Official Planet Zoo Discussion Thread

• 11 replies

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Official Planet Zoo Discussion Thread
« on: November 05, 2019, 01:30 PM »
Planet Zoo was just released! Do you plan to get the game? If you have purchased it, what are your thoughts so far?
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Re: Official Planet Zoo Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 03:06 PM »
Have it. Had the beta. I hardly played the beta as it was all management and I was waiting more for the sandbox mode to build away. I have started a zoo, but sand box is a bit frustrating to me right now. Still have many of the required management quirks that I absolutely hate...like need for power, power breaking down, water filtration, Staff needing to take breaks, so you need break rooms and tool shops, etc. I hope that they make all this able to turn off sooner than later or I may find myself not splitting time between PlanCo and PlaZoo very much.

The time is also still at breakneck speeds.

Seems like they may have only addressed a few of the many items between Beta and live release. Fingers crossed it gets better.

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 03:14 PM »
Oh, I am indeed hoping it gets better. I'll need it for my huge long-term project in about 3 years.
Haven't downloaded it yet, but will surely do soon to give it a test.

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 01:45 AM »
I got it. played the beta liked it so far. but full release I didn't had the time to play it till now :)
but iam a bit hyped :D
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 04:11 AM »
I'm glad for this thread, I'm sure I'll purchase the game but aside from a couple of videos I haven't really done much research on it and I'm not really sure what to expect.

Those of you who have made the plunge, what is the "build mode" like?  Is it similar to Planet Coaster and RCT3 where you have complete control over every aspect, or is it more like RCTWorld where they just give you the buildings and you plop them down in their entirety?  How about pathing and game controls? 

I think what I'm saying is that if they've imported the Planet Coaster build basics, I'm much more likely to jump in...

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2019, 04:36 AM »
I'm glad for this thread, I'm sure I'll purchase the game but aside from a couple of videos I haven't really done much research on it and I'm not really sure what to expect.

Those of you who have made the plunge, what is the "build mode" like?  Is it similar to Planet Coaster and RCT3 where you have complete control over every aspect, or is it more like RCTWorld where they just give you the buildings and you plop them down in their entirety?  How about pathing and game controls? 

I think what I'm saying is that if they've imported the Planet Coaster build basics, I'm much more likely to jump in...
just like PlanCo as far as building goes and a ton of great looking pieces. There are also blueprints made up as well that you can use.

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2019, 04:38 AM »

Its basically PC with different skins and with animals instead of rides...and actually, there are 5 rides

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2019, 05:56 AM »
^^That's pretty much what I would want from this.  Thanks wowman!

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2019, 06:32 AM »
if you wana see what you can do with foliage, watch the yt series from mike (Bro Coaster)

this is some next lvl shit :)

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2019, 01:18 AM »
Planet Zoo was just released! Do you plan to get the game? If you have purchased it, what are your thoughts so far?

Yes, I just bought it yesterday and played the tutorial in the career mode and a little bit in sandbox... My first thoughts - Wow this is an amazing beautiful game :), but complex and as I love Planco you feel immediatly at home in Planet Zoo also... Definitly the best aspect of the game are the stars themselves - the animals which are absolutely amazing looking and animated. Just to sit there and watch them is worth to own the game already... Being it lions, pandas, hippos, snakes, whatever you like, so many animals are already there... It's fantastic.

I think the tutorial in the career mode is a perfect start to get familiar with the game (similar to the guided gameplay in the Ghostbusters DLC of Planco) and soon after playing a few minutes you recognize, that from a managment level perspective this game is far more complex than Planco. Man, there are so many things which are relevant. Just the sheer amount of menus and details (you can check the status of each animal with so many statistics, etc.) tell you soon, that this game is not only about building nice scenery and entertaining guests, but going really into managment much stronger now... And you have to like animals, as they constantly need your support and caretaking.

If I like that - don't know yet, but the first impression to me was overwhelming. It's a Planco with living animals, very beautiful music and to be honest a fantastic atmosphere, which makes me feel at home...

Will I play only Planet Zoo now... Defenitly no, just after a few hours of playing, I had to go back... back to my park in Planco, back to my rollercoasters... I really like animals, but hey I'm a coaster freak and will always be. I need the speed, the loops, the thrills, but yes I can imagine also sometimes in between to visit the new world of Zoo's in "PlanZoo"... ;)

And what do you think?
A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 01:25 AM by corkscrewloop »
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2019, 03:14 AM »
New update is out! Over 400 fixes, just here some Highlights:

Sandbox
Added a series of new options to customise your play -
Power usage
Water treatment
Fence degradation
Predation/fear
Death by old age
Staff happiness degradation
Staff energy degradation
Animal welfare needs
Maximise guest happiness
Freeze guest needs
Guest limit setting now added to sandbox and challenge mode too.
Unlocked assets in scenarios when they are loaded in sandbox and challenge mode.
Fixed issue with assets grouped with guest entrances not being able to be deleted.

complete Patchnotes you can find here --> https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/planet-zoo-update-1-0-3.531123/

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2019, 05:19 AM »
New update is out! Over 400 fixes, just here some Highlights:

complete Patchnotes you can find here --> https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/planet-zoo-update-1-0-3.531123/
I really hope this makes playing/building in sandbox way more enjoyable.