The Magician's Forgotten Continent - Episode 4

• 30 replies

Offline TheMagician

• A Magician never reveals his tricks!
    • View Profile
The Magician's Forgotten Continent - Episode 4
« on: April 21, 2019, 10:20 AM »
Hello and Welcome to the Forgotten Continent! A small-scale compact park themed around the mythologies of Greece, Rome and Scandanavia. Highly inspired by the Lost Continent at Islands of Adventure, this Planet Coaster series will follow the creation of the themed lands and attractions. [Side note: This is not the end of Trillium Gardens, that project is still ongoing with a lot of progress made over the last couple of months, an update for that will be releasing soon!]

Episode One

Episode One saw the creation of the entrance bridge and plaza with the first shop and archway leading into the Greek Odyssey section of the park.

Watch Episode One Here:

Episode Two

Episode Two continues where the first leaves off by continuing into the Greek Odyssey section of the park, with the initial facades and restaurant welcoming guests into this new themed land.

Watch  Episode Two Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsBftfTiKoQ&feature=youtu.be

Stay tuned for more updates! Hope you all enjoyed!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 02:05 PM by TheMagician »

Online corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: The Magician's Forgotten Continent
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 10:59 AM »
Mindblowing, amazing pics! This project looks just absolutely fantastic. Thanks for the videoclips - your style of building is ultra inspiring! :o
A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop :)
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline RCTSpanky

• Old RCT fart :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 12:49 PM »
Your videos are inspiring and I decided to create my future TMT objects like walls with and without grid based on your explanations about building with or without grid. 

Offline TheMagician

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 01:02 PM »
Your videos are inspiring and I decided to create my future TMT objects like walls with and without grid based on your explanations about building with or without grid.

Thanks so much RCTSpanky! I think that’s a great idea for the future- as someone who rarely builds on the grid that flexibility is definitely well needed. I also would suggest creating 3m height variants of any wall set as it is closer to actual peep scale rather than the 4m height of general planco scale.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 01:10 PM »
Another beautiful project by TheMagician. I always love your work.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline nazmakhan

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 05:29 PM »
Wow, I am really impressed with what you did and want to try this style.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2019, 05:54 PM »
You truly ARE a magician!  Wonderful work.

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 05:45 AM »
great looking area. the buildings look awesome

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2019, 06:48 AM »
This is some of the most inspiring work I've seen in Planet Coaster recently. I've been having motivation issues with the game but this may change that. Keep it up!
visit my professional website at http://www.shaynebock.com

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2019, 02:30 PM »
Great build video. You have an impeccable skill for using pieces in the game very creatively. The end results of your builds are really unique and different as well. Nice work. 

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2019, 06:17 PM »
Yay, more cool ideas to steal!  I especially like the pics for Episode 2, which pack so much detail into such small spaces.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2019, 01:53 PM »
Wow.
Just wow.
This style is quite unique. Love it.
Warner Movie Worlds
(pardon my french!)

Offline TheMagician

• View Profile
Re: The Magician's Forgotten Continent - Episode 3
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2019, 05:30 AM »
Hello and welcome back to the Forgotten Continent!

Episode 3 is out today! Come give it a watch here:

We continue the park onto the first ride, a watercoaster/dark ride themed around the Wanderings of Odysseus from Homer's Odyssey. In this episode, we build the basic layout for the ride as well as the beginnings of the large facade that will surround the show building.

Hope you Enjoy!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2019, 06:09 AM »
This looks like it's going to turn out to be an awesome ride :).

In the meantime, I'm grooving on the weathered walls of the buildings in the foreground.  Those look to be custom, not TMT.  Good idea there ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2019, 08:04 AM »
looking great

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Park Eureka
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2019, 02:32 AM »
My word… your work is so visionary. I have no idea how you pull it off, but watching you build is truly inspiring. Thanks for sharing!!

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2019, 02:01 PM »
Gorgeous, amazing work. Every picture is so perfectly framed that you almost don't notice the meticulous craftsmanship that saturates every frame.
I love the render breaking off the walls showing the brickwork underneath. It's the little details like this, (of which there's so many) that just blow my mind.

Offline Manuuuuu

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2019, 01:10 PM »
Damn can you please put this on the workshop?  :blush: :love:

Online corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2019, 12:06 AM »
Absolutely awesome!!! So inspirational!!! Thanks so much for the video clips!!! :)
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline TheMagician

• View Profile
Re: The Magician's Forgotten Continent - Episode 4
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2019, 02:12 PM »
Episode Four - The Odyssey Part 3

Hello and welcome back to the Forgotten Continent, now 2 months on from the last video, I finally return to bring an update with all the progress around the Greek area of the park. I made the mistake of beginning this series in the weeks leading up to my big university second-year exams, but with that behind it's time to crack on with the project.

The work around the park mainly constituted cleaning the transition between the bridge and the land, extending the dark ride facade and putting work into the dark-ride itself- completing the storm section, the Lotus-eaters, and the (rough) encounter with the Cyclops.

I hope you all enjoy! Oh, and if anyone knows any good TMTK or workshop items for a Cyclops or any other creatures in the dark ride (i.e. the sirens, the lotus eaters) that would be greatly appreciated.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2019, 02:47 PM »
I love the new ride's facade, with its mixture of Greek architecture and rock formations. The interiors look great as well!
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2019, 04:34 PM »
I love that façade! It has all the classical Greek motifs but it looks bright and colorful, like we're seeing it when it was newly built. It seems to be inspired by the Journey To Atlantis ride façade (only better :)). All the screenshots are very nice but my favorites are the 2nd and last pics.

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2019, 06:45 AM »
The boat ride looks wonderful. The fourth picture is stunning. The journey begins and all people are  excited. Love that atmosphere.

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2019, 07:44 AM »
This is truly amazing! Love the entrance plaza for the ride and the façade is awesome. I am looking forward to the full pov of the ride because based on the on ride photos so far it looks like this will be something truly special.  :)

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2019, 10:09 AM »
That looks amazing!  I have no idea what colors the ancient Greeks painted their buildings but I strongly approve of the colors you've chose here.  It really looks nice and fits around the rides and paths so well.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2019, 11:12 AM »
Every time I see an update to this project it catches my eye as I am a semi-retired magician (yes, I used to cut people up and make them disappear). While the part is wonderful and looking great, I would really like to see more of a magic/magician theme throughout...not that this is bad, don't mis-read me...i love what you are doing so far.

Offline Walle_Epcot

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2019, 12:33 PM »
Truly a work of art. Everything fits so perfectly together and its not too overboard that there is a loss of realism.

Offline nazmakhan

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2019, 03:21 PM »
 It was so fun and inspirational. You're totally brilliant.

Offline Cinestri0

• Livin' Like Larry
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2019, 09:49 AM »
I like the idea of a mythology themed-park, great theming across the board and an awesome idea I've always thought about doing myself, but never had the motivation to do! I'm glad you're pulling it off!

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2019, 10:26 AM »
Every time I see an update to this project it catches my eye as I am a semi-retired magician (yes, I used to cut people up and make them disappear). While the part is wonderful and looking great, I would really like to see more of a magic/magician theme throughout...not that this is bad, don't mis-read me...i love what you are doing so far.
So I had a big "Duh" moment here...just noticed that your screen name is The Magician and the park is really "Forgotten Continent". I was reading it as "The Magician's Forgotten Continent"...like the Magician was a character or something the park was being themed around. My bad, and I'm totally on track with this park now. I do have a "magic" themed park on my list so maybe one day I will get to it.