(RCT3) Cricket Stadium

• 17 replies

Offline tomsan123

• When dinosaurs ruled the world
    • View Profile
(RCT3) Cricket Stadium
« on: May 21, 2019, 11:59 PM »
So after almost 3 months of working on this project i have finally finished something i always wanted to build in Rct3, a Cricket Stadium. We usually see usual parks such as Disney, Universal and other various amusement parks but this is something different.
Here are some snapshots of the project hope you guys like it.

The park consists of the stadium a 5 star hotel for the players and a train station with multiple road networks to get to the stadium.
Here are some shots of the stadium itself:

Heres the media box(with press boxes,chairman boxes,vvip guest lounge and terrace)

These bus connect the entire stadium together

Bathrooms

Food court

This a separate high security area that links the hotel directly to the stadium for the players buses

Next is the high security hotel entrance for visitors and the hotel itself:

Next stop the train station(choo choo)

Finally here are some shots of the stadium seats the cooperate boxes.the dressing rooms and the commentary box:

Oh and lastly the broadcasting room:

Comments and criticism are welcome!

Greetings Tomsan123
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 12:32 AM by tomsan123 »
recent prodjects jurassic park river adventure set

Re: (RCT3) Cricket Stadium
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 04:11 AM »
Lookin nifty yo. I think you should add some hills/mountains. Some areas look a bit too flat. I’d suggest adding windows to the hotel too. The baseball stadium looks awesome.

Online shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 01:47 PM »
Wow. You sure put a lot of work into this and it shows. Really great job!
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline tomsan123

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 04:33 AM »
Lookin nifty yo. I think you should add some hills/mountains. Some areas look a bit too flat. I’d suggest adding windows to the hotel too. The baseball stadium looks awesome.
Thanks for the advice, ill surely look into it and btw its a cricket stadium :clown:
Wow. You sure put a lot of work into this and it shows. Really great job!
Thankyou :)

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 10:02 AM »
Nice job on this! The stadium looks very nice and the Broadcasting room is a nice touch as well. My only recommendation is to add more landscaping in and around the stadium. One area I can easily see is in the entrance courtyard of the stadium and behind the very outer billboards.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 05:59 PM »
I agree with Darknight, some more foliage here and there would help bring your baseball cricket stadium to life. (:P)  Also, maybe add some sort of curb to the gray roadways. They look a little abrupt against the green grass. Maybe just painting the terrain under/next to the roads. :)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 05:59 PM by JB »

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 08:53 PM »
This is definitely a unique project. We rarely see stadiums, I have seen a few that were integrated into theme parks not just a stadium itself. All in all, it looks neat!

Offline tomsan123

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2019, 06:33 AM »
Thanks guys

Offline tomsan123

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2019, 06:34 AM »
I agree with Darknight, some more foliage here and there wold help bring your baseball cricket stadium to life. (:P)  Also, maybe add some sort of curb to the gray roadways. They look a little abrupt against the green grass. Maybe just painting the terrain under/next to the roads. :)
I was looking for some sets that would have curbs could u recommend any?

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2019, 06:46 PM »
^ Well, there's Aceana's Pavement Essentials sets (found in the CS Depot). Maybe you already have those? They have colorable curbs/lines that fit along the edge of the road-  like the yellow lines on the edge of your dark asphalt roads, above (maybe that's the set you used?). There's LittleMac's Road Lines v2 (also in the CS Depot), but I'm not familiar with that set. Maybe a Search in the CS Depot would bring up some more sets. :)

I just now played around with painting the terrain under, and around, the roadway to make the edge look a little like dirt, rock, etc.  First I painted the tiles under the road and 1 tile to the left and right of the road. Then, using the same grass texture as the rest of the grassy area, I painted over the left & right tiles again (but not under the road). This resulted in a narrow soft edge that blended in with the grass. Not sure if that's the look you're going for though. :)

Offline tomsan123

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2019, 08:38 AM »
^ Well, there's Aceana's Pavement Essentials sets (found in the CS Depot). Maybe you already have those? They have colorable curbs/lines that fit along the edge of the road-  like the yellow lines on the edge of your dark asphalt roads, above (maybe that's the set you used?). There's LittleMac's Road Lines v2 (also in the CS Depot), but I'm not familiar with that set. Maybe a Search in the CS Depot would bring up some more sets. :)

I just now played around with painting the terrain under, and around, the roadway to make the edge look a little like dirt, rock, etc.  First I painted the tiles under the road and 1 tile to the left and right of the road. Then, using the same grass texture as the rest of the grassy area, I painted over the left & right tiles again (but not under the road). This resulted in a narrow soft edge that blended in with the grass. Not sure if that's the look you're going for though. :)
Thanks a lot man ill be looking into this and will post an update shortly!

Offline Fonki

• Fonki Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2019, 12:26 PM »
looks great, nice. very nice details :up:

Offline tomsan123

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2019, 01:18 AM »
looks great, nice. very nice details :up:
Thanks

Offline tomsan123

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2019, 01:20 AM »
So after  messing around for a couple of days i finally made something which looked decent.
Here are a few images of how the curbs look on the road:

Please tell me how it looks.

Greetings,
Tomsan123

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2019, 02:24 PM »
Hmm. I guess I was thinking of a curb that looked painted on, rather than sitting higher than the roadside. Also a different color (white) than the road; so it's easy for the drivers to see. But I don't know what your 'vision' is for this stadium; only you know that. ;)

Offline tomsan123

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2019, 04:15 AM »
Hmm. I guess I was thinking of a curb that looked painted on, rather than sitting higher than the roadside. Also a different color (white) than the road; so it's easy for the drivers to see. But I don't know what your 'vision' is for this stadium; only you know that. ;)
I see what you mean but these roads were only made for 8 buses which are driven by drivers employeed by the stadium management so that its easier for spectators to move around the stadium

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2019, 12:41 PM »
That is a big curb, hopefully nobody hits it. Overall, still a good project.

Offline Gravquian

• Herbie Popnecker / The Fat Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2019, 08:13 PM »
     Wow, there are some very well thought out designing to this project. Kudos!
     What is the footprint (park grid) of this project? How large are you going for?
Look forward to future updates.
Cafe.Naver  File  Downloading  Tutorial  ... http://www.shyguysworld.com/Archive/index.php/topic,12722.0.html
 Shameful plugs: Gravquian's Generics & Gravquian's Rug Thread

" A novel set, requires more than novice experience! "