Lake View Heights - Pre Season, 1975. (TEASER!!!!)

• 20 replies

Offline Austin Reess

• I am one with the rollercoaster
    • View Profile
Lake View Heights - Pre Season, 1975. (TEASER!!!!)
« on: June 23, 2019, 06:08 PM »
**DISCLAIMER** - Not every building in this park is built by me, and I also used some ride skins as well.

To everyone on this forum, there was a time and place where Making theme parks reached a new level, and that was when Charleston Gardens Amusement Park first came out, its been YEARS since we've seen that on RCT3, and to this day it still inspires me!! So im bringing my own project to the table through Planet Coaster, I bring you Lake View Heights!! I hope you all enjoy :)

" Hello all! My name is Geoffrey James, I live in Lake View, Iowa and today i am opening up my very own theme park! It's been a long time in the making, but since I was little i've always wanted to do this. Today, my dreams have come true. I am going to take you guys on a tour of my park, as the very first guests enter it! Follow ME!

- Here we have the Parking lot, i figured i'd take a picture of this before i get to see it PACKED!!

- This is the nice little walk you take on your way into Lake View Heights, i think it's a very relaxing walk.

- I really love the way my entrance gate came out! The letters on it add such a touch to it!

- Ahhh, the very lovely Main Street, this features many gift shops, and food! Who can say no to food???

- I like to call this area, Galaxi Lane. It feature 2 Rides and a very awesome Bistro owned by my good buddy Archie! This is our Paratrooper ride called Sky Diver!

- Archie's Bistro, he told me that he was going to have lots of specials this year, make sure you make it to Archie's!!

- The Galaxi Rollercoaster, this ride is sure to thrill you with it's intense turns and fun hills!

- This is currently our Star attraction here at Lake View, the Cyclone Rollercoaster!! This is the tallest and fastest coaster at the park currently! What a sight!

- An oldie but goodie! We'd love to let our guests whip them sails!! But go easy on her we want to take care of it! This is Flying Eagles, our Flying Scooters ride!!

- Over here passed main street, we have our classic double decker Carousel!

- Our teacups ride, I have a strange feeling our Custodians will be cleaning up a lot of.. well vomit :(

- And last but certainly not least!! The kiddie coaster to thrill your children!!

And thats it for opening day folks! We will be posting more updates this season, however I as Park Owner will not be, the Local Lake View Publicist Carl Weiss will be helping us in promotion and publicity, anyways guys, thanks for taking a tour with me today! I hope to see you at Lake View Heights! Sincerely - Geoffrey James"

« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 10:21 PM by Austin Reess »
What comes around, goes around.. Sike, it's just Vitas.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Lake View Heights - Opening Year, 1974!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 07:02 PM »
It's this is your 1st post but come on like you've been here before, before my time.  So welcome back or welcome aboard, whichever is appropriate!

I'm really liking this park.  It has quite the classic charm.  And I think I recognize that GALAXI :D I'm honored you saw fit to use it.  You've definitely spruced it up beyond its humble beginnings :)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 07:06 PM by Bullethead »
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 07:06 PM »
This is a great start to a really nice park, Austin Reess. :)

Tell Geoffrey that I like his park entrance :)  Only, I'm not sure about the high wood fences on the left and right leading to the main gate. It seems kinda claustrophobic. Reminds me of cattle being herded through a chute. Plus, the guests can't see the wonders that await them. Maybe a lower, decorative fence?

That's a beautiful, and inviting, Main Street. I especially like the plaza/garden running down the middle with the big trees.

Speaking of wood fences- I do like the colorful fence in front of the Sky Diver. It gives the area a fun and friendly look. And the bright white columns and filigree around the carousel look very nice. I also like the moat around it as well. :)

And I really like how you've placed large, mature trees throughout the park; like the ones flanking the Galaxi entrance. That, along with the all the flowers and shrubs, makes Lake View Heights very welcoming and peaceful. I want to spend some time there. :up:

Offline Austin Reess

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 07:14 PM »
It's this is your 1st post but come on like you've been here before, before my time.  So welcome back or welcome aboard, whichever is appropriate!

I'm really liking this park.  It has quite the classic charm.  And I think I recognize that GALAXI :D I'm honored you saw fit to use it.  You've definitely spruced it up beyond its humble beginnings :)

Thank you so much!! Credit is much deserved to you, yes I did steal your Galaxi blueprint lol, these rides are very fun classics and i dont think i could’ve built the Galaxi better myself, so instead of spending the time on it i just borrowed yours, very well done on that blueprint! And yes, i am a returning member. I used to be heavily involved here back in the RCT3 days, however, Ive been playing Planet Coaster long enough now that i feel comfortable posting projects here! Thanks for your feedback :)

Offline cap396

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 07:16 PM »
Very nice park!

Offline Austin Reess

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 07:18 PM »
This is a great start to a really nice park, Austin Reess. :)

Tell Geoffrey that I like his park entrance :)  Only, I'm not sure about the high wood fences on the left and right leading to the main gate. It seems kinda claustrophobic. Reminds me of cattle being herded through a chute. Plus, the guests can't see the wonders that await them. Maybe a lower, decorative fence?

That's a beautiful, and inviting, Main Street. I especially like the plaza/garden running down the middle with the big trees.

Speaking of wood fences- I do like the colorful fence in front of the Sky Diver. It gives the area a fun and friendly look. And the bright white columns and filigree around the carousel look very nice. I also like the moat around it as well. :)

And I really like how you've placed large, mature trees throughout the park; like the ones flanking the Galaxi entrance. That, along with the all the flowers and shrubs, makes Lake View Heights very welcoming and peaceful. I want to spend some time there. :up:

Geoffrey said thank you so much! As for the wooden fences, i think i could fix that issue by widening the path, however i put those there as it gives more of a classic vibe in my opinion. I have taken note of this feedback though, maybe as times modernize in this park i will change them :). Thank you so much for your feedback and i hope you continue to follow this project!

Offline Cinestri0

• Livin' Like Larry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 07:45 PM »
Looking like a very picture-esque park and I'm diggin it!

My only suggestion is to maybe lower the sidewalk barriers a tiny bit so the peeps don't trip :P

Can't wait to see more! :)

Offline Austin Reess

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 05:04 AM »
Very nice park!
Looking like a very picture-esque park and I'm diggin it!

My only suggestion is to maybe lower the sidewalk barriers a tiny bit so the peeps don't trip :P

Can't wait to see more! :)

Thank you! I wanted to lower the sidewalk border but if i lower it any more the curb from the path will show through it, and i cant remove the path curbs because i used them as trims around the gardens

Offline Austin Reess

• View Profile
Re: Lake View Heights - Opening Year, 1974! (Mid Season Update #1)
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2019, 07:32 PM »
" Hello all, My name is Carl Weiss... I finally decided to take a visit to Lake View Heights for their first ever season of operation! I have to say, as a publicist for Only in Iowa, I am super proud to present my first log entry of this park to you all, plus Park CEO Geoffrey James gave me a little sneek peak of a new surprise coming later this season!

- First and foremost, I can not believe how awesome this park is, it has such a great feeling and vibe, It makes me feel comfortable :)

- When I first got here, the ride that immediately caught my eye, was the Cyclone Roller Coaster. This is one heck of a ride! It is surely there to give you the best of thrills!

- I waited for the front seat on this one! I had to get the experience that I thought would be best on this ride!! Oddly enough, one of the construction crew members decided to ride it during their lunch break!!

- This ride truly deserves a shout out, this Teacups ride is very fun! And it has some great scenery and theme-ing! This ride is truly a standout beauty to the park!

- Guests recently saw a change in the parks skyline, construction crews have been working ON-SEASON!! to bring the park some new rides, Geoffrey said he didn't want to do this during the on-season, however, as the parks first operational year he wants to bring it to it's max potential, so he is installing 2 new rides! 1 of which was completed and is this classic Ferris Wheel!

- Behind the fence after the Ferris Wheel, is the other ride addition. However, they have yet to name this ride. It is a scrambler, and will definitely be a classic addition to this park! Geoff also said that he is going to be bringing a new shop/restaurant to the area with the scrambler as well. He is leaning more towards a restaurant as main street has many shops already. Can't wait to see what comes of this new area!

And that's all folks! If you need some fun this year, HEAD OVER TO- Lake View Heights amusement park in Lake View, Iowa! They will provide you with tons of fun and lots of family memories! I'll see you next time in my next blog on, Only in Iowa!"

