Offline JeriKY

• Theme Park Fusion
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Twitter Info
Discovery Gardens
« on: August 18, 2019, 09:47 AM »
Discovery Gardens

August 18, 1998

“Good afternoon. My name is Kerry Gentry and I am coming to you live from BDWO, in the city of Elmfair. Earlier this morning, the Vision Entertainment Group filed plans for an amusement park with the  Bashar County Board of Commissioners. This will be the first amusement park that the Vision Entertainment Group has planned and will furthermore be the largest investment that the city of Elmfair has made. While not much is known about the overall attractions and ride that the proposed amusement park will offer - we did get a small look at drafts that were included in the original proposal.

From what is seen below, this draft is what looks like the proposed entrance area to the amusement park.

You will also see plans for what is allegedly a large roller coaster that will also be constructed with the planned amusement park.

The Bashar County Board has not commented or elaborated on the proposed plans made by the Vision Entertainment Group, but the name Discovery Gardens has also been filed. We hope to bring you more information on this exciting new project in the next few days. Kerry Gentry, BDWO.”
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 09:49 AM by JeriKY »
Life can be like a roller coaster and just when you think you've had enough, and you're ready to get off the ride and take the calm, easy Merry-Go-Round; you change your mind, throw your hands in the air and ride the roller coaster all over again. That's exhilaration...that's living a bit on the edge...that's being ALIVE!
-Stacy Charter, 1999

Creator of Vision Entertainment

Offline JeriKY

• Theme Park Fusion
    • View Profile
Re: Discovery Gardens
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 05:23 PM »
Discovery Gardens

August 24, 1998

"Good morning Elmfair. My name is Kerry Gentry and I am coming to you live at the site - where in just two short years, will be what I am told as the grand entrance to the newly announced amusement park, Discovery Gardens. Last week we received word from the Bashar County Board that plans had been filed by Vision Entertainment Group to build an amusement park. Vision Entertainment also filed for the name, Discovery Gardens. Hosted by the CEO of Vision Entertainment, Ross DeMarcus, officated the ground breaking ceremony for Elmfair's amusement park.

Media from all across the state was invited to attend the event as well as nationwide coaster enthusiast groups.

Discovery Gardens, General Manager William Sonoki, informed us that the park will open with 9 rides and attractions (that includes 2 roller coasters) and several retail and food stores that are exclusive to Vision Entertainment, including Juke's Burger Joint and Social - the Ice Cream Shop. Construction is slated to start immediately and will be visibly underway in the next few weeks. CEO Ross DeMarcus gave Discovery Gardens projected opening day as March 2, 2001.

The park will bring over 300 seasonal jobs and 60 full time positions to the city of Elmfair. You can apply online through Vision Entertainment's direct website. Kerry Gentry, BDWO"

Life can be like a roller coaster and just when you think you've had enough, and you're ready to get off the ride and take the calm, easy Merry-Go-Round; you change your mind, throw your hands in the air and ride the roller coaster all over again. That's exhilaration...that's living a bit on the edge...that's being ALIVE!
-Stacy Charter, 1999

Offline JeriKY

• Theme Park Fusion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 01:12 PM »
Discovery Gardens

March 17th, 1998

"Good afternoon Elmfair. Kerry Gentry reporting with BDWO. We were allowed access into the main plaza of the entrance to Elmfair's first and only amusement park, Discovery Gardens. Behind me you will see the new structure. We are told that the entrance was constructed to allow for heavy crowds and for maximum efficiency with the projected high attendance. General Manager, William Sonoki was out walking with construction crews to see the almost finished entrance. We have also been told that this building will house the main offices for Discovery Gardens as well as the Front Gate Customer Service area.

Ride construction is slated to begin next month. Kerry Gentry, BDWO News."

-Stacy Charter, 1999

Offline JeriKY

• Theme Park Fusion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 02:22 PM »
Note From Author:
I am so glad to be back on Shyguy's World and I am really excited to be creating this park. I am still in the latent amateur stages of learning Planet Coaster and its vast array of possibilities. I noticed that as I continue I tend to get better and quicker at making buildings, scenary pieces, etc., but I pay more attention to detail. This is definitely going to be a big project and I can't wait to bring you this realistic amusement park. During the beginnig stages I used the POV from news reporter to announce Discovery Gardens. Going forward, it will be from the perspective of a senior in high school named Kyle Ford.

