Deetz Family Farm

• 10 replies
Deetz Family Farm
« on: October 17, 2019, 01:20 AM »
What started as just goofing around & making the beetlejuice house turned in to making, "...the whole damn town" as Charles would put it!   ;D

Charles & Delia Deetz weren't done with the country life just yet though & expanded with the Deetz Family Farm down the road.  Every Halloween Charles gets to fulfill his theme park dreams with an annual spooktacular carnival, currently taking place,

Everything is still a WIP; building up the town, carnival and farm. I'll post progress pics as it continues to develop & add it to the workshop when it's done. I don't really know why I'm making this it just kind of randomly happened, lol... but it is actually pretty relaxing making a little autumn town & carnival this time of the year :love:

progress album: https://imgur.com/a/nPCFgM1

Thanks for checking it out!  :up:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 04:36 AM by cerealfruitcakes »

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
Re: Deetz Family Farm
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 08:30 AM »
Very lovely so far man! I'm digging your architecture.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 06:42 PM »
Love the overhead with all the colorful trees... apparently it's relaxing to look at pictures as well!

You've made some great progress in a short time so I know we'll be seeing lots more :)

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 07:12 PM »
Really cute! The mansion is spot on, but I'm disappointed there's no sandworm!!!

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 01:52 AM »
Thanks guys!

Really cute! The mansion is spot on, but I'm disappointed there's no sandworm!!!

I made an attempt....

« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 06:09 PM by cerealfruitcakes »

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 03:54 PM »
This is so perfect!  Ha ha I love it!!

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 06:50 PM »
I would say this qualifies as much more than "an attempt."  :P

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2019, 05:04 AM »
Wow that is an awesome attempt!

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2019, 04:12 AM »
This is so perfect!  Ha ha I love it!!
Thanks!  Having a lot of fun making it.  I love love love mini-models so this is a joy  :love:
Wow that is an awesome attempt!
I would say this qualifies as much more than "an attempt."  :P

Ha!  You know, I wasn't so sure because what I had started with looked pretty bad so I gave up & deleted it.  When I took another shot at it I had a cloud of, "This sucks!" hanging over & wasn't quite sure if I was hangin' out in the monkey house!    :n00b:

“I have this refrain about the monkey house at the zoo. When you first enter into the monkey house at the zoo, you think, 'Oh my god this place stinks!' And then after you're there for 20 minutes you think, 'it's not so bad' and after you're there for an hour it doesn't smell at all. And anyone entering the monkey house freshly thinks, ‘this stinks!’ You've been living in the monkey house." - Tim Gunn

Some vintage filter shots...

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2019, 04:19 AM »
Love how it looks with the filters!  (and the Tim Gunn quote :P)

Since there was a model railroad-sized model of the town in the movie, this could be a good occasion for that tilt-shift effect to make everything look miniature.  Sometimes you can kind of pull that off with the in-game filters ... I forget what I did but I think depth of field had something to do with it?

Then again, your version is real and life sized, so I can see the argument against it.   By the way, the detail on that house really shows in the last photo... love the custom stairs and railings.

Hoping there's more to come!!   :up:

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2019, 04:33 AM »
That mansion looks so great! I love the angles on it!