Brookfield Zoo

• 91 replies
Re: Brookfield Zoo
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2020, 06:53 PM »
if you look close at the second pic. There are two sets of lamp posts in the planters in the center of the photo...4 bulbs/lights total...and they barely if at all light up the pathway under them.

« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2020, 07:46 AM »
and if you visit the zoo in the winter...

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2020, 03:05 PM »
This game's depiction of snow is truly amazing.

« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2020, 06:21 PM »
You're doing such a great job with it, all of the scenery is looking fantastic. The little elevated path platforms are such a nice touch and I'm glad you included that detail. I can't wait until you get to the inside of the primate house, that was my favorite part when I visited!

« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2020, 09:49 AM »
Looks like a storm blew in when these guests were leaving the zoo

Bird's eye view of the completed entry area

« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2020, 07:19 AM »
Moving onto the main (north) entry plaza now. As you can see in the master plan below this area is circled. I will initially focus on the three building along the north edge.

Here is what it looks like before I start reshaping everything to make it fit better.

Paths will need to be reworked and the current building you see were just place holders and will need to be moved.

The clump of staff buildings on the far right are in what is a priority parking lot in the plan, but I will use this specs as back stage staff/support. Evenually I may make that more visually appearing...or just hide it behind a bunch of trees.

« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2020, 08:41 AM »
OK -  little bit of an explanation first.

I am now working on the structures at the very top middle of the master plan above (the gift shops and the guest services) buildings. I will be taking some creative liberties in this area, but want to explain why.

If you look at the guest services building...this is actually the old/original entrance to the zoo. It was a sort of neoclassical look. The new master plan appears to have altered the shape of the building...I assume closing it in and adding the part that bulks out into the plaza area.

I decided to change this up a bit and build more of what the zoo looks like in its current state today. Basically the entrance has been closed off with banners, hoses restrooms on each side and has some gift options on either end that were not really ever part of the original building (as far as I can recall).

So...here is what the building currently looks like:

And here is what I built with what was available in the game

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2020, 08:23 PM »
Here is what the old 'street side' of the entrance looked like.

and my version of this

« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2020, 11:13 AM »
here is the whole plaza area with this building before I added the retail buildings on each end.

« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2020, 03:25 PM »
On this side of the building I will be adding a gift shop that will have a covered walkway to access these restrooms.

The shop before the skin is built around it

« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2020, 09:39 AM »
Here is the shop added to the left side of the building. I didn't do an interior, just made it a walk up counter.

And a mirror image shop on the other side as well.

« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2020, 07:46 AM »
Here is the whole building structure from above

At night

« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2020, 07:47 PM »
Here is this area in the winter

...and in a rain storm

« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2020, 08:15 AM »
Here is what the plaza area look like from above right now. I will start filling in the rest next.

« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2020, 11:56 AM »
OK - moving  onto the circled area of the master plan. I flipped the plan over so the view angle was the sale as some of the photos I captured.

This is a building that current;y is not in the zoo. It calls for retail space on the lower level, the gondola station on the upper level, and an area for special exhibits.

I found a great building on the workshop that was made for a double monorail station. this is Monorail Station 2 by rni1223. AS you will see...I had to make many modifications to this to make it work more for what I was looking for, but it was a great base to start with.

Some of the modifications happening to retrofit it for the gondolas

The original building has a mirror image of itself on both sides because this was for a double track monorail. So it had a shop, a info both, and an entrance and exit queue on both sides. I removed these on one side of the building (circled below) and added in exhibit blocks to represent the Special Exhibits notation of what is in this building on the master plan. Basically added some reptile exhibits and a walkway around the parameter of the building.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2020, 01:52 PM »
That's a striking looking structure you found there. I like how you repurposed part of it for the Special Exhibits area on the map.

« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2020, 07:59 AM »
Next I will show a few pairs of pictures that show how I had to modify this station to get it to fit my needs.

First, this angle is looking at the station from the ride track view. It was designed to have two monorail tracks entering in those two gaps in the walls that you see.

Here you can see, in order to fit the much larger gondola cars into this building...I had to open up the walls, reconfigure some others, raise the roof a bit higher and fill in all the gaps where I moved things around. I also added a much more sturdy concrete base.

« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2020, 08:43 PM »
Side view of the original workshop item.

I removed the trees and the plaza and replaced it with a path and fencing (to keep guests off of the train tracks). Removed the stairways (because there is no need for the second monorail queues) and replaced them with exhibits. Also removed the stores and info booths and replaced with exhibits.You can the raised roof panels much better from this shot as well. I also added a keepers hut on the far right for the keepers that support the exhibits in this station area.

« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2020, 06:55 AM »
Here was the inside of the station before any modifications were done.

...and after. I flattened the floor, opened the end walls on both sides...and behind this shot I had to close off the two staircases that were there for the other monorail queues.

« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2020, 08:36 AM »
Here is the whole station from above...before and after

« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2020, 07:54 PM »
The Skyline station from ground level showing the queue area.

The train passes by the other side of the station where the smaller exhibits are located.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2020, 10:30 PM »
I'll say again what a neat idea it was to build the small critter exhibits into the Skyline station. I can just see the peeps, or myself, going from window to window to get a look at what's behind the glass.

« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2020, 08:15 PM »
Looking back at the station from what will be the entrance to the Africa part of the zoo.

A little keeper hut for the staff needed to take care of the exhibits around the station.

« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2020, 07:43 PM »
So looking down on this area of the entry plaza, I will move a little bit into the Australia Section of the zoo master plan.

Giving some perspective....

the orange boxed area is the entry and ticket turnstiles area that we have already looked at.

The purple circle area will be the carousal...not sure how I'm going to do that yet...waiting for a surprise release that includes one in game?

The blue will be new pathing that heads towards Australia and Habitat Africa.

The green will be a restaurant that overlooks the kangaroo habitat.

« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2020, 08:32 AM »
Decided to move over to the Australian part of the, to the right of the main plaza. This is the area that I will be working on.

Here is my raw plan of where everything will go.

The white lines are paths. The one going up yo the top will lead to Habitat Africa. The other will head right into Australia.

The tan circled are will be the special exhibit noted on the plan. Not sure what this will look like or what will go there yet.

The orange area is where the restaurant will be located.

The two green areas will be the kangaroo habitats (I think I will place llamas in there for now - hoping that we will get kangaroos soon).

And the whites dashed lines will be a keeper path/road that goes between the two habitats.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2020, 03:22 PM »
Kangaroos, llamas... I'm sure no one will be able to tell the difference. :P

« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2020, 04:39 AM »
Kangaroos, llamas... I'm sure no one will be able to tell the difference. :P
Exactly what I was thinking. I think I may just say kangaroos going forward and see what happens.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2020, 04:08 PM »
Haha. Do it. :D  (I'm curious to se if anyone notices.)

« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2020, 07:52 AM »
So here things are starting to get placed.

Paths are placed pretty close to what the master plan has laid out.

The blue area is the kangaroo habitat. I decided to combine the two separate enclosures in the plan, into a single one, still split by the keeper road that cuts through the middle of it. It will still have two shelters to house the higher number of animals just as the master plan shows.

The green area is the restaurant. This is a modified version of 'The Greenhouse' by YvesGamer from the workshop. It will have two entrances (indicated by the arrows). One from the pathways and the other actually from outside the park, if you so choose to eat here without actually entering the park. The orange lines along the building is where windows are to be able to view the kangaroos while eating.

I changed the name of the building to be Aussie Station because of where it is located. Here is what it looks like from the habitat side of the building. Note that the kangaroo habitat has not been fully themed at this point yet.

Here is the pathway side of the building. note that the side has walk up service places to grab pastries and coffee as well as the counter service eatery inside.

« Reply #89 on: May 30, 2020, 09:34 AM »
Here are some interior shots of the eatery. The original blue print had a bunch of faux tables and chairs, so I removed a lot of them, places pathways underneath, and then put in-game tables so guests will actually use them.

The curved glass wall looks out at the kangaroos

I also switched out some of the solid walls for windows to be able to see out into the habitat.