Discovery Gardens

August 9th, 1998

Hello! My name is Kyle Ford. Being a senior in high school definitely has its perks. I get to stay out later with my friends, we get to drive around town and go to fun new places, and most importantly it means I am finally of age to work at Discovery Gardens when it opens. I was telling my parents about it during dinner one night and as I was about to go upstairs to finish up some homework - my mom called me down to the living room to see the news:

Tom: "Good evening Elmfair. My name is Tom Geraldo and we are here with General Manager of Discovery Gardens, William Sonoki. I know all of us in the city of Elmfair is extremely excited about this park. What can you tell us about it?"

William: "Everything is ahead of schedule. Our projected opening date is March 2, 2001. We are nearing the final completion of the entrance plaza and we have finished the roller coaster in the park, Shivering Timber."

[Entrance Plaza]

[Back Side of Shivering Timber]

Tom: "How many rides are going to be in the park?"

William: "We are looking at having the roller coaster, an entire kid section with their own junior coaster, and several flat rides. We can't start too big but future plans for Discovery Gardens are looking really great. I can't go into any details about the park right now, but it is definitely going to be a great place for families to have fun.

Tom: Will the park offer season passes or will there just be a single admission ticket?

William: We will definitely have season passes on sale. We actually just finished the Season Pass Processing Center in the park as well. I believe we are looking at getting them on sale starting at the end of December this year. They will be at their lowest price.

[Season Pass Processing Center]

Tom: That's really great news and exciting for all the young adults and kids out their gearing up their Christmas lists. Thank you for coming in William and we look forward to seeing more about this park as construction continues.

I told my mom thank you for letting me see the news interview. I am getting really excited hearing about this park. I've been doing research in the blogs for possible job openings and when they will have a job fair, so hopefully that will be coming up soon!

Later that evening my friends and I got together and we went to the closest area we could get to the park without trespassing on their property. I was able to get a a picture of the roller coaster, Shivering Timber. Looks pretty good! Will definitely report back when they give more updates on the park!

-Stacy Charter, 1999

Offline JeriKY

• Theme Park Fusion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 01:45 PM »
Discovery Gardens

December 21st, 2000

Greetings everyone! So we are now on the final stretch of Discovery Gardens completion with only three months until opening day! I was online and found a localblogger that had posted some really cool pictures of the park so far.

Turns out that Discovery Garden will feature three areas - Camp Discovery, Weindorf Markt, and Wilke's Creek. Judging by his pictures I am assuming he must be a construction worker at the park.

This is the first look at Weindorf Markt.

And he captioned this park: Work is nearing completion!

Can't wait to see what is in store for opening at Discovery Garden. Will let you all know when they begin hiring and I am definitely going to apply!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 06:59 PM by JeriKY »
-Stacy Charter, 1999

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 01:59 PM »
This is looking very nice so far. Love the architecture of Weindorf Markt. I'm looking forward to seeing the other lands.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2019, 04:59 PM »
I also like the Alpine look. Especially the beer garden/eating area surrounded by the hefty posts with the flags and lanterns.

Offline JeriKY

• Theme Park Fusion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2019, 07:39 PM »
This is looking very nice so far. Love the architecture of Weindorf Markt. I'm looking forward to seeing the other lands.

Thank you shyguy! Can't wait to show you. I am almost done with the park so I can really start advancing with the storyline, showing the areas in detail, etc.

I also like the Alpine look. Especially the beer garden/eating area surrounded by the hefty posts with the flags and lanterns.

Thanks JB. The more I play, the more detailed and specific I'm starting to get with the game.

