What does a new PC need to do Planco (and other games) well enough?

• 6 replies

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
I consider my first windows PC after 10 years, because well, my latest one is 10 years old.
I'm more playing Cities: Skylines these days (on my new iMac), but I want to return to Planet Coaster and so would like to buy a new PC for both games, probably very soon.

I really don't know much about Windows computers nowadays, but currently looking at a HP Pavilion Gaming computer with Core i7 8700 and 16 GB / 128 GB SSD / 1 TB HDD / nVidia GTX 1050Ti.

Need to start looking somewhere, and this kinda sounds okay, what do the experts here say?
Is it worth it for the games I'd like to play with good graphics, good fps performance and big parks / cities?

I wouldn't wanna spend much more than about 1000 Euros.

Re: What does a new PC need to do Planco (and other games) well enough?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 06:08 PM »
That's not too bad, pretty solid mid to low tier gaming rig. It would probably be enough for your needs.

That being said, check out Dell, they have a solid lineup and looks like they have a new Gaming Desktop range called the G5. Highly customizable in terms of options. I guess the question is is are you planning only playing PC and CS on this new computer or more?

Check out my latest projects!
Ride | Custom Scenery  | Park

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 03:33 AM »
That being said, check out Dell, they have a solid lineup and looks like they have a new Gaming Desktop range called the G5. Highly customizable in terms of options. I guess the question is is are you planning only playing PC and CS on this new computer or more?

Problem for a lot of european customers is that Dell is only sold online and not in stores. Also the aftersale service of Dell in europe is not that good as in the US

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 12:28 PM »
Yeah, I will mostly use it just for Planet Coaster and Cities: Skylines. Planet Zoo maybe?
I might also wanna play Civilization at some point, but definitely no action games.
For photo and video editing and all personal stuff I'm more than happy with my mac and iPad, so just need something to play PC and CS on, maybe even RCT3 if that's still supported.

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 01:03 PM »
Problem for a lot of european customers is that Dell is only sold online and not in stores. Also the aftersale service of Dell in europe is not that good as in the US

Fair enough, I saw that he was in Europe but couldn't speak to their service over there. In regards to buying in-store versus online I was going by he was going to buy online.

Yeah, I will mostly use it just for Planet Coaster and Cities: Skylines. Planet Zoo maybe?
I might also wanna play Civilization at some point, but definitely no action games.
For photo and video editing and all personal stuff I'm more than happy with my mac and iPad, so just need something to play PC and CS on, maybe even RCT3 if that's still supported.

Then what you posted at first should be just fine. Intel's chipset is currently in the 9th generation and your CPU is in the 8th so should be fine. (PC uses more processing power then you'd think.) GPU is fine as well, you might have to turn down some settings once the park starts getting large. Or buy RTX series one and throw it in afterwards.

Check out my latest projects!
Ride | Custom Scenery  | Park

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 06:11 PM »
Thanks ALT2870.
I keep looking around.

Currently considering this:
HP Pavilion Gaming TG01-0017ng Desktop
(Intel Core i7-9700F, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB SSD, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5 , Windows 10 Home)
and I might upgrade the GPU later, I guess that's possible on all those computers, right?

3rd option:

HP TG01-0023ng Gaming PC AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 16 GB 512 GB SSD Windows® 10 Home Nvidia GeForce GTX1660 Ti

would you buy at Amazon or rather a dedicated dealer?

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 12:23 PM »
Update:
I just ordered a HP Pavilion with Core i7-9700F, GTX 1650 4gb, 16 GB RAM and 512 GB SSD.