The Magician's Forgotten Continent - Episode 6

• 39 replies
Re: The Magician's Forgotten Continent - Episode 4
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2019, 02:49 PM »
I absolutely love that last shot with the buildings just running up the cliff. Very colorful and very dynamic.

Can't wait to see more of the interior of this ride!

Offline TheMagician

• A Magician never reveals his tricks!
    • View Profile
Re: The Magician's Forgotten Continent - Episode 5
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2019, 09:56 AM »
Further dark-ride progress on two scenes for the Wanderings of Odysseus ride. The cyclops cave and the attack of the laestregonains. While limitations with the animatronics are becoming very clear, hopefully the lighting and scenery can aid the suspension of disbelief.

A shorter episode for this one, but as I leave for Greece in search of further inspiration and some sun, I hope this can help to fill the gap.

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2019, 07:33 PM »
Nice update! Love the new dark ride scenes and looking forward to seeing more.

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2019, 12:53 AM »
Just binge watched the entire series and I must say this is absolutely amazing. The amount of detail you put into every single building is just astonishing. I also love the scenes that you're creating with the darkride and the facade with the main plunge is drop dead gorgeous. Very eager to see how this whole park will plan out.

Offline matejakezman

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2019, 02:33 AM »
Oh magician, thats sooo great :O

Offline TheMagician

• A Magician never reveals his tricks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Yesterday at 11:04 AM »
Episode Six

After an inspirational trip to Greece, I'm happy to return to The Forgotten Continent with Episode Six! We take a break from the dark ride expansion to focus on the surrounding queue and themed area, with the addition of a new swinging ship ride courtesy of xRBz.

Just binge watched the entire series and I must say this is absolutely amazing. The amount of detail you put into every single building is just astonishing. I also love the scenes that you're creating with the darkride and the facade with the main plunge is drop dead gorgeous. Very eager to see how this whole park will plan out.

Thank you Dwarrenice! Really glad you enjoyed it. As this series continues to develop, I hope you enjoy the ride!

I love that façade! It has all the classical Greek motifs but it looks bright and colorful, like we're seeing it when it was newly built. It seems to be inspired by the Journey To Atlantis ride façade (only better :)). All the screenshots are very nice but my favorites are the 2nd and last pics.

Thanks, JB! I was very keen on keeping a polychrome style to the greek area, staying away from the stereotypical all-white. Journey to Atlantis is a major inspiration to me, as the only Water Coaster I've ridden, so I'm flattered by the comparison!

-The Magician

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Yesterday at 01:13 PM »
I love the architecture in that last pic. Just gorgeous.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: The Magician's Forgotten Continent - Episode 6
« Reply #37 on: Yesterday at 04:56 PM »
Watching the video, I'm struck by how fluent you are with all the ins-and-outs of PC's interface. You make building the structures look easy. That's an amazing Swinging Ship by xRBz. And your queue is filled with interesting sights, colors, and textures to keep the guests amused while waiting in line. I want to frame that last screenshot and hang it on a wall.

Offline Cinestri0

• Livin' Like Larry
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Today at 07:42 AM »
Beautiful pictures, and I love that drink stand!

Offline planetthrilldude57

• I'll be with your table in just a moment....
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Today at 11:18 AM »
Wow! This is looking amazing! I love the interior decor for the queue line. It really sets the mood/tone for the ride! Keep up the good work!  :up: