RAMPANT - a small & realistic RMC | RELEASE

• 6 replies
RAMPANT - a small & realistic RMC | RELEASE
« on: September 13, 2019, 10:56 AM »

Hi and welcome to my little side project
-| RAMPANT |-
a small and realistic RMC inspired by Untamed at Walibi Holland.

This RMC might only be 23 m high and 600 m long but its 70 s ride still packs quite a punch.
I'm creating this ride after a trip to Walibi Holland and some awesome rides on Untamed.
Also I'm taking a little pause from Grindlheim until this ride is finished.

Update:

DOWNLOAD / STEAM WORKSHOP LINK
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1871173059

« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 02:00 PM by Zarroc91 »

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: RAMPANT - a small & realistic RMC
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 01:03 PM »
Excellent looking coaster and very realistic.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 08:54 AM »
Excellent looking coaster and very realistic.
Thanks, I always strive for a sensible amount of realism with my projects.

-| RAMPANT |-
I just wanted to post a little update today cause I'm making really good progress with the coaster.
In fact I'm nearly done with this little side project. Some theming around the queue and maybe some more custom
supports are still missing, but there's not much left to do.
A project I can actually finish quickly, yeah, who would have thought.  :n00b:

This first picture I call "Looking down the barrel".

« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 08:57 AM by Zarroc91 »

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 01:59 PM »

-| RAMPANT - Workshop Release |-
That's it, the side project is done. I just finished RAMPANT and uploaded it to the Workshop

Here are some more images from the final creation.

Offline Montu.

• aka HL
    • View Profile
Re: RAMPANT - a small & realistic RMC | RELEASE
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 04:18 PM »
Oh man, this was phenomenal. There was a lot to take in and I feel like I kept discovering things the longer I looked around. Figured the easiest way to explain how much I enjoyed this would be to go by categories.

The layout: Really really solid compact layout. Extremely smooth. Loved how close it stayed to the ground and the interactions it had with the queue and foliage. Ride was really really fun. And that trick track (fake track?) was so damn cool! Holy shit!

The station: Really cool concept. Again so many small details everywhere. The operator booth, the control panels, the storage bins, the themeing inside the station, the gift shop underneath. Really has that untamed vibe and I absolutely love it. The transfer shed was great as well.

The queue: When I initially opened the file, I didn't realize how long the queue was. Thought it was really well done, with how you did the fencing and the interactions under the structure. The small things like the vending machines and over hangs were really nice touches.

Surroundings: One of my favorite parts of the surroundings was the little planters. I thought the wall types and textures you used were really good and they turned out really clean. Loved the hidden benches. Really liked the fencing you used to block off the path to the backstage area. I thought that was extremely clean and realistic. And again, I really appreciate the back stage details. All of it was well done. Even the fun details like that smoking hazard dumpster.

Again, really really enjoyed this. It's hard to show how much effort you put into this from the screens. Everyone should take a look at this in game!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 04:23 PM by Montu. »

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 06:55 AM »
What a great RMC coaster. it looks fantastic. THe integration into the environment is well done. The layout is twisty and not boring. Realistic to a real RMC. I like the image editing as well!

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 02:03 AM »
@Montu: Thank you very much for your detailed comment! I'm glad  to hear you liked it and that you noticed the little easter eggs I put in.

@RCT D!: Thank you, too!

For those who didn't download RAMPANT yet, I created a short little trailer for it: