What now?

• 25 replies

Offline cl0s3

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
What now?
« on: July 05, 2019, 12:41 PM »
Hey guys,
I am completely new on here, but my main problem is, loosing inspiration very quickly, when starting a new park. So i thought maybe you guys could help me.
So, I´ve built an entry plaza and a train station, and now I don´t know what to do. If you have any ideas, please help me get on with my park. Or if you have some feedback, I just wan´t inspiration and maybe a little motivation  :D

So here is what I´ve done so far:

I am very grateful for all feedback  :D
- Cl0s3

Re: What now?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 12:48 PM »
Sticking with a basic park structure for practice...I would add a plaza with gardens and a carousal or may be even a Ferris wheel. Add some shops and food stalls around the plaza.

Offline cl0s3

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 12:50 PM »
Sticking with a basic park structure for practice...I would add a plaza with gardens and a carousal or may be even a Ferris wheel. Add some shops and food stalls around the plaza.

I like the idea, are you thinking main street kind of thing? or more open?

Offline planetthrilldude57

• Always on the move
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 01:20 PM »
You have a nice start. Is there a general theme you are going for? My advice would be to space out the scenery and the foliage so that way it creates a nice warm atmosphere.

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 02:00 PM »
I like the idea, are you thinking main street kind of thing? or more open?
I was thinking more open.

Offline cl0s3

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2019, 02:27 PM »
You have a nice start. Is there a general theme you are going for? My advice would be to space out the scenery and the foliage so that way it creates a nice warm atmosphere.
Yeah well not really, but I think I will start working on this a little warm climate, using the stucco buildings  :D

Offline cl0s3

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2019, 04:27 PM »
So this is what I´ve come up with so far. Thanks a lot for the help! I´m happy to actually get some work done  :D Your feedback helped a lot. I would love to hear more.

Thanks so much!
- Cl0s3

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 05:30 AM »
I am completely new on here, but my main problem is, loosing inspiration very quickly, when starting a new park. So i thought maybe you guys could help me.

Welcome aboard!  Always nice to see new folks!

I'm not much good for helping on the inspiration department as I have zero imagination.   But I have to say, your buildings here so far are VERY nicely done with a very attractive style that's unique.  And I really like the layout so far, with the entrance courtyard and the skillfully constructed wall/path around the pond.  Everything shows both good taste and mastery of the building system. So you're way ahead of me in both areas.  No matter what you decide to build, I'm sure it'll look excellent :).

And I got a chuckle out of that "Park Name" sign :D.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline cl0s3

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2019, 03:47 PM »
Welcome aboard!  Always nice to see new folks!

I'm not much good for helping on the inspiration department as I have zero imagination.   But I have to say, your buildings here so far are VERY nicely done with a very attractive style that's unique.  And I really like the layout so far, with the entrance courtyard and the skillfully constructed wall/path around the pond.  Everything shows both good taste and mastery of the building system. So you're way ahead of me in both areas.  No matter what you decide to build, I'm sure it'll look excellent :).

And I got a chuckle out of that "Park Name" sign :D.

I thank you a lot! You put a huge smile on my face today, as many of the other comments did as well.
The idea was to put the train station on the steam workshop but i never got around to do it. I have a name for the park, but I am afraid to use it. I don´t wan´t to use it on a park I
don´t finish.  ;)

Offline cl0s3

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2019, 03:53 PM »
I've done some more work, so please take a look. All feedback is very welcome. :D
The first ride has been placed and the first coaster is in. This one might not stay for very long as it is blocking the train rails.

The cosater is not set in stone yet

I really liked the idea of the little ride looking over the path.

Some more path and scenery work

The left side of the little lake/pond is in the very early stages

Thank you all for the feedback so far, it really helps me and makes me want to push on. :)
-Cl0s3

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2019, 04:23 PM »
Really nice looking screenshots. :)  In the 3rd pic, I like how you use the fence as a retaining wall to keep the dirt and rocks off the path. And the 5th pic with the curving path amongst the rocks and foliage looks beautiful. I want to walk on that path.

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2019, 05:07 PM »
looking great - love the multi-tier paths

Offline planetthrilldude57

• Always on the move
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2019, 05:09 PM »
Looks amazing!  :)

Offline hhnman234

• RCT3 Forever and Always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2019, 06:14 PM »
I am loving the look of this park. Park name? hmm. El Diablo? Six Flags Northwest Adventure?

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2019, 07:41 PM »
Looks great! Like the style and look you are going for.

Totally a nitpick, however, you have a simple picket fence along that path below the ride against that rock formation. A picket fence is not going to hold back any loose rock. If you are going for realism, I would consider placing a masonry wall there instead.

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2019, 04:30 AM »
Welcome!

It looks really nice so far, especially the two tiered lakeside paths. Very well done and useful for views!

I generally find that I spend 50% of my time redesigning things I'm not quite happy with. My general rule if thumb is that I will give everything a week. If by the end of 7 days I haven't really settled into what I am proposing, or struggle to find where to go next, then I will reevaluate. Usually resulting in me starting that particular piece or attraction again. NEVER feel you need to plough on with something purely because you've already started. All that leads to is boredom and frustration, with the end result being something you're not particularly happy with. This obviously has to be balanced with simply putting in the time you need to in order to get things the way you want them.

I've currently got 2 linked Disney parks in the go. 1 is enormous and the other not very big. Both are in their 3rd and 2nd years of building respectively. Almost entirely because I've refused to compromise until I'm happy with the standard they're both built to. It's a long process but a really enjoyable one if you take the pressure off yourself. Take your time, your stuff is off to a great start!  :)

As for inspiration, try and look at parks or even public areas which you think you will never use as reference. Usually this is where ideas stem from. I recommend Silver Dollar City as a starting point.

Keep up the good work!

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2019, 04:32 AM »
Looks great! Like the style and look you are going for.

Totally a nitpick, however, you have a simple picket fence along that path below the ride against that rock formation. A picket fence is not going to hold back any loose rock. If you are going for realism, I would consider placing a masonry wall there instead.

Gabon retaining walls would be nice here!

Offline cl0s3

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2019, 05:10 AM »
Thank you so much for the positive feedback, I am so happy to hear that you like what I do!  :D

Offline cl0s3

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2019, 05:21 AM »
I am loving the look of this park. Park name? hmm. El Diablo? Six Flags Northwest Adventure?

I like the Idea of El something, just because it sounds like warm weather  :) wich is a thing I have to keep in mind. I will not name the park yet, simply because I don't want to waste perfectly good names on unfinished parks  ;)

Offline cl0s3

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2019, 05:22 AM »
Gabon retaining walls would be nice here!

This is a great idea!   :w00t:

Offline cl0s3

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2019, 03:21 AM »
So it is now time for a smaller update. Haven't done too much, but I wanted to show the progress before I leave for some days.

The has been replaced by to facades and a second ride has been added.
Take a look and let me know what you think.
Again thanks so much for your support and positive feedback so far :D

The coaster replacement.

And here we have the new ride

So again, I hope you like it and have a great time guys!  :D
-Cl0s3

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2019, 09:57 AM »
I must say, the landscaping and gardening along the paths here are about the best I've ever seen and a huge inspiration!
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline cl0s3

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2019, 10:40 AM »
I must say, the landscaping and gardening along the paths here are about the best I've ever seen and a huge inspiration!

Thank you sooo much! This is a huge compliment!  :o :D

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2019, 03:04 PM »
Welcome to the forums.
I have to say, you've made a really good start with this park. The walkways are REALLY good.

As for feedback, I'd say just keep doing what you're doing. I wouldn't necessarily stick to a grand plan as that can sometimes lock you in creatively and make you lose inspiration. Just play around with ideas and throw things together and see what sticks. I also find it helpful to keep looking at things from guest level to get sight-lines and also get ideas as you see things you wouldn't normally see from above. I've got some surprising ideas just from looking at how the landscape looks at this level.

Also, start small. Let the park grow organically. If you don't feel like working on it, do a little side-project and come back to it. All I'm really saying is don't force it and have fun.

Offline cl0s3

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2019, 04:53 AM »
Thank you very much for your feedback kind sir, I have indeed had some hard times, finding the motivation to keep working on the park. But now I have resumed my work, killed a lot of darlings and tried around. Progress is still slow, but I am finally working on it again  :D

Offline cl0s3

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2019, 08:08 AM »
So, people of shyguy´s World, it has been a while.
I have had a short brake from working on this project (I am still not certain, that it is worthy of it's not yet given name), but I have come back and started working on this park once again.
I didn't like what I had built for the "main street", so I trashed it and I am so much more pleased with what I got done. On the other side of the lake, a little restaurant has been added, it is the first of a couple of buildings, that I will be building on that side of the lake. So take a look and tell me what you think.

This is what you see when entering the park from under the train station:

The gate on the right side is an entrance to an not yet developed backstage area.

And this is the new little restaurant on the other side of the lake:

With it's own little backstage area and toilets

And here we have a little overview of the park so far:

So guys, tell me what you think, tell me anything that should change and if you have anything that might inspire me further please tell me about it.
I thank you so much for giving the motivation to keep going with this project and wish you all the best.
-Cl0s3