Rainbow Lake

• 10 replies
Rainbow Lake
« on: April 20, 2019, 05:25 PM »

Hey everyone! It's so nice to see a ton of familiar faces here, I've missed you guys and I'm happy to see this community still active after all these years :)

I can't remember the last time I shared a project! It feels like forever ago. Well I finally got to sit down and really learn Planet Coaster, because I was struggling with the controls and placing paths. This little park all started when I was trying to make a symmetrical little plaza around a merry-go-round, which I was having trouble with..  :facepalm: Well I finally got it right, started theming around it, and somehow ended up with Rainbow Lake! Also I'm not sure how this happened, but I took a whopping 80+ photos!!  :o

The entrance building, not worthy of the park behind it. This was one of my first buildings, I promise the buildings get better!

Other side. Has employee room, info, first aid and restrooms.

The first ride of the park, the Carousel! Yes, I thought the stall pieces were windows..  :facepalm:

Carousel entrance.

Food and drinks for the entrance plaza.

"Chill zone" to get a refreshing beverage! Security office next to it.

The first coaster of the park, Mind Eraser!

Queue line.

The midway :)

The second coaster of the park, Blazing Bat!

Blazing Bat souvenirs.

Gift shop

What I consider the icon of the park, the Star Wheel!

The first flat ride on the midway, Scizzer!

The midway finally splits off, and we head off to the area of the park for the little ones!

First restaurant!

Picture spot with the princess.

First aid, and staff building.

Stinky restrooms. Gross!

I'm so happy with how Mr. Frog's Wheel turned out! The backdrop of this ride was an eyesore, I think I covered it up pretty well.

Oozy Octopus, theming this one was a lot of fun!

Ice cream, slushies, and balloons!

And finally, the insanely popular, Dragon Mountain. Unfortunately I never got around to theming it  :(

The first drop actually lets out on the other side of the mountain.

The big double-drop!

Here's the full park

I feel the park really comes alive at night time. I love the lighting in this game!

To finally wrap up, a few evening shots  ;D

I hope you enjoyed looking at my park! Even though I'm so in love with this park, I haven't actually touched it since October as I feel like I've ran out of steam. I also have a bunch of other ideas for parks now, too. Maybe someday I'll come back and update this, but really I just wanted to share this with everyone so it didn't go to waste. Cheers!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 05:46 PM by ~Lovetulie. »

Offline cap396

• View Profile
Re: Rainbow Lake
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 05:58 PM »
Wow, that's a lot of photos.  There is a lot of good stuff here.  I especially like the carousel building and the arrangement of the vending machines.  The Bat Souvenirs is cool too.  Nice work.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 08:07 PM »
Geez! With over 80 images, I decided to take notes as I scrolled down the page:

I really like the carousel building. :)  Usually they're round, so seeing a square one is rather unique. Love the colors, the ivy hanging down, and vine motif on the columns. And those wall lamps work perfectly here.

Neat idea on the entrance plaza food & drinks stalls- adding the rock face at the base of the ordering windows.

I like how the midway water features are part man-made (rectangular) and part natural looking.

Not sure what that green pool is in the Mind Eraser queue- maybe that's where you get your mind erased. :o  Great shot of the Blazing Bat in the semi-distance with all the colorful trees in front.

Beautiful rainbow-colored gladiolas (?) around the entrance of Star Wheel. And I like all the nice parkland around Rose's Teacups. Even the park benches and trash cans look great!

Maybe the stinky restrooms wouldn't be stinky if they didn't have the green vapor oozing out. :P

And yes, that's an absolutely excellent backdrop for Mr. Frog's Wheel. I like how the queue is partly covered, partly open.

Oozy Octopus looks very happy living amongst the rockwork and the purple castle overlooking the water. Love the primary colors on the whimsical Ice cream, slushies, and balloons building.

Dragon Mountain has such an evocative name, I'm sure it would look great all themed out (hint, hint), even if you don't do anything else with the park.