Offline zacharyshyguy

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2019, 05:17 PM »
I wonder if Schiff Wild Mouse at Riverview Park in Iowa would relocated to Lake View Heights for 1979 season.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 09:25 AM by zacharyshyguy »
Zachary Lunsford

Offline Austin Reess

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2019, 07:36 AM »
I wonder if Schiff Wild Mouse at Riverview Park in Iowa would relocated to Lake View Heights for 1980 season.

Hmmm 😉 that is a great prediction! I may actually do that if i can find a good picture of the layout somewhere!
I definitely want to add an out and back classic woodie before 1979, so im thinking either 1975, or 1976 will be the year for that. If i were to add the relocated wild mouse it would be 1979 since Riverviews closed in 1978.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2019, 08:09 AM »
Hmmm 😉 that is a great prediction! I may actually do that if i can find a good picture of the layout somewhere!

I think Zach is pitching is fabulous replica.  He really put a lot of work into it:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1603530094
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline zacharyshyguy

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2019, 09:24 AM »
I definitely want to add an out and back classic woodie before 1979, so im thinking either 1975, or 1976 will be the year for that. If i were to add the relocated wild mouse it would be 1979 since Riverviews closed in 1978.

I thinking this like Riverside Park in Iowa Schiff's Wild Mouse relocated for 1979 season after Riverview Park in Iowa closed instead.
Zachary Lunsford

Offline zacharyshyguy

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2019, 09:27 AM »
I think Zach is pitching is fabulous replica.  He really put a lot of work into it:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1603530094

I thinking Austin would use my recreation like this:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1587341009
Zachary Lunsford

Offline zacharyshyguy

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2019, 09:53 AM »
Here's a picture what Schiff Wild Mouse at Riverview Park in Des Monines, Iowa looked like:

Zachary Lunsford

Offline Austin Reess

• View Profile
" Carl Weiss here, and i've come back to beautiful Lakeview Heights for the last time this season before it closes at the end of the month! Boy is this a big update! I have some big news to share, but beware it's top secret! I am going to start a rumor here, let the circulating and specultions begin!

- For a Sunday Morning, the park is awfully busy!

- Today I started the day off right, with a ride on the awesome G A L A X I coaster!!

- But as I was atop of the Galaxi's lift hill, I noticed something going on behind the trees, I certainly could not believe what was going on but I saw land clearing! Could it be, Geoff added 2 new rides mid season! What could he possible be adding now?

- I went up by the kiddie coaster's queue line to see more of what was going on, the land plot is certainly big!

- Then i came to see that the fence by the ferris wheel blocking the path had been taken down since my previous visit!!

- It seems as Geoff had decided on a restaurant! Steak by the Lake is coming next year, it's not open yet unfortunately! However, the building and surrounding area has come out beautifully!

- I've also seen that the new Scrambler ride, Tiki's Dance is open as well! It also has come out amazing looking!!!

ANNND thats it for the visit. I'll be back next year to give you guys more journal entrys for Only in Iowa! I want to mention that I did get around to talking to some park guests about the major land clearing going on, and I was told that a new coaster is coming! Someone said it's going to be Taller and Faster than Cyclone! But this is all just rumors right now, but I can confirm that it IS a Wooden Coaster, a park guest gave me a photo he's said to have snagged in secret.. Until next year folks, i leave you with the picture! "

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Steak by the Lake looks nice (I like the name). And I like all the tiki torches around the perimeter of Tiki Dance, as well as the colorful shrubs out front. :)

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
LOL, "awesome GALAXI" :D  They're usually rather painful, at least now in their old age.  But you put some liptstick on that pig  :up:

"Steak on the Lake" is making my hungry even though I just had supper....

-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Austin Reess

• View Profile
Re: Lake View Heights - Pre Season, 1975. (TEASER!!!!)
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2019, 10:23 PM »
"Hey everyone, Geoff James here. I thought i'd burn a picture into your heads to cause some spontaneous combustion. Heres a teaser shot of our NEW ADDITION!! Tyrant! Yeah, Shes a big one alright, this Wooden Coaster will outshine Cyclone all day, of course we still love the beloved cyclone, however, Tyrant will be the dominant ride of the skyline as our tallest and fastest Roller Coaster! Get ready to ride Iowa's Biggest Tyrant.!"

Offline zacharyshyguy

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Lake View Heights - Pre Season, 1975. (TEASER!!!!)
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2019, 06:49 AM »
 :o I can't wait!
Zachary Lunsford

Offline zacharyshyguy

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2019, 05:09 PM »

use this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1808226081
Zachary Lunsford