Quassy Amusement Park

• 12 replies
Quassy Amusement Park
« on: October 17, 2019, 08:29 PM »
Quassy Amusement Park is a real park on Lake Quassapaug in Middlebury, Conneticut. Unfortunately, it is composed almost entirely of kiddie rides, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to try and recreate this cute little park. Most of the rides have been substituted with adult rides.

I was inspired to do this park because I found a copy of Quassy's nice little Wooden Warrior woodie on the workshop, and built the park around that. The coaster is by Generic3141592, but has been significantly altered by me. I also used Fisherman's Frog Hopper and Swinging Ship, as well as my own kiddie teacups so there are at least a couple of kiddie rides. I also used Derek's popcorn cart. The parking lot of cars was created by Wabigbear. There are also a number of workshop items utilized, but none of them are absolutely essential to opening the park.

so anyway, on to the pics;

The ticket booth;

The main concourse;

Train Station and Carousel;

At night;

Game Booths and Snack Stands;

At night;

The Kiddie Tea Cups;

The small full service Quassy Restaurant;

More to come soon!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 08:36 PM by citytrader »

Re: Quassy Amusement Park
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 09:30 PM »
Thanks for all the wonderful comments!

Adios.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 09:33 PM »
Ha ha!  Just saw this.  You are working FAST!  How long have you been working on this one?  Looking good so far.  I like how you are putting all the game stalls and food stands together.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 10:00 PM »
It's interesting how the signs on the stalls & games are highly visible at night but almost vanish during the daytime. I guess that's due to the 'unlit' texture?

Online Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 05:03 AM »
I love the traditional feel of the stalls. Reminds me of Knoebels at times. Keep it up Citytrader!

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2019, 05:48 AM »
Thank you guys!

Here's the real park map;

For the time being, I am not building the water park area.

The ticket booth;

The food booths;

Overview of the park. Some sections still need some work;

« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 05:53 AM by citytrader »

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2019, 12:38 PM »
For a minute, I thought the overview was another photo of the actual park until I enlarged it and got a closer look. Great job!
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2019, 12:49 PM »
Thanks for all the wonderful comments!

Adios.

Haha, smartass.

Here's a wonderful comment, only a full day later :P

I agree this feels like a lot of work in a short time, and I also agree that that's a great looking overview.  And for some reason I really like how all the concessions are lined up in a row serving separate items, almost like it was made with Planet Coaster stands.  Carry on, anxious to see more :D

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2019, 02:01 PM »
Looking at the overview; this looks like a nice park to walk around in. Lots of curvy paths lined with lots of trees.

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2019, 02:23 PM »
I agree this feels like a lot of work in a short time, and I also agree that that's a great looking overview...
Thank you all for the nice comments!

Not really a lot of quick progress. I am usually working on two or three parks at a time, so when I get bored or more likely frustrated, I move on to the other for a bit then rotate to the next one. I have actually been working on this park for over six months, but wanted to wait until it was nearly ready for release to show it off. I also have a holiday park, which I hope will be of interest.

Anyway, here's a few more pics;

The walk to the picnic pavilion;

Quassy Zoo has some standard playground equipment and some fiberglass animals to crawl around on;

Business being slow, only one window of the slushie stand is open today (forgot to get rid of the controls!);

Small hot dog stand;

and the Up, Up, & Away ride;

« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 02:25 PM by citytrader »

Online Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2019, 02:36 PM »
Love the zoo!

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2019, 06:43 PM »
Thanks! The real one;

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2019, 03:59 AM »
Clever idea using the animatronic animals as playground equipment!  Definitely stealing for future use  :up:   :P