What kind of cpu would I need for 10,000 + guests to get at least 30 fps +

• 8 replies

Offline max2

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Curious. I know it is not realistic but I always wish it was possible.

Not trying to say anything bad about the game though. I understand it does a lot and just requires a lot of power if you want a lot of stuff and well over 5,000 guests.

Offline Digler

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Well, I have an i7 9700k, with GTX 970 and 16g ram.  I can achieve about 40,000 pieces with about 4,500 guests...FPS drops to 20.

Offline max2

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Well, I have an i7 9700k, with GTX 970 and 16g ram.  I can achieve about 40,000 pieces with about 4,500 guests...FPS drops to 20.

Thanks for a honest answer.

I bought a desktop earlier this Summer,  same CPU as above with a RTX2060 instead, not sure if that would make a difference. (Also with a Samsung SSD into a true nVme m.2 port.) If you want to send a park similar I could probably test it out.

Check out my latest projects!
Ride | Custom Scenery  | Park

Offline max2

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
I bought a desktop earlier this Summer,  same CPU as above with a RTX2060 instead, not sure if that would make a difference. (Also with a Samsung SSD into a true nVme m.2 port.) If you want to send a park similar I could probably test it out.

Here you go. Thanks.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=810973406

Offline Digler

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Here you go. Thanks.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=810973406

I got 5-12fps in this park. 14,000 pieces, and 11,200 guests.   My GTX970 is oc'ed to the max...and my CPU is oc'ed @4.9Ghz... I truly love this game, but it's an FPS mess.

Offline max2

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
I got 5-12fps in this park. 14,000 pieces, and 11,200 guests.   My GTX970 is oc'ed to the max...and my CPU is oc'ed @4.9Ghz... I truly love this game, but it's an FPS mess.

I agree

I mustered 15fps constant without any overclocking. I don't have time now but later today or tomorrow I'll overclock to see what I get.

That being said 15fps was certainly playable on my machine, not much lag and if you paused it even better at 22fps. I'm not sure if G-Sync helped with that at all though.

Check out my latest projects!
Ride | Custom Scenery  | Park

Offline max2

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
I mustered 15fps constant without any overclocking. I don't have time now but later today or tomorrow I'll overclock to see what I get.

That being said 15fps was certainly playable on my machine, not much lag and if you paused it even better at 22fps. I'm not sure if G-Sync helped with that at all though.

Thanks