The Weekly Ambassador 3/31/19

• 3 replies

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
The Weekly Ambassador 3/31/19
« on: March 31, 2019, 07:44 PM »
Sorry for the constant lateness and off weeks. I explain the reasoning in this edition, but I always get so much support from everyone. Thank you!

Offline Forgath

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: The Weekly Ambassador 3/31/19
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 01:28 AM »
Thank you again for the post Cody, I enjoy reading these :)

1) i don't keep track of announcements concerning theme parks (unless you call a zoo a theme park). If I visit one, I'll check their website to find news.

2) I'm looking forward to more spare time. The project I started to post about is on hold because I don't have the spare time. Playing once every 2 weeks ain't much. 

3) I'm not sure I understand your question.  You refer to large tv screens? If that is the case: I find them annoying and out of place.  I find they  add no value to a theme park.

4) the craziest thing I ever did was build a rollercoaster, added custom music to it and upload it on YouTube. It was nice to try it out.

5) I would try to create a DLC based on waterfalls.  But how it exactly should take shape is not clear that in my mind.

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 03:40 PM »
Hey Cody, thanks for the latest edition of the Weekly Ambassador!

Don't worry too much about lateness, it's all good.

1. Europa-Park posted on Facebook that they would terminate the England area due to the Brexit.  :D

2. I am looking forward to visit Europa-Park for the season opening this weekend. Can't wait to ride the revamped Can Can Coaster!

3. Not sure if I know what you mean, but I am kinda fed up with bright projections and screens and any other digital visuals in theme parks. It works fine on temporary / futuristic settings, but on a more classic theming, it's always reminding me that the world I'm visiting is not real, whereas I wanna feel like it is.

4. I once built a coaster with insane g forces.

5. I'd team up with Huss and make a DLC with a set of classic Huss rides. Especially missing a Condor - to me, the most beautiful flat ride ever created.

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 04:22 PM »
1. I didn't see anything actually...kind of sad.
2. The next DLC.
3. Initially it was all cool, but it is getting old and repetitive. I do like some of the newer stuff coming out will combine screens with real scenery. I totally get it. It way cheaper and quicker to build.
4. Before there was sharing sites like this...I would print out page after page of screen captures to share with friends and family and to post on my walls at work.
5. This is way to hard for me because I would like so much more than we have already. If I had to choose....damn, I can't do it. I have to think about this some more.