Happy Hollow Pumpkin Patch: The 2019 conclusion

• 119 replies

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Hollow Pumpkin Patch -- Season 9: Scary At Last
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2019, 04:58 AM »
I LOVE THIS SO MUCH I WANNA GO TO IT IN REAL LIFE!!!  Is the werewolf for sale?  Asking for a friend...   :whistling:

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2019, 08:56 AM »
Ohh man! That is just spooky! I love it all; it looks classic! You did a great job with this man!

Offline planetthrilldude57

• Always on the move
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2019, 06:57 PM »
I'm lovin that queue!  :P That must have taken a lot of patience to build that mansion! Love the eeriness!

« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2019, 06:58 AM »
The Petersen's farm is getting very spooky indeed.

Hehe, I definitely bumped up showing at least the exterior since we're getting close to the holiday and there's still lots of non-spooky updates I have to get through. 

ditto - what was more of a family looking park up to now...is turning very scary...but I love it.

I think, ironically, by the end this will be the most family friendly park I've built.  There's more for kids here than any of my other parks.  But it's Halloween, so the adult stuff is gonna have to be in here too! 

I love everything about that last shot. :)  And the first statue is indeed creepy, but also beautiful, drenched in that purple light.
And I don't think BH had any fire hydrant tombstones, just regular ones (in multiple colors and flow-rates. ;))  I thought maybe you just re-colored one of his. So yes, dammit, you were indeed being clever. :P

**whew**.  Being clever is very important to me.   :P   Lots of Bullethead's work does remain though, he did a lot of infrastructure stuff to prep this place with roads, power lines, and various stuff that would have been challenging in a competition (the park land is divided by a highway; I'm very lucky I haven't had to expand over the road yet!

Like the new Pirate area, but I'm really loving the haunted house! This little family park is really shaping up!
The queue with all the crypts and statues looks fantastic!

Thanks CT; the pirate stuff seemed like a theming stretch but both of my inspiration farms have a lot of pirate stuff.  The pirate maze in particular comes from one of those parks.

Yes its now much more scary looking... but those dark pictures with the haunted house look amazing and fit perfect into that time of the year... Amazing project... :)

I timed that photo to be during a lightning flash... there's a strobe on the workshop that I'm using throughout the attraction and I think it will turn out well when I make the video :)

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH I WANNA GO TO IT IN REAL LIFE!!!  Is the werewolf for sale?  Asking for a friend...   :whistling:

Haha, I have no doubt this is your favorite time of year!  Thanks for all the inspiration on this one; your ability to build multiple spooky attractions in the same park and have them co-exist flawlessly was one of my major influences for wanting to do this.  (The werewolf in the emporium is not a sale item, although several guests have asked.  :P)

Ohh man! That is just spooky! I love it all; it looks classic! You did a great job with this man!

Thanks Plokoon, it's definitely been a fun project that has renewed some interest for me with this game.

I'm lovin that queue!  :P That must have taken a lot of patience to build that mansion! Love the eeriness!

Man, you have no idea.  I've probably spent more hours on that one attraction than any I've done before... a couple weeks non-stop dedicated just to that, and then the last month or so I've done a little more to it each time I load the park.  I feel like the editing process could go on forever because I keep thinking of things.  I hope everyone gets sufficiently creeped out by it!   

------

Season 10:  Last year's haunted house walkthrough was just what this park needed.  Guests were staying longer (everyone wanted to experience the cemetary at night) and weeknight business picked up dramatically with people coming out after work for a fun evening of spookiness in the dark.  In fact, minus the investment cost of the haunted house, year 9 was the first time the Petersens' showed a profit in the books.

However, they did pull back again in season 10.  With lots of big stuff in the works (including 3 more themed areas) they spent this year just focusing on filling in some gaps along the path in the original area.  Still trying to connect the pumpkin plaza to the barnyard area, the Petersen family added the following:

"Back Porch Pies" used some of Granny Petersen's recipes for pumpkin, apple, and (unfortunately) rhubarb, with special pie-of-the-day menu additions.  The counter is meant to look like a windowsill where people are always leaving their pies to cool in Disney movies.