Thanks for this beautiful and whimsical park Lovetulie. :)

Online Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 06:03 AM »
Welcome back, Lovetulie!!  Your park is lovely!  And I'd say that you have Planet Coaster figured out just fine.  ;)   It's looking like a REAL park!   :yes:

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 01:07 PM »
So nice to see you back, ~Lovetulie. And I'll repeat Fisherman's words in saying that it's very apparent that you have figured out the controls just fine. It's a charming little park. And maybe you'll get inspired to continue with it. I hope to see more of your work in the future.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 04:20 PM »
So nice to see you back, ~Lovetulie. And I'll repeat Fisherman's words in saying that it's very apparent that you have figured out the controls just fine. It's a charming little park. And maybe you'll get inspired to continue with it. I hope to see more of your work in the future.

Thanks for the nice words, Shyguy! It's nice to see you too!!  :D I may come back to it someday when I feel a bit more inspired!

Welcome back, Lovetulie!!  Your park is lovely!  And I'd say that you have Planet Coaster figured out just fine.  ;)   It's looking like a REAL park!   :yes:

Hey Fisherman!! Thank you! I started basing it off of Geauga Lake, my home park. :)

Wow, that's a lot of photos.  There is a lot of good stuff here.  I especially like the carousel building and the arrangement of the vending machines.  The Bat Souvenirs is cool too.  Nice work.

Yeah I went crazy on the photos!  :o I'm glad you like my buildings, hoping they get even better! Thank you :)

Geez! With over 80 images, I decided to take notes as I scrolled down the page:

I really like the carousel building. :)  Usually they're round, so seeing a square one is rather unique. Love the colors, the ivy hanging down, and vine motif on the columns. And those wall lamps work perfectly here.

Neat idea on the entrance plaza food & drinks stalls- adding the rock face at the base of the ordering windows.

I like how the midway water features are part man-made (rectangular) and part natural looking.

Not sure what that green pool is in the Mind Eraser queue- maybe that's where you get your mind erased. :o  Great shot of the Blazing Bat in the semi-distance with all the colorful trees in front.

Beautiful rainbow-colored gladiolas (?) around the entrance of Star Wheel. And I like all the nice parkland around Rose's Teacups. Even the park benches and trash cans look great!

Maybe the stinky restrooms wouldn't be stinky if they didn't have the green vapor oozing out. :P

And yes, that's an absolutely excellent backdrop for Mr. Frog's Wheel. I like how the queue is partly covered, partly open.

Oozy Octopus looks very happy living amongst the rockwork and the purple castle overlooking the water. Love the primary colors on the whimsical Ice cream, slushies, and balloons building.

Dragon Mountain has such an evocative name, I'm sure it would look great all themed out (hint, hint), even if you don't do anything else with the park.

Thanks for this beautiful and whimsical park Lovetulie. :)

Aww thank you so much! Originally I was trying to make it a round building, but wanted to keep it simple as I was in the middle of learning! Maybe I'll try for my next park. Oh and I'm happy you noticed the rainbow flowers! I actually forgot I did that lol. Maybe someday I'll go back to theme it, would love to finish that area of the park. Whimsical is basically what I was going for with this park. I appreciate your comments!

Thanks again everyone, and I hope you all had a happy Easter. :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 04:23 PM by ~Lovetulie. »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 06:32 PM »
Nice to meet you, LT!  That's quite a 1st park so yeah, you've definitely done this before ;).  The green fog in the restroom made me LOL :).
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 07:24 PM »
Whoa. Took me a while to go through this post. Lots of good work here. I especially like the faux water idea under the octopus ride. Very creative.

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2019, 12:12 PM »
Great park! Very lively! Love the Boomerang!
A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop :)
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline PatrikV

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2019, 08:16 PM »
There are lot of pictures really ;D  I know it by myself, sometimes i look for hours around and take pictures, because planet coaster is so full of cool stuff, you can play out your imagination and only some easy things looks great. But for my posts i always sort out. Your park looks really nice. I love this arrangement all around this center court. The entrance buildings look really simple , but then every building is getting better and better. The carroussel building is so cute and the "Mr. Frog's Wheel" buildung looks cool. I also like it that every ride has a special and matching buldingstyle.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2019, 01:44 PM »
Wow Lovetulie.
Welcome back. I'm so glad you've made the jump to Planet Coaster. This is a great looking park.
My favourite bits are definitely Mr Frog's Wheel and the lighting on the Star Wheel.  I'm looking forward to see what you come up with next.:)