PARK EUREKA Unfinished -- Soon on the Workshop!

• 45 replies

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Park Eureka
    • View Profile
    • PARK EUREKA
PARK EUREKA Unfinished -- Soon on the Workshop!
« on: May 01, 2019, 01:43 PM »

Welcome to Eureka! Not much of a skyline to speak of right now, but that'll change over time.

Little detail shot of the Welcome Plaza. The Parisian-styled kiosk was once built for another project, but I think it fits nicely here.

Still a ton of detailing to be done, and I'm not too sure about the extremely generic buildings flanking the arches, but I also don't want to go all overboard with elaborate theming here. Maybe generic is just fine?

See you next time!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 01:58 PM by Berlin87 »

Re: [WIP] EUREKA: Humble Beginnings (1 May)
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 02:27 PM »
looks great - love that last shot

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 03:08 PM »
Looks great so far, Berlin!  I think the whole thing looks fine even if you consider it "generic".  Looking forward to seeing this develop.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 03:23 PM »
The buildings next to the arches have a nice contemporary look and feel. Unless you want them to reflect a specific theme, I think they look great, as is. :)  I guess it depends on what purpose they serve in the park. Right now they're a generic entryway, sort of like Disneyland's hub/plaza surrounded by the differently themed 'lands'. A non-themed area that leads to all the other lands. Maybe that's what you're going for here?

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 12:04 PM »
Super realistic as always.  Anxious to see what direction this takes you (and us!)   :up:

Offline Cinestri0

• Livin' Like Larry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 12:12 PM »
It is pretty unreal that I actually had to double take to see if those were real pictures or P.C. pictures lol. Phenomenal work.

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Park Eureka
    • View Profile
    • PARK EUREKA
Re: [WIP] EUREKA: A Splash of Colour (5 May)
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 09:25 AM »
@ wowman -- thank you!
@ bullethead -- Much appreciated! I decided to stick with the generic buildings
@ JB -- I agree with your line of thinking. They are fine as they are right now.
@ JPAlmight -- Thank you! Glad you like it
@ Cinestrio -- Haha, I have to admit that the in-game filters also do miracles!

Some fresh shots today of recently finished, colourful projects

A cozy corner serving French delicatesse

Le Vingt 27 Sept is situated right next to a drop tower. Screams and snails!

A bit further down the path, we find 99 Colours, a famous chain.

Don't forget to get your caricature taken by Old Joe - he's pretty good!

Thank you for commenting and for visiting - see you next time!

Offline Montu.

• aka HL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 11:49 AM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again I love that 99 colors building. The backdrop next to the tables is great.

Really enjoying all the small details in this. The electrical box and wires on le vingt 27, the generator next to the drop tower, and the pcoaster caricatures. Everything is great so far.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2019, 01:31 PM »
Your screenshots always look like real photographs. And it's not just any filters you may be using. The way you compose the shots and the attention to detail and realism make even the most simplest building look beautiful. I love the little caricature stand, too. That's something I don't think I've seen anyone else do.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2019, 05:09 PM »
"Screams and snails!"  Great marketing slogan :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2019, 10:04 PM »
The Le Vingt 27 Sept image: It's amazing how something as simple as a few vines on the wall can really bring the scene to life. And like the others have said- the artsy editing on the caricature images is clever and a joy to behold.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2019, 03:41 PM »
Great details, great compositions on the shots and great balance of colours.
Amazing as always

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Park Eureka
    • View Profile
    • PARK EUREKA
Re: [WIP] EUREKA: There's A New Superhero In Town (13 May)
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2019, 07:08 AM »
@montu -- thank you so much, I am really glad you like 99 Colours! I wanted to go with something generic but fun. Also, thanks for noticing all the little details. I put so much love into this project :o)

@shyguy -- thank you! And you are right, a bad picture can't be saved with a 1000 filters, so I always make sure I choose the right angle, lighting, etc. That is 90% of the work, by the way. The rest is just a matter of downgrading a bit of the vibrancy, shadows, etc.

@Bullet -- ha, thanks! Park Eureka recently hired Bullet & Head Communications Ltd. to come up with their snazzy slogans

@JB -- I agree about the vines! While I appreciate builders using hundreds of pieces for one facade, I think simplicity has its own, unique attraction :o) And thank you for your nice words about the caricature stand!

@Nemmie -- good to 'see' you again! Thank you, thank you.

Just a small but significant update this time, as it took me more than a week to come up with something nice for this part of the park:
Meet another new ip at Park Eureka: WHOOSH!

Whoosh is a wildly popular superhero, starring in a series of live-action movies produced by Eureka Pictures.

More pics of the Whoosh roller coaster + more in the next update – see ya!

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2019, 07:50 AM »
Love the look of the new ride. Its great that you have the custom sign/poster and emblem in the loop. That photo almost looks real!

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2019, 12:20 AM »
More pics of the Whoosh roller coaster + more in the next update – see ya!
Can't wait! This is so inspiring!!!

The Vingt Sept is a genuine, beautiful looking building! Your style of park building is so amazing and inspiring and every picture is pure art and so much pleasure to look at! :)
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2019, 05:13 AM »
You and your skills...  :drool:

Really like the palette on this... you somehow got to use red and green without remotely making me feel a Christmas vibe.  And the branding elements here are fantastic:  Signage, logos, custom path lights, and using build mode walls and roofs in a unique way that that comes across realistically.  So much to see and drool on from just one photo... 

