MTC New Beginnings (Teaser Time 001!)

• 11 replies
MTC New Beginnings (Teaser Time 001!)
« on: May 17, 2019, 03:39 AM »
Entry 1: The Most Disappointing Place On Earth!

So, welcome one and all to my new Parkitect project. Prepare to be amazed as the lovable Merlin (which some of you might remember as being the company behind all my other (indefinitely halted) projects). Anyway I recently had the urge to create something but Planco is a bit too involved for the time I can dedicate at the moment so Parkitect it is! Plus Parkitect is gorgeous and every thing so that's a bonus.

Right, with Merlin having apparently managed to lose the portal keys to his other parks and in attempting to find them, somehow managed to get himself stranded on Earth he did what every self respecting Wizard with a obsession with parks would do and borrowed some money to build a new one!

Unfortunately, whilst he does still have the ability to apparently level and raise mountains, due to interdimensional magic laws imposed by the Wizarding Offices of Tax and Customs, he can't magic money. This coupled with the bank only lending him 10k which, by all accounts was essentially to get the obviously crazy person out of the bank before he blew it up or something meant that his usual elaborate plans had to be reigned in slightly.

And so, one adequately sized plot of land later and some shrewd haggling (and a lot of children's birthday parties) and we have MTC's New Beginnings! The Most Disappointing Place On Earth! (because literally adding a tag line to it with most in it seems to make us humans flock to pointless things!)

Here are a few images from the park as we ran out of the init... I mean in its deliberately minimalist state! Below you can see 'Field! The Ride' (because carpark the ride is overused! As well as a very modern looking white food building (which to be fair has at least some attempt at decoration to hide the ugly staff buildings behind) and then a overview of this brilliant place (luckily we bought a load of cheap fairground rides before we ran out of money.

So, come visit us and see out glorious park all for the cheap cost of £20 per person (I've got the park set to a pay per entrance rather than pay per ride) and marvel at the disappointment! Anyway, I'll be back at some point when we've actually made enough to build something interesting (or gone bankrupt and have to announce closure).

Till next time!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 02:31 PM by 89James89 »

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: MTC New Beginnings!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 09:11 PM »
Ha. I enjoy your humor (or humour ;)). I like the mental image of Merlin entertaining at children's birthday parties. Your story is a creative way of letting us know that we shouldn't expect to see much at this early stage of the park. Pink seems to be a popular car color with these Parkitect peeps.

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 02:53 PM »
Replies:

JB: What do you mean shouldn't expect much! This place is amazing! Well worth the entry price. Yes the parties were entertaining, kids are very ummmmm interesting creatures. One even kicked me in the shin for pulling a real life gnome out of my hat rather than the usual rabbit! Gnomes are much more difficult!

Speaking of which the cars were a bit of a gnome issue. One may or may not have got his hands on a crate a vodka and well... the outcome is rather pink to see! It was rectified though so no harm done.

Entry 2: We may be getting somewhere

So, whilst I'm not saying it looks amazing, its a damn site better than what we had. Turns out we didn't go bankrupt. In fact far from it, we actually started making some decent money. So, I know your all wondering what new big ride had come out of this money that we've made and, deep breath!

It's a house for Merlin. Yes you heard us right, turns out Merlin doesn't much care for the big cities of this world and has decided to build himself a house here in the park. Apparently its only a temporary house though, at least right up until the gnomes Merlin keeps on summoning have stopped eating enough to finish creating a large hill for him to build a suitably larger house on.

These gnomes, whilst bloody expensive to keep around (they have an annoying habit of returning to their own world whenever they get hungry or bored, often times in the middle of a task), do have some benefits and one of them is that they create nature purely by being in the area, a wholly odd idea that Merlin has tried to explain to me before but once it got to the bit where I'm sure he mentioned certain by products I quickly found somewhere else to be. They also use your magic pretty much purely to create things which, as long as you can keep them fed, is a rather brilliant thing and has led to the large amount of new buildings you can see in the park.