There was some unused space in the back of the tilt-a-whirl building, so a couple of midway games were added.  (Mary would like me to remind everyone that you should not attempt to tip a cow in real life, they can't be pushed over as easily as urban legend implies and it's dangerous for both human and animal.)

When the Eerie Emporium was added the Cider Press was relocated to this area, right near the bridge to the train station.

There was room between the two buildings for a small dock out over the creek, and the Petersen boys created a cute little vignette of a mannequin fisherman in a sinking boat.

All of the above, plus a glimpse of the train station:  (the neon mini golf is just on the other side of those train tracks, the archery range is behind that)

Meanwhile, closer to the barnyard, guests could now "bob for apples" with fishing poles.  Nobody wants to dunk their head in a bucket of water this time of year, not to mention, it's just plain gross.

Another Disney-esque vignette for the path leading back around to the front of the park...

Season 11 will bring a new western themed area finally connecting the train station to the barnyard slides, photos coming soon.

Special thanks to Fisherman for his "Bob'n Apples" stand, much more from him is coming soon as well.  :D
And an additional shout to Corkscrewloop for the TMTK items used on the pie shop.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 07:03 AM by JPAlmighT »

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2019, 07:04 AM »
Nice update man. I just noticed I get a N747 CPG vibe to this; if you remember how that park started out.

Re: Happy Hollow Pumpkin Patch -- Season 10: Food and games
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2019, 07:08 AM »
I don't remember that one -  at the time that I was posting for RCT3 I don't think he had any park projects but was making a lot of cool custom trees that really changed the game.  But your post reminds me that I really need to stop in over there and say hi to everyone.

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2019, 07:19 AM »
It was a community influenced park from around 2008 I believe? It was very influential. But so far this park is influencing me for sure!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2019, 08:02 AM »
So perfect.  Is that me in the boat?  Ironically, I hate fishing in real life.  Fun Fisherman fact there for ya.  :mad:up:

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2019, 01:03 PM »
Paved walkways! I'm impressed.  :P
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2019, 01:26 PM »
I love the lighting in the first pic; with the nearly silhouetted trees and such. You should tell the Petersen boys that the water from the water jet in the sinking boat is going to come straight down and really sink the boat. :P  You made good use of Fisherman's Bob'n for Apples stand; it looks great here. In the last shot, I like the nod to Disney's HM with those ghost horses (that we can't see) pulling the wagon with the skeleton driver.

« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2019, 08:03 AM »
Looking fantastic!

I think you may have a drainage problem in that first pic. All the rain water from the tracks is going to roll down that little hillock right into the pie shop! Soggy rhubarb! Yum!

Seriously, everything looks great. I really like the shot of the covered bridge leading to the train station. It looks absolutely real!

« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2019, 04:14 AM »
It was a community influenced park from around 2008 I believe? It was very influential. But so far this park is influencing me for sure!

Not sure what I was doing then... playing Sims 3 maybe?  My game life is a blur... :P

So perfect.  Is that me in the boat?  Ironically, I hate fishing in real life.  Fun Fisherman fact there for ya.  :mad:up:

Nah, can't be you... I don't think the mannequin has a beard :P  But that reminds me that I do need to get your name in here somewhere for all you've done to contribute on this.  Thanks!!

Paved walkways! I'm impressed.  :P

You mean the wooden plank "sidewalk" on the left?  It leads down a hill to the western area so seemed like a good way to cover up those stupid sidewalk pegs.  I feel like 90% of this project has been covering up those pegs.  :P

I love the lighting in the first pic; with the nearly silhouetted trees and such. You should tell the Petersen boys that the water from the water jet in the sinking boat is going to come straight down and really sink the boat. :P  You made good use of Fisherman's Bob'n for Apples stand; it looks great here. In the last shot, I like the nod to Disney's HM with those ghost horses (that we can't see) pulling the wagon with the skeleton driver.

Haha, the boat needed to be more askew in that photo, I'm going to fix it.  These Petersens are such amateurs :P.    I agree about Fisherman's stands; amazing detail and so versatile.  You could just about use them in any park, haunted or not. 