Discovery Gardens

December 21st, 2000

Hey everyone! Kyle here! I know it's kind of late here (10:30PM) but I was doing some last minute reading on the blog for Discovery Garden's progress and I was shocked and so excited to see a POV of the wooden roller coaster Shivering Timber. This looks like it is going to be an AWESOME wooden coaster and I know they are still doing a lot of construction. The construction crew said that they are only able to do late night testing with the rides. Check out the video below:

-Stacy Charter, 1999

Offline Cinestri0

• Livin' Like Larry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2019, 08:32 AM »
Really nice layout! I enjoy how it zips through the forest the way it does and follows the terrain, it seems like a really nice woodie.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2019, 03:30 PM »
I like the long scenic stretch leading from the station up to the start of the lift hill. It adds to the excitement. :)

Offline JeriKY

• Theme Park Fusion
    • View Profile
Opening of Discovery Gardens
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2019, 09:19 PM »
Really nice layout! I enjoy how it zips through the forest the way it does and follows the terrain, it seems like a really nice woodie.

Thanks Cinestri0. It didn't take too long to make but the terrain and landscaping was challenging. And working with the foliage.

I like the long scenic stretch leading from the station up to the start of the lift hill. It adds to the excitement. :)

Yes it does. I wanted a little bit of a 360 view of the wooded area before climbing the hill. Adds to the storyline of the roller coaster a bit too.

Discovery Gardens

March 3, 2001

Hey guys! Kyle here. As you can probably tell (by the date) Discovery Gardens is open! Last month was really busy as we were preparing for training and getting to learn the proper procedures for running the shops. I was hired in to run a shop in Weindorf Markt. Before we get started here is a selfie of me and my friend Robert.

During training we weren't really allowed to take pictures until opening day. I wasn't scheduled to work on the opening but was the next day so I was able to get a lot of pictures before the park opened. They were still testing rides.

This was everyone already clocked in for work and heading towards their areas.

A look back to Camp Discovery (kid's area) from the Guest Service Window up front.

I took the long way around the park to get back to my shop so I was able to get a good early morning picture of Shivering Timber. This thing is so awesome. You can really only see the lift hill and first drop, but there is a lot of the coaster that is hidden in the woods.

Wilke's Creek is the 1/2 mile long walkway through a creek area. I have been told by one of the manager's that this is where Discovery Gardens will host their running marathon through the summer months for charities. I was able to get a few good shots through the trail.

As you continue to walk towards the back you will see the Social Ice Cream parlor (pictured above) and behind Social is the Garden Stage. We haven't been informed too much of what shows will take place here but it is still a pretty large stage. I think they are still working out the details for the summer months.

Weindorf Markt!! My new home! This place is really awesome and makes the back area of the park seem just as entertaining as the front. Weindorf Markt has two rides, das Hurrikan and das Sleigheuser.

Park Opens for Day Two! I really wish I could have been there on opening day but I was in school! I think the Saturday crowd beat the Friday crowd though!

The chaos of Shivering Timber. Through out the entire day from the moment the park opened to closing, Shivering Timber held a 120 minute wait and that area stayed EXTREMELY busy.

As the evening came about, Weindorf started getting really busy and crowded. We have a great restaurant, Jaegerhorn Tavern, that had a long wait.

As I was leaving at the end of my shift, I looked over and they were testing some lights at the stage! Can't wait to see what they have planned for the Garden Stage.

Until next time folks!

I haven't done much recording or done much experimenting with recording footage, but I was so proud of the park I wanted to share that with you all! So below is the video of "Kyle's" experience at the park.
-Stacy Charter, 1999

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2019, 10:47 PM »
Lots (and lots) of nice screenshots here. :)  I like the scene with all the shop operators spreading out to their areas. And I love the woodsy look of the Wilke's Creek walking trail, especially the shot showing the curvy trail with that big maple(?) tree (8th shot down). All of the Weindorf Markt images look great. I like that Jaegerhorn Tavern sign; not sure if it's a billboard, in-game sign, or a Thememaker's Toolkit item.
The "Caution Do Not Enter" sign next to the "Entrance" sign of Shivering Timber is a little confusing; Do we enter here? Or not? Then again, the juxtaposition is kind of humorous.
In that twilight scene, the dude close to the camera with the mohawk is talking into his box of fries. :P
I like the hand-held quality of the video. It looks like a video that someone walking through the park would take in real life.
Very nice update. :up:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 10:52 PM by JB »

Offline JeriKY

• Theme Park Fusion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2019, 01:09 AM »
Lots (and lots) of nice screenshots here. :)  I like the scene with all the shop operators spreading out to their areas. And I love the woodsy look of the Wilke's Creek walking trail, especially the shot showing the curvy trail with that big maple(?) tree (8th shot down). All of the Weindorf Markt images look great. I like that Jaegerhorn Tavern sign; not sure if it's a billboard, in-game sign, or a Thememaker's Toolkit item.
The "Caution Do Not Enter" sign next to the "Entrance" sign of Shivering Timber is a little confusing; Do we enter here? Or not? Then again, the juxtaposition is kind of humorous.
In that twilight scene, the dude close to the camera with the mohawk is talking into his box of fries. :P
I like the hand-held quality of the video. It looks like a video that someone walking through the park would take in real life.
Very nice update. :up:

Thanks JB! I was trying to go for as much realism as possible with the shots even from "hiring" everyone and the selfie. The walking trail is honestly one of my favorite things in the park. That and Weindorf Markt. It is a billboard in-game just doubled up so it has a hanging effect.

The "Caution Do Not Enter" was taken down. I was going for a "keep out" effect for the theming of the roller coaster, but I agree it was a bit confusing.

I watched a few tutorial videos so I am going to be working and experimenting on those next!

Discovery Gardens

April 19th, 2001

Hey everyone! Kyle here. Today I am turning 19 years old and what better way to celebrate than going to Discovery Gardens? I was off today so I called up my best friend and we decided to venture around. The park wasn't as busy as opening day, but still had a decent amount of time to queue for rides.

Going up Shivering Timber always gets me really excited for the ride. Rumors have started going around at work that they will be offering behind-the-scenes look at the ride.

I did hear that they are considering expanding Camp Discovery as it is a lot busier than what they thought it was going to be.

I think this is the tallest ride in the park, but yet it is the one that is least busy. We were able to walk right on with no wait time.

However, while I was on the Sky Wheel I saw in the distance there was some construction work going on behind the Papitos Mexican Restaurant. I couldn't get a close picture because the Sky Wheel kept spinning, but that would be news to me if they are working on something. I will have to ask my Supervisor when I go to work tomorrow.

Another great day at Discovery Gardens. They don't stay open as late as they did when they first opened but I think they are going to have extended hours once the summer hits! I go back to work tomorrow and I will try and see if I can find out what is going on behind the restaurant!

-Stacy Charter, 1999

Offline JeriKY

• Theme Park Fusion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2019, 11:26 AM »
Discovery Gardens

August 28th, 2001

Another beautiful day at work! Kyle here everyone! I was working a later shift today as the summer hours were extended until 11:00 PM. As I came in I knew that night rides on Shivering Timber always caused a huge crowd for this ride. I just didn't realize it caused THIS much chaos!

I walked around the slower side of the park near Wilke's Creek to head back to my shop at Weindorf Markt. As I was walking back though - my second favorite ride "X-Fury" was reaching its altitude and I just had to take a picture.

WAIT JUST A SECOND!As I walking back next to "X-Fury" I noticed the Garden Stage had a new sign posted. As you can see below people were noticing and talking about it. I'm hoping it has something to do with the construction I saw going on behind Papitos.

I wanted to take a selfie by the stage. I really do hope it's going to be an announcement for a new ride!

Just a little more experimenting with the camera/recording process

-Stacy Charter, 1999

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2019, 02:23 PM »
Your (Kyle's) narration has a nice natural sound to it; very true-to-life, makes it easy to follow.

Beautiful shot of Shivering Timber reflected in the lake at the end of the video.

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2019, 08:58 AM »
Really nice job on this so far! I am loving all the details and that shot overlooking the lake is awesome. Keep up the good work!  :up:

Offline JeriKY

• Theme Park Fusion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2019, 03:31 PM »
Discovery Gardens

September 6th, 2011

Another day at work! Today was extremey busy, but still fun nonetheless. As I was walking back to Weindorf Markt, I noticed there was a huge crowd gathered around Jaegerhorn Tavern restaurant.

I asked my supervisor why the restaurant was so packed, and apparently the tavern had a special on beer today! Go figure!

During my break I walked around the park and took my pictures:

This morning before the park opened I heard that they were operating Shivering Timber with three trains to help with the long lines. Apparently it did the trick as the line never got any longer than a 45 minute wait.

Papitos Mexican Restaurant is amazing! Definitely one of the best places in the park!

Major Announcement

So apparently a little card was sent out to media outlets all over Bashar County and through the city of Elmfair:

Join the Hunt?? I am not sure what it is going to entail but I am so excited for it! Maybe this will be the announcement of what was going on behind Papitos the day I was up on the Sky Wheel.

It's so cool to think that in just three days this stage will be the center of the announcement! See you all on September 9th!!!!

« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 10:38 PM by JeriKY »
-Stacy Charter, 1999

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2019, 05:52 PM »
I really like the Alpine look of Jaegerhorn Tavern. The balcony (and railing) that wraps around the second floor adds a lot to its appearance. That shot of X-Fury rising above the trees reminds me of the 'Tripods' in H.G. Wells' "War Of The Worlds".

Offline JeriKY

• Theme Park Fusion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2019, 10:51 PM »
Discovery Gardens

September 8th, 2001

Hey everyone! Kyle here. Tonight was an extremely busy night as the park is gearing towards closing for the season. Less than a month before the park closes its gate for the off season.

But everyone is in full excitement for the announcement coming tomorrow morning!

I was able to get a few pictures this evening as I was leaving my shift today. They had the stage lit up and the announcement card posted everywhere in the park!

There was even news crew setting up their equipment in preparation for the announcement.

Even as you walk in the park, the sign is posted!

I hope what ever it is they are announcing is going to be a great addition to the park and will help alleviate some of the crowds from Shivering Timber. Until 9am on Monday - I will see you all then!
-Stacy Charter, 1999

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2019, 04:04 AM »
Love your story and your attention to detail!

As others have said, the Alpine area is my favorite.

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2019, 04:57 AM »
Wow, this is a beautiful park!!! Layout and architecture is top notch and the atmosphere feels so real!!! You have fantastic rides in there and do take breathtaking screenshots! Can't wait to see more of this beauty of a park!!!
A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop :)
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline JeriKY

• Theme Park Fusion
    • View Profile
2002 Spring Announcement
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2019, 07:18 AM »
Spoiler (hover to show)

Discovery Gardens

September 9th, 2001

Kyle here everyone! So today is the day of the special announcement. Only a certain amount of people were invited to the reveal as the park doesn't open until 10am. I was scheduled in at 8:30am to work Papitos as they were serving a beautiful Mexican-inspired breakfast for the press/media outlets.

I was able to get a few pictures of the park first thing in the morning and upon walking in the first thing I noticed was the massive construction cranes that were brought in over night.

I started walking back towards Papitos and was able to get a few more good shots of the work. This was definitely going to be a huge announcement.

Right around 8:50am they started letting media outlets in the park and they started getting seated in the stands at the Garden Stage. The excitement was definitely radiating through the people and my coworkers as we knew this was going to be awesome! I was able to get one more good shot of the Sky Wheel against the city of Elmfair

I also took a video of what was happening as I was walking into the park, and right before the announcement. We were told once everyone was seated in the stands that we could also watch the announcement .

*Special thanks to my friends who really helped give me ideas for this project! The video is a little lengthy, but so are big premiere videos!*

-Stacy Charter, 1999

Offline JeriKY

• Theme Park Fusion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2019, 01:14 PM »
Continuation of previous reply, post announcement. This is the full HD version of the announcement. POV Video will be coming soon!

-Stacy Charter, 1999

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2019, 01:45 PM »
I like the video-within-a-video idea. :)  And again, I like the realistic camerawork of Kyle's video; a bit long (like you said), but it has that 'raw footage' look to it. Zooming the camera in and out, panning left and right; just capturing the atmosphere of your surroundings. It has a 'you are there' feel to it.

Offline JeriKY

• Theme Park Fusion
    • View Profile
End of Season 2001 [Year 1] - Discovery Gardens
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2019, 04:20 PM »
Spoiler (hover to show)

Discovery Gardens

September 30, 2001

Today was probably the saddest day I think I've experienced at Discovery Gardens as it was the last day of the operating season. I never thought that I would be given such a great opportunity to be part of this amazing park and it have such a huge impact on me. As college is about to go back in session, it is time for me to focus more on school during the off season.

