[WIP] New Forest-Themed Park

• 10 replies

Offline StickyGum32

• Atonal Noise Maker
    • View Profile
    • Clay Barnard | Compositions
[WIP] New Forest-Themed Park
« on: July 20, 2019, 05:04 PM »
Hey friends! Been a while since I posted here, so I thought I'd start sharing what I've been tinkering with in PC. Started working on this park last Christmas, and it's slowly grown from one small coaster to a sprawling wooded theme park. Haven't really figured out a name for the park, but I do know that so far we have 6 Coasters (including a water coaster, kiddie coaster, RMC), 7 Flats (Ferris Wheel, Aeronauts, Chairswing), and a handful of other Tracked Rides (Steam Train, River Boats, Log Flume).

I'll post some POV's as I record them, but for now, here's a few screenshots. Let me know what you're interested in looking at and I'll record it!

The Aeronauts:

Unnamed Eurofighter:

The Entrance to the Unnamed Eurofighter (it turned out pretty, and I like it):

Entrance Plaza:

- StickyGum32
Take a look at my portfolio! http://www.composerclay.com

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] New Forest-Themed Park
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 06:45 PM »
I can see several nods to Disney parks in your entrance: the clock tower, the elevated train track with pedestrian tunnels beneath, and attraction posters inside the tunnels. Your colorful planters look very nice, and I'd like to see more of the Eurofighter queue and station. :)

Offline StickyGum32

• Atonal Noise Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 07:56 PM »
I can see several nods to Disney parks in your entrance: the clock tower, the elevated train track with pedestrian tunnels beneath, and attraction posters inside the tunnels. Your colorful planters look very nice, and I'd like to see more of the Eurofighter queue and station. :)

Guilty as charged! I tried to take and honor those elements while also making them my own. But yes, it's directly inspired from the MK entrance.

Eurofighter coming soon!

- StickyGum32

Offline StickyGum32

• Atonal Noise Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 08:51 PM »
Hey friends! It's time to talk about the Eurofighter today. It doesn't have a name, but it does have some story! Much like most mid-low level theme parks, this ride has just enough story to make it more than just a coaster, but not enough to earn it a "Disney" reputation.

This ride is set at an inventor's house/workshop. He's inviting you to test out a new propulsion transportation system. Though still not perfect, he's pretty sure it's safe enough to test with real people! And you're the lucky winners.

This attraction is housed in an area of the park known as "The Plaza".

The Plaza is home to 2 Attractions: the Eurofighter, and Plaza Autos: a slow-moving car ride with a scenic view of the area.

The Autos ride throughout the area, even through the building of the park's largest eatery (still unnamed, but open to suggestions!). It houses 13 food/drink stands, a gift shop, a restroom, and a staff room. This alone makes The Plaza the most staffed area in the park.

As if that weren't enough, the park's only hotel, The Forest Inn, resides here. The train gets a nice roof-top view of the area from here (don't worry, there's enough sound-proofing to keep the rooms quiet!).

Now onto the Euro. It's queue starts just out front of the house, and will pass under a small shack (mainly used as a support for the train) into a large cattle-pin.

The cattle-pin is covered to keep the guests out of the hot sun. Much needed since wait times for this attraction can exceed 50 minutes on busy days!.

The station isn't much to talk about; the house is just big enough for the station area and the path to get in and out. Nothing major.

After that, it's ride time! I've got some photos of the ride (including a nice view from the train) and a POV. My computer is not able to handle the high setting graphics for video capture, so I moved the ride to a blank map to film it. It's still a little shaky, but it's way better than it would be in the park.

So that's the Euro! If you have any name suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Also, anything you want to see next, just ask!

- StickyGum32

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 09:50 PM »
I like the pink and aqua colors of The Plaza; sorta 1950's Florida style, except for the mountains and fir trees in the background. ;)

Offline StickyGum32

• Atonal Noise Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2019, 07:49 PM »
I like the pink and aqua colors of The Plaza; sorta 1950's Florida style, except for the mountains and fir trees in the background. ;)

Thanks! I mean, it's still "in a forest", so everything is subjected to being surrounded by trees  :D

I've always loved that pastel color style, so I wanted to bring some of it in. Thanks for sharing!

- StickyGum32

Offline StickyGum32

• Atonal Noise Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 08:51 AM »
Hello friends! Today we're visiting the other main attraction in The Plaza: Plaza Autos!

This attraction features a scenic drive though this area. It features great vantage points, immersive design, and an easy-going ride that the whole family can enjoy. You'll even get to ride along the entrance building!

When you're inside the (as of yet unnamed) food court, be sure to hit the staircase to the 2nd Floor to catch another glimpse of the Autos!

These quaint cars also pass under the pedestrian bridge that leads to the Eurofighter and The Forest Inn.

Better get over here quickly though. Plaza Autos always has a large line, so the earlier in the day you get to it, the more time you'll have elsewhere!

Thanks for tagging along! Let me know what else you'd like to see! Next up: Landslide (RMC).

- StickyGum32

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2019, 01:29 PM »
love that raised track for the cars

Offline StickyGum32

• Atonal Noise Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2019, 06:40 PM »
love that raised track for the cars

Thanks! I wanted to make that entrance a little special, and that seemed to do the trick. Glad you agree!

- StickyGum32

Offline StickyGum32

• Atonal Noise Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2019, 05:21 PM »
Hey friends! It's been a hot second, but here's the next promised attraction: Landslide (RMC).

POV at the end of the post!

This attraction for me takes on a hybrid roll. On one hand, it plays the roll of your standard RMC: wild, fast, all around exciting. On the other hand, it has a "mountain-coaster" or mine coaster feel to me, especially the way it navigates the land and weaves in and out of caverns and tunnels. Still, it doesn't take up too big of a footprint. I think it uses the space quite nicely.

Here is the Entrance; a covered ramp up to the main building for both the queue and exit. Makes the hot days more bearable.

The first drop is near-vertical. This picture also includes the mid-course break run.

Inside that mound across from the first drop is a cavern viewing area. It presents a nice opportunity to sit out of the sun, gives a close-up view of the coaster, and also functions as a walk-off exit from the final break-run.

At the base of the lift is a little section of land that I have no idea what to do with. If you have a thought, let me know!

The final break run has a canopy covering.

And without further delay, here's the POV.

Bonus: it's neighboring ride is a Flying Eagles! Gives a nice "peek-a-boo" view of the station building from down front.

More coming soon! I appreciate all of your comments!

- StickyGum32

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2019, 05:54 PM »
Very nice. :)  And exciting. I love coasters that dip in and out of tunnels and go through arches. Also track layouts that twist and turn and tie themselves in knots. Neat idea with the cavern viewing area.