Looking fantastic!
I think you may have a drainage problem in that first pic. All the rain water from the tracks is going to roll down that little hillock right into the pie shop! Soggy rhubarb! Yum!
Seriously, everything looks great. I really like the shot of the covered bridge leading to the train station. It looks absolutely real!

Thanks CT!  I like this observation and I'm going to see if I can solve the drainage issue before today's post, although technically, it doesn't matter what happens to the rhubarb because nothing is going to make that taste good!  yuck!    :vomit:

Thanks everyone, I'll be back shortly with those western village pics...

« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2019, 06:03 AM »
First some edits:

I felt like the haunted house was looking too much like a mansion and not so much like a farmhouse.  The farmhouse look is kind of important for the POV once you get inside, it's just much scarier as an abandoned farmhouse.  As the ride inside grew I kept making the facade bigger as well, so I pulled way back on that (it's still a big ride that has to be hidden, so it's still a bigger facade than I want.)  The workshop sign might be a bit over the top but I figured if they're going to spend all that money to make it a tracked ride they'd probably throw a few bucks in for some signage as well, and the area could definitely stand for a little more color...

That big fairytale archpiece as a backdrop for this scene was too bright and the scene needed to be creepier as it's the last thing you see in the queue before going inside the house...

Ok citytrader, this shot is for you:

Those drainage grates lead to a sewer pipe that runs behind the pie shop and dumps into the creek.  The terrain to the front of the drainage grates actually does kind of flow away from the pie shop, so I don't think they'll have anymore problems with soggy rhubarb.

And for JB, the boat is now rigged to allow the fountain to drain out of the boat (and the boat is, um, attached to the creekbed so it won't sink no matter how much water is inside :P  )

Those last two pictures lead right into the new western area that was added in season 11, filling up the last of the empty land between the front of the park and the barnyard area so that all the pathing in the main park has contiguous attractions the entire way...

Many of the attractions in this area are straight out of my source park, (not the Whip, obviously.)  But adding a new flat ride did give me the opportunity to add another walkthrough attraction...

Robber's cave is nothing too elaborate, just a small section of pathing cut into the dirt next to the Grist Mill (duplicated from my Holliday Harbour project).   The sluice box setup in front of the mill is an attraction unto itself, kids can buy "mining supplies" in the general store in this section and then pan for treasures (probably just little gold coins or something.)

^^The cave is just a bunch of fake rock and chickenwire, all wrapped around a central waterfall feature.  I could've done more in there with skeletons and mannequin miners I suppose, but it's a small area and I don't think too many people are going to see it.  :(

As another time-saver, the western shooting gallery is copied out of my original Peony Park map, and scaled down considerably to fit the budget here.

The Saloon is just restrooms, and the Sheriff's office is just a funnel cake booth.  [Looking at the Saloon now and the way it's built into the terrain makes me think maybe that should've been a "slanted house" type walkthrough...]

And the smithery is just a small first aid station, but it has heating and cooling for new mom's to deal with feeding and diapers and such with some level of privacy and comfort unavailable elsewhere in the park.

Now that everything is connected, I can pull the camera back and show most of the map:

The Angry Birds (somehow they got the rights to keep that) is just offscreen on the lower right, and a new midway section, along with lots of other stuff is being built in that area as well; you can glimpse another upcoming flat ride and the beginning of the midway games just below and to the right of the cemetary.

Peter's pumpkin eating dragon is offscreen behind the Eerie Emporium on the far left, and there's also a lot of land back there where the corn maze used to be.  That will become a new (unrealistically overthemed) area for kids in season 12, and it will include a small rollercoaster.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 06:06 AM by JPAlmighT »

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Hollow Pumpkin Patch -- Season 11: Go West!
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2019, 06:35 AM »
You should rename the haunted house to "The Best Little Horror House in Texas"  :yes: :no: :yes:

I love the new look of the Horror House exterior. 

« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2019, 07:31 AM »
hahaha, we share a brain.  I was going to add a blurb about how the boys didn't want Mrs P to call it "Horror House" because some people don't enunciate properly  :n00b: :P :facepalm:

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2019, 07:50 AM »
I'm digging the shooting gallery. Something I need to make in my project, now that your picture reminded me. Love the cave as well, and how it's made of chicken wire, very realistic!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2019, 07:50 AM »
If you and I share a brain and we each use half... Well that explains a LOT.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2019, 12:52 PM »
You mean the wooden plank "sidewalk" on the left?  It leads down a hill to the western area so seemed like a good way to cover up those stupid sidewalk pegs.  I feel like 90% of this project has been covering up those pegs.  :P
The walkways in the night shots looked like pavement, but I can see from the new daytime shots that I was wrong and they're actually dirt. Anyway, love all the new additions in this update. The farm is really turning into a top notch attraction!
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2019, 02:46 PM »
Didn't think I would like the new western section, but you won me over with the simplicity of the place. I also really like how you integrate the structures into the scenery base.

Sewer grates! Brilliant!                             

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2019, 02:50 PM »
The entryway statue/archpiece does indeed look creepier now; a little less beautiful but still nice- which, I think, is what you're going for. I like how the statue is lit half-n-half with orange-y on one side, magenta on the other.

I figured that the rowboat was anchored to the ground and that it couldn't actually sink. But now that the boat is tilted, it's nice to know that it isn't going to complexly fill up. ;)

I love the look of the western area. The windmill atop the Whip looks great. It adds visual height the the area. The shot of the Robber's Cave façade, along with the water tower up on that little bluff with the rocks, is my favorite pic in this update. :)

Seeing the overhead shot, I'm reminded of how appropriate and natural the dirt pathing is in this park. And wow, the Petersen's have really built themselves quite a fun and extensive destination here. A far cry from the li'l punkin patch.

« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2019, 04:25 PM »
If you and I share a brain and we each use half... Well that explains a LOT.

I don't think you've been giving me half.  I feel like I'm ending up with about 5% and I feel we need to renegotiate :P

The walkways in the night shots looked like pavement, but I can see from the new daytime shots that I was wrong and they're actually dirt. Anyway, love all the new additions in this update. The farm is really turning into a top notch attraction!

Maybe not pavement, but the cobblestone will return in this update.  And I agree with you about the farm, I think there's some money to be made here.   ;)

Didn't think I would like the new western section, but you won me over with the simplicity of the place. I also really like how you integrate the structures into the scenery base.                     

I really restrained to try and stay with the simplicity, like I said almost all of that comes from my source park.  The Grist Mill might be a little much, but even those aren't too uncommon in rustic parks.

I love the look of the western area. The windmill atop the Whip looks great. It adds visual height the the area. The shot of the Robber's Cave façade, along with the water tower up on that little bluff with the rocks, is my favorite pic in this update. :)

Seeing the overhead shot, I'm reminded of how appropriate and natural the dirt pathing is in this park. And wow, the Petersen's have really built themselves quite a fun and extensive destination here. A far cry from the li'l punkin patch.

I was happy with how that grist mill/water tower combo kind of anchored the area with a rare focal point.  It's still small and I wish I could've gone bigger, but looks like it worked out for the best as Halloween has really creeped up fast on me.  hehe... "creeped."  Get it?

-----------------------------

So back in the early 2000's I heard about what the Petersen family was doing with their little family pumpkin patch, and I was curious.  This was a couple of seasons in and I was impressed, but I could see that they were struggling.  I introduced myself to Mrs. P. and invited her to my office downtown at AlmightyCorp.  Initially hoping to just pawn off a few spare flat rides I had lying around, much to my surprise Mrs. P kept coming back for more.  Once I was able to pawn off that tired old pirate ship I knew I had her.

I continued to allow her to defer payments until season 10 when the park made it's first profit.  I gave them one more year to pay the balance, and I even threw in The Whip for free.  Obviously they were not able, and the Petersens were forced to sell the farm.  To me.

But I'm not entirely evil.  I gave them a generous sum, forgave their debt, and gave both of the Petersens prominent positions within the Happy Hollow organization.  (They did have to surrender their house, of course.  I'm going to need that land someday.)  From what I understood, they were even able to help the boys with their college tuition.  Which reminds me, um, Mary... you can go now.  Thanks for all the old pictures but Almightycorp has their own marketing department, we'll take it from here.

