[RCT3] Year 1 - Adventureland

• 17 replies
[RCT3] Year 1 - Adventureland
« on: June 25, 2019, 10:13 AM »
For a while, I was thinking about playing RCT3 again after a long, long time. It seemed to be an interesting idea to build a theme park with a timeline once again. So, hereby, I would like to show my new park to you guys. Let me introduce you to Adventureland!

Adventureland - Year 1

After several years of worrying about financial budgets, business talks with many different parties, even more sleepless nights and many more moments of dreaming about the potential rides, the time has come. Two young entrepreneurs are about to open their dream: Adventureland. This small-scale amusement park will open its doors near Utrecht, the Netherlands. The park mainly focuses on families who are looking for a day out with their children.

Before this new theme park was opened, the park's management listened well to several existing parks in the Netherlands, such as Toverland. One of the most important things the park's management learned was the fact that they should consider the Dutch weather, which isn't that great all year round. That's why the park is proud to present their greatest asset: A real indoor theme area with various rides.

Via the park's entrance, we enter a small square.
At this square, we find the first ride of the park and a small restaurant.

The park's restaurant and a small square.

After this square, the visitor's have to choose: One is able to go to the indoor area via the hall, or guests can choose to go through the hall to another outside area.

The most important area of the park: The indoor theme area.
One can see to rides: A small freefall and a merry-go-round.

The freefall once again.

Another flatride for the older children can be found in the other corner of the hall.

When the weather is nice, it is of course wonderful to be able to have fun outside.
Several different small rides can be found outside, such as the family slide and the trampolines.

Nearby the two rides, a fixed stage can be found aswell. During peak season, guests will be able to enjoy shows or meet and greets at this stage.

That's it for this first year. See you next year!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 10:15 AM by Mirabilandia »

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: [RCT3] Year 1 - Adventureland
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 01:14 PM »
So far, it's a very nice park. I especially like the indoor section. And a very nice job on the landscaping.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 03:06 PM »
I also like the indoor area. :)  It's fun to see how much you can cram into a relatively small space. Looking forward to year 2.

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 03:33 AM »
Adventureland - Year 2

Year one for Adventureland is over! The park welcomed the first guests. This is of course always an exciting moment for the park's management. How will the park's guests react to the new park? Fortunately, the park was received pretty good. The guests were mainly surprised by the indoor theme area. This turned out to be an ideal investment, since the weather hasn't been that great during the season.

Of course, it would not be the first year of the park if there were no points for improvement. Mainly, there were three important points for improvements we heard often from our guests:
- The park guests indicated that they would expect more rides and play areas for children.
- Some guests had a struggle to find a nearby restroom in the park. The restrooms in the indoor area seemed to be not sufficient for the whole park.
- Park guests said they would value more options for buying some food. At this moment, the only place one can buy some food is the food court at the entrance. An extra food court with in addition some extra healthy food options would be very valued.

For the second season of the park, the park management wishes to improve the park and listen to the feedback of our guests. This year, we will be improving two of these aspects: We brought more rides for children to our park and we have placed an extra restroom.

The first big change can be seen immediately upon arrival. The park expanded the entrance square with a small balloon flatride, a water playground and new restrooms. Although the building for the restrooms itself is relatively small, the park opted to integrate the restrooms in the entrance square with some extra theming.

The waterplayground with various water fountains and a tipping bucket.

Again a picture of the new square, including the new children's balloon ride.

In the other outdoor area, a new children's play fort can be found next to the large family slide.
This play fort is equipped with various play attributes and slides.

The new playground seen from the central stage. Thanks to the thematization of this new playground, the square seems to be themed much better. This gives a better ambiance at the square. The park's management is very pleased with this improvement and has a desire to eventually decorate this square as a small village. Extra theming around this square is certainly a possibility for the coming years.

An overview of the square.

See you next year!

Offline hhnman234

• RCT3 Forever and Always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 12:45 PM »
This is amazing! I am loving how this park is looking. I love your use of mixed scenery both custom and in-game. I am very excited to see this grow and what becomes of this park! Nice work!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 03:31 PM »
I really like the play fort. It's well themed and looks like it would be fun to climb around in. :)

Offline Walle_Epcot

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 01:50 PM »
This really makes me smile thinking back to RCT3. I like the fact that the theming is constant so far. Its also not too far over the top which is a nice to see. Indoor section adds a nice touch.

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 04:51 PM »
Very interesting use of different sets. Some items I never thought could be used in ways that you are! Well done!

Re: [RCT3] Year 3 - Adventureland
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2019, 03:26 AM »
Adventureland - Year 3

Welcome Frontierland! This year, experience old America in the new themed area in Adventureland!

