Haunted Mansion - by Shiftzie

• 12 replies

Offline Shiftzie

• French Crator in Planet Coaster ;) !
    • View Profile
Haunted Mansion - by Shiftzie
« on: October 16, 2019, 07:35 AM »
Hello everyone !

I’ve been working on a haunted house for a few months, and now it's nearly complete ^^ ! Welcome to the Haunted Mansion !!! Watch the trailer and stay tunes for the complete tour on october 30th :p !

Trailer :

Some screenshots :

Outside for today ;)

@Shiftzie

Re: Haunted Mansion - by Shiftzie
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 03:28 PM »
Looks great, and I love the video.  Anxious for the reveal.

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 03:30 PM »
Here I was hoping for a Knoebel's Haunted Mansion recreation. :P But this is even better! A original spooky new ride that I know nothing about! Looks lovely!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 06:10 PM »
OMG this looks so good!!

Offline rct3isepic

• if Daft Punk approves. it's good
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 11:40 PM »
this looks AMAZING!!

Offline Shiftzie

• View Profile

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 12:23 PM »
Nice job on this. Love the Mansion and the spooky atmosphere you created with this!  :)

Offline Shiftzie

• View Profile

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2019, 02:58 PM »
Just posted this on yoootooob:

"THE best.  So nicely done, Shiftzie!!  I love all the touches of realism everywhere...the caution striping...the exit signs glowing in the darkness...the little green lights along the tracks...the boxes the ghosts jumped up from.  It all made it feel so real."

Super-impressive!!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2019, 07:26 PM »
Wow, that was well worth the wait ever since you posted the trailer.  The exterior shots alone already showed some impressive building skills so I had very high expectations, and you met them all.   It's a large attraction and you had a lot of space to fill, which you did to great detail and without repetition (and with minimal to no TMTK content from what I can tell).   Lots of original ideas which I know is very hard to do in this genre.  And big props on that grand staircase/lift hill at the beginning, that was so clever I plan to steal it. 

I'll be subscribing just to figure out how you did it all.   :up:

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2019, 09:28 PM »
Excellent! Everything a Haunted Mansion should be. Filled with creepy crawlies, ghosts, skeletons, thunder & lightning, eerie organ music, fantastic lighting, and lots of jump scares. I think my favorite scenes were in the catacombs with the coffins and skeletons (or pieces of them) lying about, half-buried. I'll echo JP on the grand staircase/lift hill (and the stone staircase down into the catacombs). What's interesting is, I don't think there was actually a staircase on the lift hill, just the columns and railings. With the camera pointing toward the center, the stairs were (I think) never seen and not needed. Great video, great ride. :up:

Offline Shiftzie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2019, 05:30 AM »
Hey ! it's a real pleasure to read all your comments <3 ! i'm very happy you like it, really :) ! a lot of work, it was my really first spooky dark ride... and I’m quite happy with the result ^^! The staircase lift hill was the most difficult part lol ... So thanks a lot for your comments guys !! <3 <3 <3 (Thumb's up on steam if you like it ahah :p )

Offline warcat

• shyguy's World rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2019, 09:55 AM »
WOW!  Loved the ride from beginning to the end!  Totally agree on the staircase lift hill, that was just clever and very life like.  Clever surprise to be inside and then outside and then back inside again.