WASTE LANDS - The Rescue | Chapter III – Skull Gang – Escape the Outpost

• 29 replies

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
I don´t know where I have to put this thread at the PlanCo Boards. This will be a project with different sandboxes, blueprints and probably no all including park in the end. Please, feel free to move it. Thank you very much!

It´s time for me to think outside the box with PlanCo.
I remember the times from RCT ( probably miss) when I used the game not only for what it was created: To build a theme park simulation.
When I came to PlanCo it was my first goal to build my MARVEL Indoor park and a realistic theme park. I am done with the Indoor park and I am on to my realistic park project with the current PEP - Studios presentation.

But now I want to create something I´ve never tried in PlanCo but in RCT3.
You may have realized over the years I am big fan to apocalyptic scenerys, movies, comic books and that kind of visual illustration.
This time I try to tell my own apocalyptic story.
The goal is to tell the story through the pictures and don´t underline them with a written storyline.
I hope I will get that.
Maybe you can tell me during the time if you still into it.  ;)
If not maybe you like the pictures and don´t care abot a story...

It was great and a big fun to create the first pictures. It´s so nice that you can build such things with the games and use objects in a different way instead they were created for. Never thought I could use a sprinkler for mechanical motor details....
Here we go.

WASTE LANDS - Chapter 1

« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 04:29 AM by zeroG »
FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW YOU

Offline Cinestri0

• Livin' Like Larry
    • View Profile
Re: WASTE LANDS
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 09:09 AM »
It all looks very real and the attention to detail is really nice! I'd love to see more of what you're going for with this.

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 10:03 AM »
Oh wow. That´s something different. This is really thinking outside the box. The truck looks fantastic. I can recognize so many objects that were used in a different way than that were created for. It´s a huge task to create something like that. The surrounding presents the truck in the best way and the image editing as well.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 12:33 PM »
WOWZERS!!!! Very Fury Road. You can even make post-apocalyptic stuff look beautiful.

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 01:24 PM »
I saw the pics before I saw whose thread this was, but I knew right away once I saw them.   :drool:

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 02:03 PM »
Mad Max came by looking for his truck.  He had murder in his eye so might want to give it back ;)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 05:59 PM »
Love the (partial) airplane welded onto the back of the truck. That's just the sort of thing you'd expect to see in a post-apocalyptic world; making use of everything, any way you can.

So, the truck is barreling through the Wasteland. But what is its destination, I wonder? Who's driving the truck? Are they meeting someone?... Perhaps the answers to these questions will come in future updates. We'll be waiting as the story unfolds.

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 06:50 AM »
Sweet - very Mad Max looking and so realistic the way you captured these shots.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2019, 02:10 PM »
At first glance, it doesn't even look like Planet Coaster until you look closely and recognize the in-game pieces. Great stuff!
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
Re: WASTE LANDS | Chapter II
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2019, 11:20 AM »
WASTE LANDS - Chapter II

I really appreciate all the great comments a lot. That´s still very motivating to build on...

Spoiler (hover to show)

Re: WASTE LANDS - Chapter II
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2019, 12:41 PM »
these make me drool - love the gas mask...would love to see it up closer

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2019, 01:44 PM »
I really like all the detailed guts in that airplane wing; how that one engine is hanging by a thread. I'm picturing how the side door of the truck swings up and out with all the hydraulics and such. Love the detailed interior of the truck. And I like the lean-to canvas shelter they threw together.

Okay, so now we know there are (at least) two people driving through the Wasteland in their 'Franken-truck'. They come across the wreckage of a jet and make camp. I bet they can find some useful stuff in that wreckage. Sitting next to a campfire out here in the middle of nowhere-  quite a lot of storytelling without using any words. :)

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2019, 03:18 PM »
Daaaaaaayyyyyyyuuuuuuummmmmmnnnnnn.........   :o

Where to start?  OK, 1st thing that jumped out at me was the confusion of tenses applied to the word "apocalypse".  This scene, despite the landscape being the exact polar opposite of SE Asian jungle, immediately reminded me most of a scene from Apocalypse Now, where the PBR passes under the rear fuselage of a crashed B-52.  So if the 1960s was when the apocalypse happened, then Mad Max is definitely post-apocalypse.  But OTOH, here I am still with central air conditioning and I personally believe the apocalypse was 1914-1918, when the version of Western Civilization that had existed since the Renaissance suddenly crashed horribly, but we got over it.  So maybe the apocalypse really hasn't happened yet but will at some point between now and Mad Max?  Or maybe Mad Max is caught up in it and it's really "Apocalypse Now" for him?

