Thoughts on Mickey's runaway railway and transformation of Epcot?

• 4 replies

Offline planetthrilldude57

• Always on the move
    • View Profile
With the announcement of several new big plans for the Disney world parks announced, these two stuck out to me the most, what are you most excited for and what are thoughts on Mickey's runaway railway and the big changes coming to Epcot?

Re: Thoughts on Mickey's runaway railway and transformation of Epcot?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 07:49 PM »
actually - - very excited and looking forward to them all. Epoct has been a lazy park for many years so looking forward to the face lift and new stuff coming. MRR is also a great update for that lazy (classic) Disney attraction. it was great at the beginning, and even though I liked the details in some of the scenes, it was showing its age, and the figures were so old and lame looking. Its great to see Mickey getting his first real attraction ever.

Offline wabigbear

• Gringo en Brasil
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 05:14 AM »
MRR looks to be great fun.  While I was very disappointed at first that they used the modern "MickeyAnime" style characters (which I really dislike...), from some of the artwork shown I'm coming to the conclusion that perhaps the newer modern style might work better with this idea rather than the more classic look.  I still dislike that they seem to be pushing the modern look and replacing the classic, but in this one instance it may lend itself better to this type of ride and the feel it has...be interesting to see once it opens if that's true or not.

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 02:04 PM »
MRR looks to be great fun.  While I was very disappointed at first that they used the modern "MickeyAnime" style characters (which I really dislike...), from some of the artwork shown I'm coming to the conclusion that perhaps the newer modern style might work better with this idea rather than the more classic look.  I still dislike that they seem to be pushing the modern look and replacing the classic, but in this one instance it may lend itself better to this type of ride and the feel it has...be interesting to see once it opens if that's true or not.
100% agree