• 33 replies

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
Planet Imagination
« on: April 30, 2019, 08:00 AM »
Welcome to Planet Imagination!

Hello wonderful peeps of shyguysworld,

About two years ago (it feels like two years at least, could be less) I had this idea of doing a framerate friendly park. It was suppose to be a small park with a low piece count. It started out great with a sci fi themed area of only 8000 pieces and a main street so low on piece count it actually fitted into a blueprint (even including the castle). The idea's and inspiration i had for building things in planco in the following months didn't really fit this park, so the project went on hold for a while.

When the studio's pack came out i decided to add a studio's themed section to the park simply taking the game as an inspiration and calling it the Planet Coaster Studio's. It features rides around King Coaster (and his siblings), fantastic hats and the cobra engine). This one was a bit harder to keep the piece count low, so I decided to use a little more pieces on this zone and save on the next one.

This is were my original idea took a turn. I didn't have any idea for a while what to add next so i decided to go for the very obvious adventure theme. I had some great blueprints from other projects to set this zone up fast. Those blueprints were a little heavy on piece count so i again decided to use even more pieces than the studio's zone and save pieces on the last zone.

Then, there came an update which improved the framerate of planet coaster. So i decided to break away from the idea of building with low piece counts (even though it can be very fun, and i recommend trying it once in a while to everyone) and added the last themed area, which is simply called the workshop so everything would fit in it and allowed me to make some very imaginitive but also basic stuff. I made a video and some screenshots. It's possible you have seen some of the stuff before, i used a lot of my own blueprints from other parks and projects.

Anyway, without further ado:

I know some of you don't like edited screens, so here are the unedited ones:

Cheers, Coastercad

Let your imagination take you to take great places.

Re: Planet Imagination
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 09:04 AM »
wow - looks great and if some of these areas you are showing are low piece counts...I can't tell. it all looks very detailed.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 01:27 PM »
Congrats on finally finishing this park!  (pops champagne)

There's a lot of really spectacular stuff in here, which the brief appearances in the video an these few pics didn't show enough of.  I hope you show more of it in the future, or upload the park.  Must. See.  More.  :D.  Especially the giant robot track support.  Wow...
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 03:29 PM »
I really like the Medieval Main Street concept. And I love the Arabian Nights style entryway. Maybe I'm just being dense, but... what the heck is that burning rock thingy in the sci-fi area? Oh, and I liked how you ended the video with a still image; don't know why really, it just struck me as a neat artistic choice.

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 06:21 PM »
ooh, I really like the shot of King Ghoster's Tower.  Very Hollywood Hotel but an original structure with more sinister architecture (the colors and lighting help with spookiness as well.)

It's like you took a bunch of Disney influences throughout but made them all better.  Really looking forward to a workshop download on this because the video only made me want to ride the coasters (and that dark ride) even more.

Offline PatrikV

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 01:57 PM »
The name of this Park perfectly match. This looks really fantastic. Such many details and so many cool ideas, great!

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 01:07 AM »
Thanks all.

Congrats on finally finishing this park!  (pops champagne)

There's a lot of really spectacular stuff in here, which the brief appearances in the video an these few pics didn't show enough of.  I hope you show more of it in the future, or upload the park.  Must. See.  More.  :D.  Especially the giant robot track support.  Wow...

Thanks Bullethead. Dont'worry there will be more video's and screenshots of this park. I still need to do some minor things before uploading the park, but it will be on the workshop at some point in the near future.

I really like the Medieval Main Street concept. And I love the Arabian Nights style entryway. Maybe I'm just being dense, but... what the heck is that burning rock thingy in the sci-fi area? Oh, and I liked how you ended the video with a still image; don't know why really, it just struck me as a neat artistic choice.

Thanks JB. The burning rock is suppose to be a meteor/comet. Hope that makes sense now :).

And a new screenshot:

The unedited one:

Cheers Coastercad
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 03:06 AM by CoasterCad »

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 05:27 AM »
love that 'going through the gates' look

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2019, 06:55 AM »
That's a nifty pic (I prefer the unedited one as it's easier to see the details and my eyeballs don't make lens flares :D).

So, what do you call this area?  My own suggestion is "Art Class Rebellion", where somebody much like me, with no creativity at all, finally gets frustrated and smashes the colored pencils with a big hammer  :up:

BTW, the pencils are very nicely done.  Too bad they're not long for this world :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Redhair

• Can't... Stop... Playing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2019, 06:49 AM »
You, Coastercad, are creating a masterpiece  :o

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2019, 02:37 PM »
As you know, I always love your stuff and this is no exception.
Loads of lovely stuff on show and I spotted in the video another darkride. POV? Hint, hint ;)

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2019, 05:21 AM »
This is fantastic! What an amazing park!! :)
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2019, 04:39 AM »
Thanks everyone for your replies.

That's a nifty pic (I prefer the unedited one as it's easier to see the details and my eyeballs don't make lens flares :D).

So, what do you call this area?  My own suggestion is "Art Class Rebellion", where somebody much like me, with no creativity at all, finally gets frustrated and smashes the colored pencils with a big hammer  :up:

BTW, the pencils are very nicely done.  Too bad they're not long for this world :)

I just leave the area name workshop and add a little something. So someone like you, who is very creative despite his own claims, doesn't have to be frustrated. A writer's pen for those so very creative with words.