My last day of work was filled with a mixture of happiness, tears, and sadness as coworkers, guests, and myself said farewell to the park for 2001.

It was the second busiest day at the park (the first being the opening), according to my supervisor.

Construction was well under way for the new roller coaster, Grizzly Expedition. I couldn't wait to see the final product.

das Hurrikan was the busiest flat ride of the season!

And shortly behind it was X-Fury the Giant Frisbee ride. I also noticed that they had brought in a third crane. I am assuming this roller coaster was going to cover a lot of area in the park

The Garden Stage - where they announced Grizzly Expedition. I am hoping next year they do more with the stage and start working towards having shows for guests.

The sunset was beautiful today so I had to get a selfie

I really hope that they work more on Sky Wheel and try to get more people to ride this classic ferris wheel. Meanwhile, Shivering Timber was the busiest ride of the entire park and for the season averaged a wait time of 120 minutes for the year.I am hoping with the addition of Grizzly Expedition, it will alleviate some of that built up crowd congestion.

Just a picture of the third crane they brought in for construction on the new roller coaster

Weindorf Markt without a doubt, is my favorite area of the park. I do hope that they look at expanding it though with more attractions and maybe a new roller coaster someday. What do you think?

das Sleigheuser was closed before the park closed today as it was having technical difficulties. This put a bit of a dark overcast on Weindorf Markt shortly after I took my picture above.

I was able to get off right before the park closed at 11 so I got one last picture overlooking the lake towards Shivering Timber.

Getting out of the park was a whole different story. The crowds leaving were insane, but it was still a good feeling to hear everyone talking about the park and how much fun they had through the year.

Shivering Timber is the welcoming ride as you are first walking up to the front gate.

Until the 2002 season, Discovery Gardens! Thank you for the great fun and creating awesome memories for the opening year!

Thank you all for the comments and readers of this blog! Without you all creating content and stories for SGW - Planet Coaster wouldn't be half as fun as it is. I just want to continue to show support across the forums and can't wait to come back with the 2002 Season! Stay tuned[/u].

#RideOn

-Stacy Charter, 1999

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2019, 10:19 PM »
Nice night shots of Weindorf Markt, especially the one with the Luxembourg and Dusseldorf signs. And that moonlit shot of Shivering Timber has an eerie, surreal look that evokes all kinds of emotions. Looking forward to seeing Grizzly Expedition.

Offline JeriKY

• Theme Park Fusion
    • View Profile
Grizzly Expedition Update
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2019, 02:35 PM »
Spoiler (hover to show)

News Article:
An Expedition To Remember

September 9th, 2001 - the new Discovery Gardens amusement park unveiled its upcoming roller coaster, Grizzly Expedition. This unique mine train roller coaster will travel well over 3,300 feet of wood and steel track through the woods, making it the longest roller coaster of its type in the world. This ride will also climb three lift hill sections and reach a top speed of 44 miles per hour. General Manager, William Sonoki said: "We wanted a ride that not only will be just as great as a ride as Shivering Timber, but something that was a different experience in itself. Discovery Gardens is going to strive to remain a trend setter in the amusement park industry and will bring you the best coasters that we can!"

Pictured Below: The newly finished sign for Grizzly Expedition.

Grizzly Expedition's other key feature is that it features two-60-degree drops making it the steepest roller coater of its kind in the world. Trains were built by renowned world manufacturer Vekoma.

Pictured Below: Grizzly Expedition will operate with 3 trains - 5 cars each train.

The new area of the park will also open with Jack Smokehouse, a BBQ-family restaurant.

The ride will open to the public for the park's second season, on March 1st, 2002. 
[/size][/center]
-Stacy Charter, 1999

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2019, 02:44 PM »
Judging from the last screenshot, Expedition Grizzly is going to be everything I thought it would be- woodsy and mountainous with the track hugging the landscape. Probably a few water features as well. :up:

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2019, 03:51 PM »
Loving this park so far and I enjoy the drawings and story telling as well!

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2019, 02:31 PM »
Top notch construction AND presentation.  The photos are just astounding throughout; angle, lighting, composition, etc.

As for the park everything looks great, the entrance sign stands out but the stage even moreso.  I'm going to study details on that one that I can incorporate into my stuff.