Planet Zoo - Zoo design

• 17 replies
Planet Zoo - Zoo design
« on: May 06, 2019, 10:29 AM »
Wasn't sure really where to share this...so decided to put it here.
I will be doing a video series on zoo design and redesign using a local zoo I grew up with as the study example.
Hope you enjoy and can learn something from this as you start to play the new game coming out in the fall.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Planet Zoo - Zoo design
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 01:49 PM »
Glad somebody's getting this game.  It'll be nice to get some good data on it.  I'm not much interested in running a zoo but I wouldn't mind breeding up the best strain of fighting chickens :)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 07:31 PM »
Glad somebody's getting this game.  It'll be nice to get some good data on it.  I'm not much interested in running a zoo but I wouldn't mind breeding up the best strain of fighting chickens :)
Jury is still out if I'm actually going to get the game (don't want to many distractions from PlanCo if I can help it...but you never know). I'm just talking about zoo design in anticipation, but to also give others something to start thinking about.

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 04:06 PM »
Here is Episode 2 - Big Cats

I also mention a few video clips in my post and here are the links to them.

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 11:46 AM »
Here is Episode 3 - Bear, Bison and Wolves. Enjoy and hope you learn something from this.

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 12:10 PM »
Here are a few other videos that show off this area of the zoo.
After watching this video it was confirmed that the bears to rotate between the three enclosures...much like I believed what was indicated for the future changes for the big cats. This gives each animal 3x the exposure to new environments.

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 08:56 PM »
Not gonna lie I am super excited for Planet Zoo. This game will be great, and I think all of your concepts with your research are impressive. It definitely shows the care everyone has for their creations when pulling real world examples into our works. Marvelous job everyone!  :D :D :D

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2019, 12:50 PM »
Next episode is ready - Primates

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2019, 08:54 AM »
Here is Episode 5 - Habitat Africa

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2019, 06:08 AM »
will definitly watch this videos. you should check out the elephant enclosure from my local zoo (zurich Zoo in Switzerland) its the newest build in our zoo, but soon there will be a whole new african area.

Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2019, 06:40 AM »
will definitly watch this videos. you should check out the elephant enclosure from my local zoo (zurich Zoo in Switzerland) its the newest build in our zoo, but soon there will be a whole new african area.
Wow - that looks great for the animals. large and very interactive for them. The deep swimming option is so cool. its amazing that an animal that large can just swim like that. the huge bright indoor building with no cages is also awesome.

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2019, 08:29 PM »
Episode 6 - Pachyderms

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2019, 09:21 PM »
Episode 7 - Feathers n Scales

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2019, 02:39 PM »
And here is Episode 8 - Sea Animals

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2019, 12:03 PM »
Last of the zoo design series. General zoo stuff.

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2019, 02:07 AM »
woohoo SGW Community!

Hope you are doing all well. Iam "back" in bizz. Well not really back, but still iam here. I converted totally to simracing since the start of the year. but soon there will be planetzoo, so my question is, will there be a Planetzoo forum over here at SGW?

Hope to see some nice zoos from the sgw community in the future!

cu all soon!
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2019, 03:08 PM »
I started building this zoo today using the future master plan as my guide. I'm sure there will be some limitations, but I will try to replicate as best I can. I will start a separate thread for it once there is/if there is a place to do so.

:)

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2019, 03:20 PM »
I will start a separate thread for it once there is/if there is a place to do so.
The new Planet Zoo board is the place for your thread. ;)  It's for posting parks, discussions, tutorials, and anything else pertaining to PZ.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot