Custom Scenery Not Showing in Game

• 1 replies

Offline warcat

• shyguy's World rules!
    • View Profile
Custom Scenery Not Showing in Game
« on: August 12, 2019, 07:21 PM »
Hey guys, I've searched and can't seem find an answer to a problem I'm having with some CS that I've downloaded. I've placed files in correct place in RCT3 Platinum , Style/Theme, I can see them in the directory but they don't show up in the game. Any idea why this is happening?  I've re-downloaded the files, re-installed (deleted the first file so it was a clean install) but still not showing in game.
Also having problems with those files and others that I have and use in the game while running a park file through ParkClean Up. The errors that show up tells me that files are missing that I know are in the game, as I've used them, plus the newer files I've just downloaded.
I thought I saw a post about the problem before but can't find that post and replies now.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks in advance of any help you can provide.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Scenery Not Showing in Game
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 08:39 PM »
Hmm. Maybe it would help if you give the name of one (or more) of the sets that isn't showing up. And give us the file path, like: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum\Style\Themed\shy-Main Street Set 6". If I understand correctly, you see the set's folder in Style/Themed but not in the game when it's booted up?

I'm guessing you've already checked to make sure you don't have a folder-within-a-folder? In the example above, that might look like "...Style\Themed\shy-Main Street Set 6\shy-Main Street Set 6". I've absent-mindedly done that once or twice.

Have you used Park CleanUp to clean the park file? It's possible it has eliminated any files that weren't already in use in the park. I've had that happen.

Sorry if all these questions and examples don't apply to your problem; I guess we need more info to understand what's going on. :)