Planet Imagination

• 37 replies

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Planet Imagination
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2019, 04:12 PM »
Very fun ride! Lots and lots of theming. The final drop actually caught me by surprise. And I liked the columns lining the drop; it made the log seem like it was going even faster than it was. The two screenshots are beautiful. :)

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2019, 05:12 PM »
Oh my goodness.  I just spent an hour exploring the park.  I am speechless.  You guys must get the park and look around.  So many surprises.  Into Imagination took my breath away.  Such an amazing story.  And the way you used the time shift sequencer thing in it is awesome.  The biggest surprise was the entire darkride buried under the park!  Nightmares was truly terrifying.  You should be proud, CoasterCad!!

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2019, 09:22 AM »
Thanks everyone :).

Oh my goodness.  I just spent an hour exploring the park.  I am speechless.  You guys must get the park and look around.  So many surprises.  Into Imagination took my breath away.  Such an amazing story.  And the way you used the time shift sequencer thing in it is awesome.  The biggest surprise was the entire darkride buried under the park!  Nightmares was truly terrifying.  You should be proud, CoasterCad!!

Thanks, i am really happy you took some  time to explore my park. There's a lot more to it than the video's and screenshots show. Thank you for the compliments. It's especially great to read these lovely words from someone who's projects i very much admire. Glad you liked the park :).

Some screenshots from the Coaster Planet area:

Cheers
Let your imagination take you to take great places.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2019, 01:59 PM »
I love the mixture of tropical landscaping and sci-fi in those screenshots. Your parks are always so unique and imaginative.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Online Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2019, 03:11 PM »
Many apologies, but I've finally got caught up with this thread. I've missed loads!

Into Imagination: As usual, the theming is impeccable. I loved the bunnys and the story. Nasty jewel thieves. It always makes me smile how you throw the most random pieces together and make magic though. I also thought the net made out of rope to catch the rabbits was very clever. In fact, that whole scene was so brilliant with how you used the natural light flooding down through the hole to light the scene.

King Ghoster's Tower: I love how the castle itself doesn't look like a castle. It has a very Coastercad fantasy aesthetic that is very much your style. I also liked how it didn't look like a typical Tower of  Terror ride. But inside. I was chuckling through the whole ride. Every scene was stuffed with detail and humour. And my god, the sequenced effects!!! If I seen this before we went to Efteling the other week, I would have bought you even more beer as I don't know how you had the patience. Really, really excellent.

Expedition: Beautiful. Again, you put your own spin on adventure theming. I was pretty blown away with the indoor sections especially and the theming on the lift hills was fab. But the final drop with the theming actually made my jaw drop :)

And the new area is looking very exciting. Can't wait to see what that brings.

Brilliant stuff, my friend

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2019, 02:13 PM »
I love the mixture of tropical landscaping and sci-fi in those screenshots. Your parks are always so unique and imaginative.

Thanks Shyguy.

Many apologies, but I've finally got caught up with this thread. I've missed loads!

Into Imagination: As usual, the theming is impeccable. I loved the bunnys and the story. Nasty jewel thieves. It always makes me smile how you throw the most random pieces together and make magic though. I also thought the net made out of rope to catch the rabbits was very clever. In fact, that whole scene was so brilliant with how you used the natural light flooding down through the hole to light the scene.

King Ghoster's Tower: I love how the castle itself doesn't look like a castle. It has a very Coastercad fantasy aesthetic that is very much your style. I also liked how it didn't look like a typical Tower of  Terror ride. But inside. I was chuckling through the whole ride. Every scene was stuffed with detail and humour. And my god, the sequenced effects!!! If I seen this before we went to Efteling the other week, I would have bought you even more beer as I don't know how you had the patience. Really, really excellent.

Expedition: Beautiful. Again, you put your own spin on adventure theming. I was pretty blown away with the indoor sections especially and the theming on the lift hills was fab. But the final drop with the theming actually made my jaw drop :)

And the new area is looking very exciting. Can't wait to see what that brings.

Brilliant stuff, my friend

Thanks Nemmie, glad you love the rides. Don't worry about the beer, you can get me more next time  :shifty:.

The next ride is best not to be watched before going to sleep.

Standing on top of the windmill, a great view of the square in front of the Entrance of Dreams and Nightmares

A zoomed out view of the same square from another angle.

Choose your ride, do you like magical dreams, beautiful forests and great castles or do you prefer horrible nightmares, the dark pits of hell and giant spiders crawling over your face?

The queu line of nightmares

Turns out some prefer the sights of abandoned graveyards over drinking tea with the fairy's.

You can try to count all the horrifying creatures in this cave, but when you do, just remember that you've not seen the one coming from behind you.

Hold your breath (even if your not scared, it's an underwater scene!)

Princess Amelie had a make over of some sorts.

I figured i'd best ruin your immersion (so you might be able to sleep tonight) and show your this technical shot. I wanted to do a floating effect for the princess (ofcourse you can just float things ingame but that feels like cheating) So i decided to only half cheat and put her on on a glass stand :P. I only do this sometimes with floating stuff, i don't mind hiding spotlights in walls and rocks for example (feel free to discuss).

Another random scene (that's beauty of taking a theme such as nightmares, you can do all the random stuff you think of)

Yeah, we all know where we going.

Cheers and sweet dreams

Let your imagination take you to take great places.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2019, 03:16 PM »
Great concept, putting the Nightmares and Dreams rides/queues side-by-side. We start off walking merrily in the queue no matter which one we take.
But then... if we chose Nightmares, we descend into the dark and dank catacombs on our way to the ghastly pits of Hell!

Some really nice, well, not nice, but terrifying, eerie, spooky, and disturbing imagery here.

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2019, 07:25 AM »
This ride needs more attention. It´s a great darkride with many different great scenes. Some shocking scenes a swell. I loved to ride, it´s an immersive experience. The sound editing is good and the scenes are different and detailed. Great job on that!