One of the plucky little gits by the name of Oscar also seems to have taken to this world and now permanently lives in Merlins basement. Merlin seems to have taken a shine too him as well as he hasn't yet turned him into a frog for both turning his home, especially the library with all the flying books into a tourist attraction, or renaming the coaster Oscar's Coaster and painting it various shades of brown and green (OOC: I let me 3 year old son name and colour the coaster, so he named it after himself and painted as much of it as I would let him green).

So there we have it. Merlin busily summoning Gnomes left right and centre and Oscar trying to organise them between mouthfuls of food, whilst I attempt to remain sane throughout it all!

Till next time!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 09:24 PM »
Where are these Gnomes of which you speak, Sir? I see no Gnomes here. Unless you mean those bobble-headed creatures roaming about your park. I demand to see Gnomes!

Seriously though, I'm enjoying your story very much, 89James89. :)  Tell your son he picked good colors for the coaster. It looks all nature-y; blends in with the trees.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 01:51 PM »
This is definitely beginning to shape up nicely. Always happy to see a new Parkitect project.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 08:58 PM »
I like it! Things are looking amazing with this project, and shyguy definitely nailed it with saying how it is beginning to shape up nicely. Excellent job!  :up:

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 10:59 AM »
Replies:

JB: I'll let him know about the colour choice lol. As for the Gnomes there incredibly camera shy I'm afraid so no photos of them I'm afraid.

shyguy: Thanks shyguy, really glad you like it and how its shaping up. Parkitect is a lovely little game that I'm really enjoying playing!

cody: Thanks! Nice to hear how its beginning to shape up. Its a really nice change of pace to play with money involved and although some of the time I have it playing at 3 times speed to get the money, its always a little bit touch and go in the winter months!

Entry 3: A fair amount of progress

So, were back in the park where we have a fair amount of progress for you all to take a look at. Admittedly as your probably about to see its for the most part its not exactly the most exciting  progress but its progress all the same. You see, whilst adding an addition sit down food venue, we may have got a bit carried away and spent pretty much all of our profits on building a currently massively oversized entrance plaza.

I mean we did have a little left over for a new ride to be added in the form of the Rocky River Runner but, lets face it, as your about too see its not exactly the most exciting ride still, a ride is a ride and it seems to have bought more guests in so were happy.

Also, we appear to have some of Oscars friends having joined us as we came into the park the other day to find one of the flat rides we'd removed to accommodate the expanding entrance square back in use with some rather odd theming. Oscar was also saying something about having some bearded gnome relatives over and complaining about the noise. Something to do with them keeping the ride running 24/7 due to it sounding like the comforting noise of picks hitting stone. Rocks also seem to be appearing around the park (much like the foliage with oscar), as seen on Oscars Coaster. Merlin however isn't bothered and seeing as we have no neighbours to make noise complaints, everything's all good I guess.

Till  next time!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2019, 03:38 PM »
The entrance plaza looks very nice, as does the new coaster. I really like the landscaping, too.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2019, 09:22 PM »
I like the rockwork that Oscar's friends added to Oscar's Coaster. Makes it more visually exciting and fun to ride. :up:

And in the second pic, I like that little wood-covered arbor next to the stairs going down toward the Merry-Go-Round (lower left corner). It's just a minor thing but somehow it adds interest to the park.

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2019, 02:30 PM »
Replies:

shyguy: Thanks glad your enjoying it. I'm really having fun with this game, and its simplicity means its not dragging for me like my PlanCo projects started too do!

JB: The rockwork was fun to add though I do need to go back and actually finish it lol. Got a bit distracted as your about to see. Glad you like the little touches. I too find that they help to make a park appear more natural and less stale.

Teaser Time 001!

So, not an actual entry for today but I know its been a while and wanted to show a screen to tide you guys over while I work on the full entry. So, here we have we have what happens when you take the Gnome thing a bit too far. Remember the ride we moved last time. This is what it looks like now.

As I said, I'm really quite enjoying this game!

Till next time!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: MTC New Beginnings (Teaser Time 001!)
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2019, 02:44 PM »
Amazing job on the themeing and landscaping. You really know how to make this game shine.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: MTC New Beginnings (Teaser Time 001!)
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2019, 08:29 PM »
Oh those Gnomes, they really like their natural surroundings, don't they. (So do I. :))