We had a lot of work ahead of us in season 12, including an old rollercoaster that I needed to make some money on.  Park lighting was improved throughout to accomodate the evening crowds, and we added a new heavily themed land in the empty area behind the Eerie Emporium.

Here we go, brand new for season 12, Happy Hollow is proud to introduce "Storybook Garden."

It's not a large area, made even smaller by the fact that there's a roller coaster back in there somewhere.  Right into the gate you're going to see the giant shoe and Rapunzels' tower that I picked up at that Peony Park auction back in '94.  We also have a beautifully themed caramel apple stand.

Continuing down the path to the right, we have a lifesize pumpkin house, because of course we do.  We also have a new swan flat ride for the kiddies, and a small stage for children themed shows (also picked up at the PP auction.)  All of this takes you right to the rear entrance of the Eerie Emporium, where we hope you will buy lots of things you don't need.

One of the few spots along the path where you actually have some visibility to the new coaster:

But back toward the entrance to the area, to the left of the caramel apple stand, you can see Peter's Purple Pumpkin Eater, pretty much unchanged from season 2.  We're even going to keep the name for now.  There's also a "witch's tree" walkthrough attraction... think "Swiss Family Robinson" with much less money.  [Turns out you can easily wrap a queue path on the catwalk around that tree, who knew? In this case it's another priority pass, so technically an optional attraction if you just want to ride the coaster.] 

Yep, big castle made out of wood and spray foam.  It's probably asbestos, but whatever.  It's the station for our Purple Pumpkin coaster, and we think the kids will love it.

Since there's really no other opportunities to see the coaster from the path, we had to send up the Almightycorp drones for these shots, because drones have been invented now.

^^(An early summer shot, the pumpkins that will populate that field around the coaster haven't sprouted yet.)

The footbridge off to the right currently goes nowhere, the Petersens' must've put that up at one time to give themselves easier access to Bullethead Falls.  It's very pretty.

Yes, this was a big investment for Almightycorp, especially for a six week seasonal park.  Which is why we're also proud to announce that the front of the park will now open on August 1st, six weeks earlier.  With limited attractions of course, but the coaster and most of the flats will be running.

And you'll be happy to know that the Petersens are doing very well following their divorce; they manage separate sections of the park and seldom run into each other onsite.  Mary alternates time with both parents, and the boys, well, the boys apparently don't seem to come back to town much since getting away from the family.  I'm sure they're fine.

-------------------------

So the story is this, I came up with all of that weeks ago as one possible way of allowing myself to build stuff that would not realistically happen in a family pumpkin patch.  As time went on I tried to back out of it and just let my imaginary farmers have their success story, but I need to wrap this up faster, and some of these builds are getting ridiculous.  There's go-karts and a zombie dark ride on the way, people.

As for "Storybook Garden," there really is an attraction with that name in my source park; it's just a walkthrough of a bunch of miniature castles and stuff.  I figured I could combine that idea with the fake dragon and expand an entire land out of it.

Big thanks this week to Fisherman for the Poisoned Apples, and BBordewyk for nearly every visible light fixture in this entire land, including the beautiful mushrooms that shouldn't even be possible to create.  And also, I guess, thanks to me for all this Peony Park crap from 2 years ago :P

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Hollow Pumpkin Patch -- Season 12: Once Upon A Time...
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2019, 04:43 PM »
I love how you gave detail to the outskirts with the road and fence. Lovely update!

« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2019, 05:44 PM »
Credit goes to Bullethead on that... the road, outer fencing, terrain, telephone wires, cleverly placed roadkill splat, he really did a lot of work on this map.  Including the waterfall that I named after him :D

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2019, 06:10 PM »
How is Bullethead doing? I havent seen him around, he was a nice dude.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2019, 09:26 PM »
I love the Storybook Garden area! The giant shoe, the giant pumpkin, the theming on the buildings, BBordewyk's lights, the trees and flowers (even the fallen leaves on the ground). My favorite shot here, is the one with our first look at the Purple Pumpkin coaster station ("probably asbestos"). In the next pic, I like the purple and green stonework with the purple roofs, purple windmill, purple... etc. :P

Kinda sad to see the Petersens take a back seat now. (divorce?) But I totally get how it needed to be done, for the reasons you gave. I'm glad to see that Peter's Purple Pumpkin Eater is still in the park. It's always nice that a park (especially real-world parks) holds on to a few thing from its early days.