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2019, 07:57 AM »
Wow, you're a graphic artist as well an expert builder.  I'm jealous ;)  That superhero is genius!
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Park Eureka
    • View Profile
    • PARK EUREKA
Re: [WIP] EUREKA: July Update
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2019, 11:08 AM »
Hi everybody, it's been a while! Work on Park Eureka is progressing slowly but surely. Today I'm sharing 6 new pics with you. Enjoy!

"WOOSH!" has become the face of Park Eureka - for now..

"Bonkers", a dodgems ride, is situated next to the 99 Colours store. I imagine it's been there since the early days.

Just passed Bonkers we find the Americana food court with "American Eagle" as its centre point

The statue on top of the "Tropic" river rapids ride forms what Walt Disney would call a 'weenie'

I'll dedicate a big portion of the next update to "Tropic"

And we'll also get to explore what's right around the corner..

See you next time!!

@wowmanrct -- Thank you! Took me a while to come up with a name, but I think this works

@corkscrewloop -- Cheers! I modeled Vingt Sept after an existing building, just can't remember in which park I saw it

@JPAlmight -- Cheers! I also like the flashy green vs the robust red. Thank you, I am really pleased you liked that pic

@Bullethead -- I wouldn't call myself an artist, but it conveys the message, haha. Cheers man!

Offline matejakezman

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2019, 11:38 AM »
The creator of scenes is back. Love the park Berlin. The Dodgem facade is tacky in a good way! Keep on going!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2019, 01:26 PM »
The building style of this park is simple and subdued, yet still masterfully designed and beautifully presented.

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2019, 01:21 PM »
Nice update! Looking forward to seeing the Tropic Rapids Ride.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2019, 12:13 PM »
Another fantastic update. It has a real, genuine theme park feel too.
I love how again, all the shots are beautifully composed. You always present your parks so perfectly. But you're a massive tease. I always find myself staring into the smallest sections looking for what details are in there.
I'd love to see some more pics of the Whoosh and Bonkers and the buildings. Every picture leaves me wanting more.

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2019, 01:15 PM »
I love those new pictures! The bonkers building with the light stripes is fantastic, the pathwork and decoration is amazing, the atmosphere perfect... I would like to visit this park immediatly and I agree with Nemmie... Definitely want to see more... more details and more of this fantastic ambiance! A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop :)

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2019, 12:09 AM »
In terms of the style and atmosphere you are creating here, you are nearing perfection. What a good looking park, awesome screens!
Let your imagination take you to take great places.

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Park Eureka
    • View Profile
    • PARK EUREKA
Re: [WIP] EUREKA: Tropic Adventure
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2019, 07:02 AM »
By popular demand, we will explore the TROPIC ADVENTURE river rapids ride.

This passage connects the oldest part of the project with the recent addition. You can tell I was still trying to find my way here, with little bits and pieces added over time. I am very fond of the custom lanterns, which I made of various TMTK pieces.

Normally, I wouldn't plop a big scenery piece down like that and call it a day, but this Adventure DLC is just so good!! Should probably cover up those bollards…

Bird's eye perspective…

The queue actually pulls you away from the main building, following the river rapid's curve. Decided to cut out this little part so that those in line could watch the dingy boats splash down.

Theming is surprisingly light, even though the area looks pretty lush.

Walk bridge that takes guests to the last part of the queue before they embark on their wild, tropical adventure… The waterfalls get deactivated right before the dingy goes underneath the bridge.

View from the queue, as dusk is setting in. Watch the little weenie on the left: That's the Woosh roller coaster!

A serene little part where riders just get to gawk at all the scenery surrounding them…

…but not for long!!

The interior for the tunnel isn't finished yet — I'm contemplating turning the tunnel into a cave filled with crystals… For now, we'll just continue our journey up.

As the sun slowly sets, the jungle gets illuminated by carefully placed gas lanterns. Watch the snake wrapping itself around the water pipe in the back!

A little waterfall scene. I really like the tiny scale here. Sadly, it's hard to create convincing waterfalls, so this will have to do…

A last surprise before being drawn up, back into the station! Roarrrrrrrr!

——

Last but not least, here's a shot showing you more of the new area, with the very lush TROPIC ADVENTURE in the front:

@matejakezman: I knew you would appreciate the tackiness!

@shyguy: You've seen my builds evolve over the past ten (!) years, but I always try to keep it simple and low in piece count. Good angles are half the work here :-)

@darknight: Much appreciated! Hope you like it.

@nemmie: Hello old friend. Thank you so much for your very kind words. I'll add some shots of the Woosh and Bonkers structures in an in-between update, I promise.

@corkscrewloop: Thank you!! I wasn't sure about the light strips, but they seem to work. Honestly, I believe the new area will feel a lot more cohesive, but we'll see what you think about it :)

@coastercad: Thank you! What a beautiful compliment.

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2019, 08:37 AM »
Tropic Adventure makes a very nice addition to the park. Love the picture with the waterfalls and I like your idea of turning the tunnel into the cave of crystals. Keep up the good work!

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2019, 01:53 PM »
That last shot with the view from above is absolutely amazing. I zoomed in to full size and enjoyed all your amazing details you have put in that park. Very impressive, I'm thrilled... :o And the river rafting ride is so very cool too!  :D

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2019, 02:01 PM »
That aerial shot looks so photo-realistic! Great work, as always.

Offline Twisted

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2019, 07:55 PM »
Wow those rapids are looking amazing!
Love the attention to detail you got in the park
Also WOOSH is looking like a great coaster to ride
Keep up the great work!

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2019, 12:59 PM »
Brilliant addition to this glorious park. Those rapids look beautiful and really fun. It's very cleverly designed how all the foliage gives the ride a separate, secluded feel like it's lost in the jungle when it's in reality, right there in the middle of this vibrant park.
Amazing.