The second thing that jumped out at me was THAT's FRIGGIN' AWESOME!  I love the graphic novel presentation without captions ;).  And there's so much mystery!  Who would stick his head into an ambient speaker?  What sound  effect is the ambient speaker playing?  And what sort of deal with the Devil does it take to be able to think of sticking an ambient speaker on an animatronic's head?  I might be interested in similar terms  :euro:

« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 03:20 PM by Bullethead »
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2019, 03:30 PM »
wow nice. I love apocalyptic themes. nice atmosphere and totally your style!
excited for more
it reminds me of the movie "Snowpiercer" but only in sand desert lol
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 03:32 PM by ImagineerTim »

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2019, 04:24 PM »
Mind-blowingly amazing and beautiful again. Why are you so damned good at this game? :)

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2019, 05:36 PM »
I don't recognize most of the pieces you've used for this.  My brain can't process it.

These look like toys I would have loved to play with as a kid.  But way better than anything Kenner or Hasbro ever came up with...

Offline PatrikV

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2019, 09:26 AM »
Whoah that is so great. I can't realize how many parts you used only in this one scene. Really stunning pics :o 

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2019, 08:58 AM »
The Outpost

Spoiler (hover to show)

Your comments pushing me to the egde...thank you all for that!

« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 09:01 AM by zeroG »

Re: WASTE LANDS - The Outpost
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2019, 09:40 AM »
It's like stills from a movie, all ordered in sequence.  I really want to see that movie  :w00t:

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2019, 12:40 PM »
this is unbelievable. I can't even figure out what most of the pieces are that you are using. Does not even look like this could be coming from PC.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2019, 03:46 PM »
So our pair of travelers/survivors have come across a cobbled-together outpost. Maybe this is their home and they're returning after a scavenging trip. At first, it looks like a pile of useless junk. But up close we can see motors, belts, cables and pipes, etc.-  all working together and serving useful purposes. I wonder what that communication tower(?) is all about?

I love how you introduce the outpost/camp/shelter from a distance and then gradually get closer and show us all the detail, zeroG. Like JP said, these are like a sequence of movie stills. I like the Route 66/Hotel sign and the Jamba Juice sign (business has probably been pretty slow lately :P). At least we know this place is on Earth... or do we? Aliens could have transported all this stuff to some planet in a galaxy far, far away.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2019, 06:08 AM »
Another tour de force of Mad Max architectural tumble.  I love the signs for the motel :).  They really should hire you to design the sets and props for the next Mad Max movie ;)

Just a nit about the "Historic Route 66" sign....  It's the correct shape for that road, being the shield with the narrow waist and the square shoulders.  However, the colors are off.  US Route signs have a white background with black letters and numbers.  The signs with the red top and blue bottom, with white numbers, are the Interstates, which use the heart-shaped shield with the scalloped top edge.

Route 66 is called "Historic" these days because it no longer exists.  It was mostly built over by several new Interstate highways which bear their own names, and as a result was dropped from the US Highway System.  Some of the old Route 66 pavement still exists where it goes through the middle of small towns that the Interstates bypassed, and the locals have hung "Historic Route 66" signs on them.  But these are now state or county roads, not part of the federal system.  Thus, the original word "ROUTE" in the top part of the sign has been replaced with the word "HISTORIC" or the name of the state that has adopted the abandoned stretch of road.  And often, the shield is a picture on a larger, brown, rectangular sign.  The brown background means "park" or "historic" on both federal and state road signs.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Park Eureka
    • View Profile
    • PARK EUREKA
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2019, 12:28 AM »
Wow, this is giving me all sorts of Mad Max Thunderdome vibes. Where's Tina?!
Love it, zeroG — Only you can pull this off.

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2019, 04:27 AM »
The Rescue - End of Chapter II

Chapter III - Skull Gang

Escape the Outpost

Spoiler (hover to show)

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Wow, that got intense ;)

REALLY excellent sets there, capturing the action.  It's like a comic book, still images capturing action so well it gives the illusion of being a movie.  Only this is better because it doesn't have all the "ZAP" and "POW!" bubbles all over it ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

BH - you said it perfectly...like a comic book. I was going to say it was like watching movie stills, but the comic reference is perfect. Great work and creative choices done here.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Absolutely fantastic images, zeroG! LOVE the scorpions being driven by the Skull Gang; tugging on ropes to get the beasts moving in the proper direction. Wonderful, and somewhat startling, action shots. Did one of our two original characters get blown up in the smaller vehicle? :'(  Love the series of pics where the semi-truck rams the scorpion head-on.

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
Amazing scenes, the battle of the outpost is fantastic. The scorpions and trucks are fightinh in an epic battle for life. The action is perfectly captured within the pictures. You can see explosions and destroyed trucks and scorpions. What an awesome idea, to bring pictures to life.

Beautiful job on this. As everyone else mentioned, it almost looks like a computerized comic book. Looking forward to more!

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
You literally blow my mind with the things you do with this game. You really have a talent of digging deep into the recesses of Planco and pulling stuff out no one knew was there.