Storybook Garden... hmm, sounds familiar. I have a ride in my Imaginarium park by that name (mine has an 's' on the end). Of course, I stole the name/concept from Disneyland's ride with a similar name. And I'm guessing your walkthrough ride got its name/concept from the Disney ride as well. It's such a generic name that probably everyone has a Storybook Garden(s) in at least one of their parks. I really enjoyed this update. :)

« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2019, 04:13 AM »
Plokoon:  Haven't caught him online in a couple weeks (our gaming hobbies don't seem to align much these days) but last time we spoke he seemed to be doing well as always.   Hopefully he'll stop in here at some point and see what I've done to destroy his beautiful map :P

JB:  Here's a pdf file of a relatively current map of the main park I've been using as source material.  Attraction #20 is "Storybook Barn & Garden" (my version certainly didn't need another barn in this area.  But now I need to go look for your park because I feel like there's stuff there I haven't seen.
https://www.valaspumpkinpatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Valas-Pumpkin-Patch-Map.pdf

I suppose the divorce line isn't necesarily humorous but it seemed like the natural progression of their relationship after she went behind his back with all of these deals that ended up costing them the farm.  Plus, it didn't really seem like they were entirely happy together all along.  :P

As I was posting pictures yesterday I saw a bunch of unfinished work and a few missed opportunities.  Most of this was built a couple weeks ago (carelessly) and I quickly moved along to other things, so I took a few minutes this morning to tidy up.... The windmill was the last minute addition yesterday that made me realize "they could never afford this," hence the abrupt story change.  But it was very rushed and the surrounding land was largely overlooked...

And then some of the stuff actually photographed better than I expected, so I went back to the "Witch's Tree" and attempted to quickly finish what I started....  (covering up the queue railings really added to the "Swiss Family" effect, nothing in this area had attraction signs, and the witch statue needed to be relocated to better tease the ride.)   Some of the locals commented that the statue bared a striking resemblance to Mrs. Petersen, but personally I don't see it.

And for a ride named "Purple Pumpkin Coaster" there wasn't much about the castle to incorporate the pumpkin concept.  I also felt like from the right angle and lighting I could maybe pull off a decent photo...

And now I suppose I should use the rest of my morning to see if anything else in this park can possibly be finished.  The Haunted House is done, I should probably get that filmed before time gets away from me...  Halloween is 7 days away!   :n00b: :whistling:

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2019, 04:32 AM »
Purple pumpkin coaster looks so much fun! What are those rocks along the water? They look like pebbles.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2019, 01:26 PM »
Looking at the PDF of Valas Pumpkin Patch, I can see a lot of similarities with Happy Hollow. :)  And you're right, the Adventure/Pirate fencing (as it is called in RCT3. Also in PC?) does give the Witch's Tree that "Witch Family Petersen's Treehouse" look.

« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2019, 08:02 PM »
Plokoon:  It's a TMTK item, in 2 sizes.  These are the smaller size and they're great for lining bodies of water (and so much easier than plopping a bunch of rocks individually :) )

JB:  Does that attraction even still exist?  It would be a fun one to build in a disney re-creation type park.  Maybe a park of "lost" attractions, including 20,000 leagues...  Mr. Toads would probably be a nightmare   :down:

Speaking of nightmares...

I rushed out a video of the haunted house the other night, got it online and watched it a few times...  decided to delete it from youtube and make some edits.  I think I ended up deleting more than I added; there was some thematic overkill going on.  [I kind of feel like this attraction excels most in what it doesn't do.]  Hopefully the new version will be better and I'll be able to get it shot and published again yet this weekend.

Aren't you just shivering with antici--

« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 08:04 PM by JPAlmighT »

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Hollow Pumpkin Patch -- There's a Light...
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2019, 09:31 PM »
...pation. :D  Looks like there's 'someone' home in the ol' haunted house.  The Swiss Family R. Treehouse is now Tarzan's Treehouse. (The last I heard.)