Let's go into the workshop and take a look at our first ride.

Welcome to Coastercad's Into Imagination.

Well, i don't have much to say about this ride. It's not a very traditional ride, nor does it have a general theme and it's just plain weird. It's kind of slow as well and you have no idea what's going on (try to sit it out trough the end if you are wondering what exactly is happening in this ride).

As you know, I always love your stuff and this is no exception.
Loads of lovely stuff on show and I spotted in the video another darkride. POV? Hint, hint ;)

Most dark ride shots from the intro video where from another ride, but i hope you enjoy this one as well!

Some screens:

Cheers

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2019, 08:33 AM »
Wow, that's spectacularly beautiful!  And lots of very clever construction tricks, too!

At first I thought it was like "Wallace and Gromit vs. the Wererabbit", but then I saw the finished product.  That's quite a chariot and I enjoyed the story when it finally made sense.  I think it has a personal ring to it, as the moral seems to be that it's OK to steal ideas to fuel your imagination :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2019, 10:31 AM »
Fantastic ride video... I'm amazed!!! :o That must have taken you hundreds of hours to build... I love how big you have built everything. The decoration and scenes are absolutely top notch!!! :)
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2019, 10:25 AM »
Thanks guys :).

Wow, that's spectacularly beautiful!  And lots of very clever construction tricks, too!

At first I thought it was like "Wallace and Gromit vs. the Wererabbit", but then I saw the finished product.  That's quite a chariot and I enjoyed the story when it finally made sense.  I think it has a personal ring to it, as the moral seems to be that it's OK to steal ideas to fuel your imagination :)

I consider it an honor if my idea's are "stolen"  :D

So far so good, let's move on to the another area of the park, the Planet Coaster Studio's.

Take a ride on king ghoster's tower and experience this spooky story about King Coaster. The once so beloved King Coaster lived in a beautiful tower. However, grim reaper came knocking and the tower fell into decay. It is now a place of death and ghostliness.

And some screens (both edited and unedited)

Thanks for reading and watching

Cheers,

Coastercad

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2019, 10:58 AM »
nice work (like I said on the other forum)....any tips on how to get the trigger to work so perfectly on this ride. Whats the secret?

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2019, 08:40 PM »
Cool ride.  I really liked the little details such as Skeleton A grabbing Skeleton B by the ankles to keep Skeleton B from escaping the cauldron, and the peek-a-boo ghosts around King Ghoster's tombstone ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2019, 10:32 PM »
I like the toothy face on the outside of the tower, which can only be seen from certain angles. And I too, liked the ghosts peeking out from behind the tombstone.

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2019, 04:36 AM »
Brilliant in every way! So beautiful and harmonic compositions. The colors and details, all the different varitey in themes and the attention to realism is wonderful! The cave picture is my favorite.The is some kind of dynamic in this pictures...don´t know how to explain.

greetz
zeroG
FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW YOU

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2019, 02:59 PM »
The tower ride is excellent. Perfectly executed and beautifully detailed scenes inside... or I should say "spookily" detailed. ;)
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2019, 07:24 AM »
SO well done.  The ride and the video.

As Wowman observed, triggers on this ride are an absolute nightmare.  You dodged a few bullets by not having doors in front of every scene, but there's still plenty of timed animations to make for a fantastic experience.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2019, 05:06 PM »
Really nicely done!

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2019, 12:19 PM »
Nice use of that kind of ride. I like the different scenes and the whole setting. The tower looks fantastic. The scenes are well timed to the ride. But the soundtrack and some sound effects could have been better.

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2019, 12:56 PM »
Thanks everyone

Nice use of that kind of ride. I like the different scenes and the whole setting. The tower looks fantastic. The scenes are well timed to the ride. But the soundtrack and some sound effects could have been better.

I kinda of forgot to do sound effects on this ride haha, so you are very right about that!.

It's a long time since I made this ride, but I remember using a stopwatch and a blocnote to get the timing of the triggers right.

Here's the list of timings on the triggers. Once you go up and down every scene is connected to a display sequencer for, one for each room. Hope this may help you guys a bit.

Cheers.

Coastercad

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2019, 12:58 PM »
The park is now on the steam workshop for those interested in visiting:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1780063009

I'll try to get some screens and videos soon.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2019, 04:02 PM »
The park is now on the steam workshop for those interested in visiting

Schweet!  I'll give it a look when time permits :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2019, 08:06 AM »
Hey guys,

Got another update today. Let's explore a bit of Plancoventura, the adventure area of the park.

Want to find out what's inside the vulcano? Take a ride on expedition:

And some bonus screens from another corner of the park:

Cheers

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2019, 10:38 AM »
Nice log ride. - I especially like the large cave opening idea with the plants hanging. Very natural looking

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2019, 12:14 PM »
Quite a beautiful log ride!  I really like the alternation between dark and light, and the scenery is great throughout, including good sightlines of the rest of the park in the distance.

The sculpture over the door leading to the final big lift.......  Is this the lost temple of Hello Kitty? :D
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page