure in the building.

Thanks and it is very dance, glad you like the cathedral. About those colums, one of our workers already died (collatoral damage). Replacement of the arches is on the to-do list but I just have to find the right thing to use. If it is too bulky it will block a lot of the view. But rest assured the wooden beams are placeholders for now  ;)

Update 3

Hello fellow Planet Coaster lovers and welcome back to another episode of Qadira

So we've got the station building covered but what happens after that. Well this coaster doesn't give you time to breathe as soon as you leave the station and fall down over an waterfall. In this episode we'll start constructing that part of the coaster , cover up some pathing and build a tower.

Offline Bylateral

• Astro
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: [WIP] Qadira - Dual Launch Coaster [Update 3]
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 12:48 PM »
Exceptional detailing, love all the curved beams, supports, and decorations that your buildings have. Props to you for custom supporting this coaster, the fact that some supports are connected to buildings, or take on strange shapes in order to not interfere, is really what's pulling this coaster's experience together. Curious to see how you plan on decorating the surrounding area.

Re: [WIP] Qadira - Dual Launch Coaster [Update 3]
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 06:44 AM »
Exceptional detailing, love all the curved beams, supports, and decorations that your buildings have. Props to you for custom supporting this coaster, the fact that some supports are connected to buildings, or take on strange shapes in order to not interfere, is really what's pulling this coaster's experience together. Curious to see how you plan on decorating the surrounding area.

Thank you so much. With the complexity of the coaster I really didn't have much of a choice, I just have to custom support. But it's fun and I can experiment with them. Let's start with a bit surrounding today ;)

Update 4

Welcome back fellow Planet Coaster Lovers!

This week we'll be starting of at the back of the station by theming the exit and the pit that you can see from there. The track drops down at this point and gets you to the second launch which we'll also be theming. And to top it off we got some big supports in position, I did those off-cam since the recording was too messy.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Qadira - Dual Launch Coaster [Update 4]
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2019, 06:33 AM »
I really like the theming and how the supports grow out of it, so they look like part of the theming instead of the 2 being jarringly separate like they usually are on my coasters :)

Also, the spiral columns holding up one of the tower roofs in the 1st couple of pics look really cool ;)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Re: [WIP] Qadira - Dual Launch Coaster [Update 5]
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2019, 02:03 AM »
I really like the theming and how the supports grow out of it, so they look like part of the theming instead of the 2 being jarringly separate like they usually are on my coasters :)

Also, the spiral columns holding up one of the tower roofs in the 1st couple of pics look really cool ;)

Thanks, at first they were a bit seperate but adding a few towers here and there makes it blend quite nicely so I'll try to keep it that way  ;)

Update 5

Hello Fellow Planet Coaster Lovers!

Welcome back to another episode of Qadira. It's been a while since the last episode because of the release of Society Park but now we're finally back at our multi-launch death trap. This time we're at the front of the station and start theming the queue. We'll also be creating an alley for the coaster where riders will pass about 4 times.

Re: [WIP] Qadira - Dual Launch Coaster [Update 6]
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2019, 04:04 AM »
Update 6

Hello fellow Planet Coaster Lovers!

Here's finally another episode of Qadira. It had been quite a while due to some vacations that I've been going on. But don't worry the project is still very much aliva as you can see:

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Qadira - Dual Launch Coaster [Update 6]
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2019, 02:38 PM »
Some really nice shots set amongst some really nice architecture. The purple track works well against the monochrome structures.

Re: [WIP] Qadira - Dual Launch Coaster [Update 7]
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2019, 02:08 AM »
Some really nice shots set amongst some really nice architecture. The purple track works well against the monochrome structures.

Thank you and yes the purple gives it a nice contrast and makes sure that the coaster is dominantly present.

Update 7

Hello fellow planet coaster lovers!

Welcome back to another update of Qadira. This week we'll be plunging into the depths and start theming the bits underneath the paths. Where reaches it's fastest point (105 km/h / 65 mph) before passing it again a couple of times.