Adventureland has been open for two years now. During these two years, we have been able to gain more experience to see what could be improved at the park. Like we already mentioned last year, it became clear that a number of aspects needed to be improved:

- First of all, the visitors would like to have more rides in the park;
- The park's toilets were not always easy to be found;
- The only food court the park had, had proven to be not sufficient for the park.

Two of these aspects were succesfully tackled by the park last year.
This year we are once again reinforcing the guests' most important wish: We again invested in new rides for the park.
We are very proud to be able to open a complete new themed area this year. The fact that we open our first rollercoaster is probably even more interesting for our guests. The idea of this new themed area came into mind just over a year ago, when it became clear that people could not spend a full day in the park.
We are therefore very happy that we have been able to build this new area in such a short period of time.
It was a pretty tough job for the crew of Vekoma, who delivered a Junior Coaster - 85M version to us in a very short time.
A new flatride, a paratrooper, completes the new Frontierland.

For now, enjoy Frontierland!

Guest could enter the new area through two gates: The first one is next to the family slide, the other one is next to the trampolines.
Here we see the entrance from the trampolines.

Via this entrance we walk into a small street, which includes a small food stall.
At this food stall, guests can buy a refreshing glass of soft drink or a small snack.
At the end of the street we also see the first new ride in the park.

The new ride in the park: A paratrooper. This ride is an ideal ride for the whole family.

Next to the paratrooper, we find a small, cozy square.

Flying trough and along trees and rocks, guests can enjoy the new Junior Coaster - 85M.

Again a picture of the new rollercoaster of the park.
It is actually the smallest version Vekoma has ever made, but is provides a lot of entertainment for the younger children.

We conclude with an overview picture of the new area.
Here you can clearly see that the area is build around the family slide.

See you next year!

Offline planetthrilldude57

• Always on the move
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2019, 12:02 PM »
This is looking awesome! Can't wait to see how the park progresses!

Offline hhnman234

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2019, 05:43 AM »
Awesome work!

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2019, 12:20 PM »
This is looking awesome! Can't wait to see how the park progresses!

Awesome work!

Thanks! The fourth season will be online very soon. I've heard rumors that the park is already planning a new ride to celebrate their five year's anniversary. It seems like the park is planning to open a larger flatride for the teenagers and adults.

Pretty reliable sources told me that the park's management has requested quote from Huss for a Topple Tower and S&S for a Screamin' Swing. Interesting, right? I'm not sure these rumors are true, but what is the most suitable ride in your opinion?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 12:22 PM by Mirabilandia »

Offline hhnman234

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2019, 04:50 PM »
I would say an S&S Screamin Swing!

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2019, 10:25 AM »
Nice update! Love the look of Frontierland and the shot with the coaster passing the fountains is really cool as well.  :)

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2019, 10:53 AM »
Aventureland - Year 4

Welcome to our brand new restaurant!

Last year we opened Frontierland, our new area. This area has been very well received by our guest, fortunately. The extra visitors we welcomed last year were defenitely a nice reward for all the hard work. We were very happy to welcome all these new guests, but it also showed again the points of attention the park has. For example, as we told earlier, the amount of restaurants and food stalls has been discussed since the opening of the park. The food options the park offered were pretty limited. Due to the increase of visitors last year, it caused some waiting lines for our restaurants on peak days. 

This year, Adventureland is therefore making a more than welcome investment. This year, we invest in a brand new counter service restaurant.
With a varied menu including sandwiches, burgers and salads, everyone will be able to have a nice lunch or dinner.

When we enter the outdoor pirate zone, the new restaurant can be seen immediately.
The restaurant is located next to the entrance of Frontierland, just opposite the family slide and trampolines.

As you can see, the new restaurant is again themed to the pirate area.
In this way, the pirate area is gradually getting more thematic.

This is the restaurant's interior. Here you can clearly see the counter service.

This is the right side of the restaurant's interior. The restaurant offers guests enough space to sit down, relax and enjoy the lunch or dinner.

Next year we will celebrate the 5 year anniversairy of Adventureland! Since last year, several rumors for a anniversairy ride has been discussed on the internet. At this moment, we cannot deny or confirm anything, but the opening of Frontierland defenitely opened the door for new investments and rides.
It might be time to think about the older children, teens and adults. We even might go higher and faster than we have done before...

See you next year!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2019, 01:39 PM »
I like how the interior of the restaurant looks like it's outdoors. At first I thought that the crystal chandeliers don't really fit in a pirate themed area, but then I figured that the pirates stole them on one of their raids, so they fit in just fine. :)

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2019, 12:13 PM »
I love the restaurant! You certainly did put a lot of effort into this and I would love to see more!

Offline hhnman234

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2019, 09:59 AM »
I really love what you did with the pirate area. Nice work!